• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Redknapp

Maldon Shrimper

First XI⭐
According to Peter Crouch latest podcast and reported in the Daily Star comic Harry would like to buy a League 1 or 2 club with potential. I wonder if he has had a chat with Ron?

He's certainly not someone I would want back at the club in any capacity. That said, if the right offer was made and Ron was content then I suspect it wouldn't matter a toss what supporters thought of it. However, I can't see Ron having any interest in selling when the Fossetts Farm money tree is so close to being planted.

When the time comes for Ron to sell there is very little for us fans to say who he cant sell to.
As a side issue wasnt he the manager at Portsmouth when Soll was there?

No way. Its his influence that got us into this mess.
I don't want him buying the club (not least of all because he doesn't strike me as a guy that knows how to balance the books) but Kevin Bond's the only thing he can really be blamed for, although we would have been down last year anyway if he hadn't got involved. The real mess comes from the long contracts of expensive players that didn't want to be here, and that happened before Harry showed.

If there is a thread to discuss what could possibly make following our beloved club worse than the cluster feck we have just suffered, this would be a good starter.
A quick review of 'Arry's previous and his potential to bring on further disrepute would obviously invite legal issues..... (allegedly).
Let's just say the lovable cheeky cockney schtik cuts no ice with me!

If there is a thread to discuss what could possibly make following our beloved club worse than the cluster feck we have just suffered, this would be a good starter.
A quick review of 'Arry's previous and his potential to bring on further disrepute would obviously invite legal issues..... (allegedly).
Let's just say the lovable cheeky ****ney schtik cuts no ice with me!
Haha, love what the swear filter has done there!

Ron won't sell at a reasonable price so it wont happen. I'd fancy Harry to do a much better job than Ron tho.

Prefer Ron, he is a winner in life. Harry is a chancer, a blagger. He was a manager for donkeys years but what truly decent teams did he ever produce? If it wasn't for an offside goal WE would've beat his best ever spurs side, and at the Lane too.

Back