• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Harry Seaden on trial with Swansea

Gazza121

Seems like he's on trial with my team Swansea City.

Any info on this /him.

Long time since I last came on here...

Any info on this /him.

Still very young for a keeper. Has had a taste of first team football but not necessarily in the best of circumstances. Therefore hard to give you an assessment.

I believe he's highly rated but seems to have dropped down the pecking order here and is now 3rd choice. It is however very hard to put your faith in young goalkeepers when you're in a serial decline with constant threat of relegation. Maybe if we'd had a mid-table season we might have had the luxury of granting him some no-pressure minutes.

As ever with players of his age, particularly goalkeepers, he might have something that someone likes the look of, and we certainly have a track record for finding good young custodians.

Any info on this /him.

I don't like to speak badly about young youth players but I really don't rate him at all. He's had a couple of ok performances but I simply cannot un-see the Daggers game where he was awful and that's generous. I wish him the best of course if he does move on.

Had to be thrown into a number of first team level games when arguably not ready, but then again didn't take the chance while it was there, which makes it extremely difficult to give you a good idea of what he's like.

Difficult to compare Seaden with our new No2 Andeng-Ndi.
The latter had a debut to remember against lesser opposition, and not only because he saved a crucial penalty.
Seaden also conceded just one on his debut like Andeng, but it was downhill from there.
In six competitive appearances for Blues, Harry's conceded 16.
Criticised in the 6-1 defeat at Colchester; he got more of the same at Halifax and Dagenham this season.
You could say he had none of the advantages of playing in this current set-up, but he needs to work on his cross collection - and needs a new club to restore his confidence.

Last edited:
Season may well do well if not with us elsewhere. He has always been a decent prospect and a change might be what he needs. He is unlucky in Andeng-Ndi has come through and looks the real deal for the future. And as a NL club you are never needing three first team keepers.

Tough for a keeper, one stinker and everyone knows about it and it stays in the memory...

He must have something about him or he wouldnt have made it this far, perhaps just not meant to be for us.

Very surprised he’s on trial with Swansea in all honesty. But was obviously highly rated by us at one point. Felt sorry for the lad as it always seemed like he was overlooked in favour of emergency loans. I trust the judgement of those at the club though and I imagine CAN is seen as the better prospect at this stage.

Very surprised he’s on trial with Swansea in all honesty. But was obviously highly rated by us at one point. Felt sorry for the lad as it always seemed like he was overlooked in favour of emergency loans. I trust the judgement of those at the club though and I imagine CAN is seen as the better prospect at this stage.
Or maybe the opposite. The fact that HS is highly rated and under contract means we can command a fee for him. Maybe we consider CAN to be adequate cover and are therefore prepared to let HS go in favour of the money we can make and re-invest.

Any info on this /him.

Was highly regarded. Played for England u15s I think. Was on trial at Arsenal a year or two ago.

Pushed into first team action because of injury before he was ready. He’s played 4 league games and has conceded 7 goals in that time but I suspect his confidence has gone after the abuse dished out to him by his own fans.

Although I wish him well in his trial at Swansea, I have not been too impressed with his performances. He also looks a bit overweight to me which always rings alarm bells re attitudes to fitness training.

Was highly regarded. Played for England u15s I think. Was on trial at Arsenal a year or two ago.

Pushed into first team action because of injury before he was ready. He’s played 4 league games and has conceded 7 goals in that time but I suspect his confidence has gone after the abuse dished out to him by his own fans.
He has played for England u17 as well

Sad, but true. Not the first GK to suffer this fate…

Personally I feel he’s a decent prospect, let down by being forced into a very poor side with little defensive cover.

Any info on this /him.

He cares about his teeth, he wears a gum shield.

I’ve seen him a couple of times and he is very raw. He had an absolute mare at Daggers but he can also pull off some great saves. There is a good goalkeeper there, he is young enough to be a decent league goalkeeper. Look at how ****e Butland was when he played against us for Cheltenham. He played 9 times for England! You’d have suggested anyone who said that would happen was on crack at the time.

I hope it works out for him, maybe he needs the move to give him the push.

How many players have (prior to Maher) been thrown under the bus by prior regimes? Another young kid who was thrown into a sinking ship and expected to perform.

Good luck to him, I know he trained with Arsenal for a long time fairly recently and they were very impressed.

Again, fans in this thread and on other social media making ridiculous comments. Please remember Ted Smith, who was once upon a time on trial at spurs and had to quit the game because of social media comments made by our fans.

Southend United goalkeeper Harry Seaden is on trial with Championship club Swansea City.

The 20-year-old shot-stopper came through the youth ranks at Roots Hall and has now made six senior appearances for the Shrimpers.

However, Seaden has not featured since a 3-0 defeat to Dagenham in October and has fallen behind Collin Andeng Ndi in the pecking order.

Seaden is now training with the Swans and was on the bench for their under 23 side against Cardiff City yesterday.

Link to story
Link

Back