• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Has anyone ever heard of this before?

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
The McDonalds in Basildon town centre is closing today because it is no longer financially viable.

I don't recall ever hearing of a McDonalds shutting down before.

Anyone like to speculate whether they have been undercut by the opposition or people just can't afford to eat there anymore?

The McDonald's in Hemel Hempstead's main shopping street closed a couple of years ago. My boss used to work for them and apparently they had been trying to get rid of that site for years.

Until you mentioned Basildon though, I had never heard of a McDonald's closing.

The McDonalds in Basildon town centre is closing today because it is no longer financially viable.

I don't recall ever hearing of a McDonalds shutting down before.

Anyone like to speculate whether they have been undercut by the opposition or people just can't afford to eat there anymore?

There is another one in Eastgate and I guess 2 Maccyds in one hight street is too much

KFC shut in Hillsborough. I think they're making a big move to drive thru locations.

There used to be a small McDonald's at the Kursaal but that closed a couple of years ago, I'm guessing the off season trade couldn't sustain the business because during the summer months it was always packed.

There is another one in Eastgate and I guess 2 Maccyds in one hight street is too much

Not really both in the High Street though Southend manages quite well with two. The Eastgate one doesn't really cater for the same people that used the one in the square, I noticed the Pizza Hut there had closed too when we were in town yesterday. Basildon Town Square is dying on its feet, loads and loads of empty units.
Who wants McDonald's when you can have a TACO BELL
Really? :stunned: Taco Bell in Eastgate is one of the worst fast food meals I've ever had!

There used to be a small McDonald's at the Kursaal but that closed a couple of years ago, I'm guessing the off season trade couldn't sustain the business because during the summer months it was always packed.
Indeed, I always thought it did quite well.

With apologies to anyone working in McDonalds it never ceases to amaze me how, in HK, with such a fantastic variety of international cuisine that the McDonalds on my walk into the office is rammed full. Firstly it is not FAST and secondly it is definitely not FOOD.

With apologies to anyone working in McDonalds it never ceases to amaze me how, in HK, with such a fantastic variety of international cuisine that the McDonalds on my walk into the office is rammed full. Firstly it is not FAST and secondly it is definitely not FOOD.

No its ****ing disgusting.

Food takes horrible, they are horrbile to sit in. I dont see what anyone sees in them.

No its ****ing disgusting.

Food takes horrible, they are horrbile to sit in. I dont see what anyone sees in them.

Had the misfortune of eating there when in America and having little choice on the Freeway stops. Plastic tasting poop in a bun.

The rates are too high and the Francise still has four other units. They had to shut at 7-00pm and as no footfall really passed it like a High St one would have it become unviable. Bas doesn't have a clue on these issues even the market is privately owned and is on deaths door.

Back