• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
Tomorrow's match will be refereed by a Mr Brown from Hull ....... no, not that one !!!

The referee is Mark Brown from Hull who is just starting his fourth season as a League referee. This will be the second consecutive season that he has refereed our first away game and we'll be hoping for something rather better than last time, results wise.

His first season didn't seem to be going too badly with a couple of Championship appointments, but he fell foul of the refereeing authorities for inappropriate use of social networking sites (something to do with a joke about Liverpool) and was suspended for a short while.

He made his first visit to Roots Hall towards the end of the season 10/11for our 4-0 win over a hapless Bradford City team (one caution each), having refereed Southend once before in the early season away defeat at Bury (again one caution each).

His more recent Southend matches were the away game at Macclesfield the season before last when we won 2-0 with once again one caution each (ours was Mohsni) and that away opener last season at Peterborough when we lost 4-0. Cards for Prosser, Hall and Ferdinand and one of theirs.

He appears to have been forgiven his indiscretions as he was again getting good appointments. His yellow card count was decidedly low last season (61 yellows and 6 reds from 24 games) and he has always looked a decent referee when I've seen him.

In his profile he is asked who has been the biggest influence on his career. He replies with the usual trite comments about colleagues and then adds "also my ex-wife for moving out so I could concentrate on my football and not have to listen to her moaning all day and night!".

Mackem, Danny Markham and Tom Rogers from Darlington will be running the lines and the former will be joined by 4th Official Graeme Fyvie on the short journey from Sunderland.

Back