• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Redknapp

I don't want him buying the club (not least of all because he doesn't strike me as a guy that knows how to balance the books) but Kevin Bond's the only thing he can really be blamed for, although we would have been down last year anyway if he hadn't got involved. The real mess comes from the long contracts of expensive players that didn't want to be here, and that happened before Harry showed.
He is on record while talking about dear old Bobby Moore, back in the day, that SUFC is a joke club..annoyed me at the time but true sadly...Rednapp would see straight thro "Rotten Ronnie"

If he was to buy the club , i doubt very much he will though , im sure he would want the best for it,he dosent appear to me to be a man who would throw his money about willy nilly.He would definitely be looking for promotion at least to Championship and stability within the club .

Prefer Ron, he is a winner in life. Harry is a chancer, a blagger. He was a manager for donkeys years but what truly decent teams did he ever produce? If it wasn't for an offside goal WE would've beat his best ever spurs side, and at the Lane too.

It's a "no thanks" from me too, but to suggest he is a loser to Ron Martin's "winner" is frankly ridiculous. I realise all his achievements in football hardly bear comparison to being an also ran in a bobsleigh.

I don’t think he would be interested in us anyway. He would be looking for a more “glamorous” club.

No thanks, we need to keep away from the West Ham influence and not be their "little brother". We need to keep our own identity. Most West Ham connections with us have ended in failure, Alvin Martin, Bobby Moore RIP, Peter Storrie, Kevin Bond, not a player with WHU but strong links with Redknapp.

It's a "no thanks" from me too, but to suggest he is a loser to Ron Martin's "winner" is frankly ridiculous. I realise all his achievements in football hardly bear comparison to being an also ran in a bobsleigh.

I bet Ron's Lake Placid tracksuit still fits him though whereas I bet Harry has been sailing elastic waisted jeans out of Blue Harbour for a good decade or so.

If he was to buy the club , i doubt very much he will though , im sure he would want the best for it,he dosent appear to me to be a man who would throw his money about willy nilly.He would definitely be looking for promotion at least to Championship and stability within the club .

Yeah, I'll give you that.
He much prefers to p!ss away huge amounts of someone else's money on his old mates contracts and retain a nice little percentage for himself.

We have bumped into a few of Harry's ex clubs in Leagues One and Two.
EXclubs he was manager of , he would have a different perspective if he owned them ,same as most people here would that instead of working for a company ,your attitude would be so different if you owned that company .

EXclubs he was manager of , he would have a different perspective if he owned them ,same as most people here would that instead of working for a company ,your attitude would be so different if you owned that company .

My point is they were in the Premier League when he managed them.

Question is would he be able to be an owner and not get too involved in the management side of the team? I don’t think he could.

Back