• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was in a pub. It is a safe assumption he was drinking. Be that tap water, coke, beer or turps. But that wasn't the point I was making, and you jolly well know it.

Thank you for your assurances, but you are not the only person on this board whose got experience of the professional and semi professional game.

So it would also be safe to assume it’s possible he was drinking tap water then? In which case he is guilty of the most heinous crime of lack of hygiene in not changing his clothes after a game?

Can this thread be locked now?? Harry has made an error of judgment, the club have dealt with it .. he’s probably more than well aware he was a bit naive .. over and done with surely ..

In fairness, IMO this thread has run its course, 32 pages and 622 opinions

A thing only Politian's, in the run-up to a general election dream of …....

Harry for No 10 ….:Think:

The thread is about Lennon, so let's drop the personal stuff and get back to the topic please. I don't want to close this thread so let's play nicely, thanks.

So Explosive Fibres don't count?

I don't think this thread would exist or that Harry Lennon would be training with the U23s if he had worn a lilac Explosive Fibres outfit, a pair of red Kickers and possibly a leather 'Africa' pendant down the boozer.

Last edited:
So it would also be safe to assume it’s possible he was drinking tap water then? In which case he is guilty of the most heinous crime of lack of hygiene in not changing his clothes after a game?

Sigh.....

As safe as it is to assume he was on the beer. Probably safer to assume the later.

If you go into a pub on any given Sunday afternoon, count up the number of people and then how many are drinking tap water. Then, divide the former by the latter, multiply by a 100 and you'll have a statistical basis for your probability.

Then do the same with beer drinkers.

You could of course then do it demographically by only looking at makes between 21 and 30.

When you've done that, let's see how your probability stands up to scrutiny.

But in reality, you need not do any of that. It is a fairly safe assumption that if HL is being disciplined by the club, they'll have carried out their investigation as per their own internal rules and will be of the opinion that whatever HL was up to, in a pub, with the opposition in his Southend trackie, on that Sunday afternoon warrants some kind of further action.

Of course, the assumption we've made is that the interview he had was some kind of disciplinary.

I am going to put you under your bridge now and stop feeding you.

Sigh.....

As safe as it is to assume he was on the beer. Probably safer to assume the later.

If you go into a pub on any given Sunday afternoon, count up the number of people and then how many are drinking tap water. Then, divide the former by the latter, multiply by a 100 and you'll have a statistical basis for your probability.

You could of course then do it demographically by only looking at makes between 21 and 30.

But in reality, you need not do any of that. It is a fairly safe assumption that if HL is being disciplined by the club, they'll have carried out their investigation as per their own internal rules and will be of the opinion that whatever HL was up to, in a pub, with the opposition in his Southend trackie, on that Sunday afternoon warrants some kind of further action.

Of course, the assumption we've made is that the interview he had was some kind of disciplinary.

All of this analysis for someone going to a pub a month ago, seriously? Who cares. Have we not got bigger problems?

It's a damning indictment of the 'esprit de corps' at Southend United that Harry Lennon went off with his mates after the Dover game rather than joining the rest of the team for a carvery.

Sigh.....

I’ve DMd you and that’ll be my last word on the subject.

Sigh.....

LOL 1-0

I’m not sure if anything you’ve just written makes sense....

Cantona was made an example of the authorities. Man U, it’s manager and it’s players and most definitely it’s supporters stuck by him rigidly and without exception.....and there really was little doubt about what he’d done.

If you’re still not sure of my point it’s this....if you don’t know the exact facts of what has and hasn’t happened then it’s unfair to judge and punish simply based on what you’ve heard while you were in the pub....or on whether you think he’s a good footballer or not.

That’s not too much to ask is it?

So why was Cantona not picked by France? was it, as in your notion, because he wasn't good enough, or was it because he had been naughty and wasn't a good fit in a French national squad? There was more going on with Eric before, and after the "Kung Fu" AND using your logic and argument, there might be more going on with HL.
I don't know, do you?

Please don't be rude and portray my post as senseless; isn't rudeness something you have spoken against on this thread? If you do not understand then that is not the same .

He got an FA ban!!

He actually wasn’t selected by France due to form. He cost them a goal in qualifying and never got selected again

Not sure what the point is really ?‍♂️?‍♂️

I can confirm a few of us have been out on the town with Harry Lennon a few months back. Whilst he came across a decent lad he is no party animal. In fact he drank tap water in the pub and couldn't get in the club because he was wearing a stupid tracksuit.......We removed him from our whatsapp group.

Scenario 1
Challenging for the League One play-offs and in a good run of form
Just won 3-1 away at Dover
Well organised defensively with HL at the forefront
Settled manager and squad, approved and loved by the fans
Incident : Forgiven and laughed off by the fans

Scenario 2
At the foot of the table
Conceded nearly 50 league goals
Disorganised at the back
Just lost 1-0 to Dover
New manager wanting to impose a bit of discipline
Squad disliked by the fans and perceived lazy and taking the **** a bit
Incident : Highly contentious

In isolation, the above two scenarios revolve around the same incident.

However, sometimes you have to think smarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back