• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref Watch ...... Hartlepool

Mick

Life President
The man in charge of Saturday's rather important fixture is Phil Gibbs from Birmingham. He is employed as Assistant Headteacher at a boys' secondary school in Kings Heath.

In his second year as a League referee, he has never refereed Southend before and Hartlepool only once (they lost away).

I have never seen him officiate although he stepped in to do the QPR v Middlesbrough match last week and he appeared to have trouble keeping up with play. Has done 5 championship matches so far this season and his card count is only just the wrong side of average with 60 yellows and a red from 19 games.

Assisting him will be another educationalist, schools sports coach David Rock from Barnet and John Busby from Oxford with Ian Cooper from Rochester standing by on 4th official duties.

The man in charge of Saturday's rather important fixture is Phil Gibbs from Birmingham. He is employed as Assistant Headteacher at a boys' secondary school in Kings Heath.

In his second year as a League referee, he has never refereed Southend before and Hartlepool only once (they lost away).

I have never seen him officiate although he stepped in to do the QPR v Middlesbrough match last week and he appeared to have trouble keeping up with play. Has done 5 championship matches so far this season and his card count is only just the wrong side of average with 60 yellows and a red from 19 games.

Assisting him will be another educationalist, schools sports coach David Rock from Barnet and John Busby from Oxford with Ian Cooper from Rochester standing by on 4th official duties.

Should favour us having Elvis J Eel as a mascot.

Mick said:

Did pretty well, apart from one major blunder in booking Clark instead of Humphreys which then led to the sending off. Thought he got all the bookings right (if not to the right people), and tried to let the game flow as much as possible. Certainly one of the better refs we've had at the Hall this season, in fact probably only behind Phil Crossley.

ldnfatso said:
Clark was correctly given both bookings i think you will find!
I stand corrected, I could have sworn it was Humphrys and that was why Clark was having such a moan about being booked...

Thought the ref did ok to be fair. The ginger lino (a fat version of Bradley Branning from Eastenders) was hopeless, the ref overruled him at least twice.

Back