• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

has anyone mentioned

Alex

Members
ryan robbinson and steven clark (im p!ssed off with that one to be honest) have been released. Jay smith has been offered a 1 year deal that will be renewed for a further 1 year deal if he plays more than 25 games

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alex @ May 12 2004,16:32)]Jay smith has been offered a 1 year deal that will be renewed for a further 1 year deal if he plays more than 25 games
Now that is interesting. It's certainly an innovative way of dealing with the problem that Jay has, in effect, been a bit of a sicknote.

Can't see why you're annoyed about Clark going - that was always on the cards. He simply hasn't done enough to justify a contract. Harsh - but fair.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alex @ May 12 2004,16:32)]ryan robbinson and steven clark (im p!ssed off with that one to be honest) have been released. Jay smith has been offered a 1 year deal that will be renewed for a further 1 year deal if he plays more than 25 games
Seems a bit harsh putting the "25 games" clause in. What if some **** from Cambridge clobbers him again, hardly his fault is it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Blue @ May 12 2004,16:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alex @ May 12 2004,16:32)]ryan robbinson and steven clark (im p!ssed off with that one to be honest) have been released. Jay smith has been offered a 1 year deal that will be renewed for a further 1 year deal if he plays more than 25 games
Seems a bit harsh putting the "25 games" clause in. What if some **** from Cambridge clobbers him again, hardly his fault is it.
It's probably a case of the club covering themselves in case Jay doesnt fully recover. They probably would, under normal circumstances, have given him a 2 year contract, but are worried in case he returns as a lesser player, or is now more prone to injuries.

My guess is that should the same thing happen again, and Jay misses half the season through a serious injury, thats not been caused by his previous injury, then he'll get a chance of a new contract.

not his fault no, but it doesnt mean he wont get another contract, he might get one even if he only plays 1 game. it means that if he plays more than 25 games he automaticallly gets a new contract

Yea, I agree with that about Jay. Probably (IMO) our best player, but misses too many games. Not his fault, just very unlucky! I'd love to see him stay as long as he can.

Sounds hopeful that Maher, Connie and Cort will sign Friday. I'd be well chuffed with that and what a good message to send out to new signings that 3 of our best players are willing to commit to Tilly's army!

Shame to see Clarke leave. Thought he had a real good game against QPR, but didn't feel he got enough time in the first team to show any worth that he may have.

Oh well!

No suprise to see either released.

Clarks hardly played this season and is far too inconsistent, also we have plenty of good midfielders anyway at the club. He will struggle IMO to get a league club.

Only saw Robinson a few times but he never looked that good to me either

[b said:
I'm sad that Clark didn't fill his potential for us, but we aren't a charity.
sad.gif

Back