• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dashman

Dash De Shrimper
In Tesco's it's £7 for the two disc DVD of Deathly Hallows Pt 1.

Now how can it cost £7.95 for an adult to see the film at the cinema!!!???!!!

Crazy price of cinema tickets nowadays!

(LOL replace and for nad in this threads title!)

Because Tesco's are probably selling it as a loss-leader in order to get people into there stores to buy there weekly shopping, where as at the cinema besides some over-priced drinks and popcorn, this is there main source of revenue.

Anyway, £7.95 is cheap, cost me £10 a ticket, but that was the awesome IMPACT screen at Empire.

Because Tesco's are probably selling it as a loss-leader in order to get people into there stores to buy there weekly shopping, where as at the cinema besides some over-priced drinks and popcorn, this is there main source of revenue.

Anyway, £7.95 is cheap, cost me £10 a ticket, but that was the awesome IMPACT screen at Empire.

I think it's actually the reverse... Many cinema's run at a loss when it comes to screening films, but make their money on the over-priced drinks and popcorn. I think Pubey pulled up a quote from a cinema manager who labelled cinema's as nothing more than glorified sweet shops.

I'd only ever go to the Cinema to see a blockbuster at an IMAX or 3D screen now. If they're going to charge in excess of £7 then I want something that I can't experience at home. I'd rather wait for it to be released on DVD/Blu-Ray and rent it from LoveFilm.

The amount of utter tripe that Hollywood pumps out goes to show that the actual film means very little in the grand scheme of things.

I think it's actually the reverse... Many cinema's run at a loss when it comes to screening films, but make their money on the over-priced drinks and popcorn. I think Pubey pulled up a quote from a cinema manager who labelled cinema's as nothing more than glorified sweet shops.

I'd only ever go to the Cinema to see a blockbuster at an IMAX or 3D screen now. If they're going to charge in excess of £7 then I want something that I can't experience at home. I'd rather wait for it to be released on DVD/Blu-Ray and rent it from LoveFilm.
Indeed, cinemas don't make a profit from the tickets (maybe even a loss) because the films are so expensive to buy from the studios. They make their money on the food and drink. Likewise, we go to the cinema a lot less and for the main big films we tend to go to manchester to see them on the IMAX.

In Tesco's it's £7 for the two disc DVD of Deathly Hallows Pt 1.

Now how can it cost £7.95 for an adult to see the film at the cinema!!!???!!!

Crazy price of cinema tickets nowadays!

(LOL replace and for nad in this threads title!)

I agree: it's despicable to be charging adult prices for a kids' film.

I'm trying to work it out, I get my films from isohunt, I don't understand how after buying so many titles they can just freely distribute them? Must be some incredibly wealthy person sharing the wealth out there for everyone else. Unless his loss leader is mail order Russian brides?

I never said the cinema tickets made the cinemas profit, i said they were the main source of revenue. Despite the food and drinks being over-priced, i would say mine never costs me more than the prices of the ticket, eg - drink and popcorn combo is £6.50, ticket is £8... so overall, the tickets are the main revenue source, the confectionary is where the make up the shortfall/profit

Having spent £140 in Tesco today I think I should've been given the bloody thing for free!!! :'(

Back