• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Has Hooly forund Hattrick ???

Not unless he has changed his name to Arno van Vliet and moved to Rotterdam
tounge.gif

There's a Hooly United too (68728) and they're both in the Netherlands.

Also check out:

Andrew Byford - 47773165
Dan Armstrong - 51178608
Gareth Roberts - 48453052
Benjamin Herbert - 16644507
David Graciani
biggrin.gif
Paulo Napa
biggrin.gif

Matt Weir and Martin Todd were last seen having a pint at the local pub. Their days of glory are clearly over
biggrin.gif

Andy Thorne was last seen trying to get the attention of a young blonde at a downtown club. His days of glory are clearly over
biggrin.gif

There are way too many Matt Walkers and Tony Smiths though, commoners!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ Mar. 03 2005,15:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Mar. 03 2005,14:39)]Also check out:

I found him ages ago turns out I'm a **** wiv a tash! in hattrick land
tounge.gif
You better hope that Jávea Shrimper doesn't see this.

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Mar. 03 2005,16:36)]
[b said:
[b said:

tounge.gif

wink.gif
why ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ Mar. 03 2005,22:20)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

tounge.gif

wink.gif
why ?
He takes offence to such vulgar suggestions.

wink.gif

Take a look at the David Prutton thread in the All Leagues forum

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Mar. 03 2005,22:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ Mar. 03 2005,22:20)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

tounge.gif

wink.gif
why ?
He takes offence to such vulgar suggestions.

wink.gif

Take a look at the David Prutton thread in the All Leagues forum
I wasnt being racist I was stating fact I find it rather amusing as its supposed to be me I would have been well ****ed off id been a ginger frenchie!

Better hope that I don't see it, more like. Please don't use phrases such as "****" - it's racist. Please use "asian" or the like.

And I mean that quite seriously, folks.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Mar. 07 2005,18:01)]Please don't use phrases such as "****" - it's racist.
A rather all-encompassing stance? Surely it can't be racist if you are referring to someone of Pakistani origin? They use it quite freely for self reference:

www.****.com

It is just unfortunate that the UK has grasped the term as a derogatory reference for all Asians, whether of Pakistani origin or not. I trust that any references would be checked out before being censored?

Will references to Krauts and Frogs be treated in the same manner?

Anyway, not a discussion for here....

I was going to add something along this lines after watching two programmes just recently that discussed the word '****'.

The first was about how in Pakistan this an ok term to use for someone from that country. In fact many Pakistanis do use it.

And then 2nd was about Pakistani origin youths in Britain, who are now trying to reclaim the word to it's origin, non-offence use.

The first programme also discussed the term *** and how it was originally meant to describe an Oriental person who discarded their tradtional look for the look of the western world i.e Westernised Oriental Gentleman.

Of course both terms were picked up by the ill educated as a terms of abuse. And now in these PC times such words create more fuss on TV then the broadcasting of the word C**t at 10am.

Anyway as Mr B stated this is not really for discussion here, as after all it is meant to be for Hattrick issues.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Mar. 08 2005,08:43)]Surely it can't be racist if you are referring to someone of Pakistani origin? They use it quite freely for self reference:

www.****.com
...just as it's OK for black people to refer to each other as "******", presumably.  It's a way of "re-claiming" the word; but as the former oppressors, I can't help feeling that for white people to be using the word, it's a case of us sailing unnecessarily close to the wind, and running the risk of this site being labelled as racist.

If it's all the same, I think that we should err on the side of caution on the zone, and refer to people as "Pakistani" rather than "****".

rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Mar. 08 2005,12:33)]If it's all the same, I think that we should err on the side of caution on the zone, and refer to people as "Pakistani" rather than "****".

rock.gif

Matt
Yes please. I have Asian friends who take offence with this word.

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 08 2005,12:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Mar. 08 2005,12:33)]If it's all the same, I think that we should err on the side of caution on the zone, and refer to people as "Pakistani" rather than "****".

rock.gif

Matt

sad.gif
Liar, you don't have ANY friends
wink.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 08 2005,12:43)]
[b said:

rock.gif

Matt

sad.gif
Maybe because they are Indian or Bengali. then of course it would be considered offensive.

It is like us being called French
tounge.gif
well skin is the same colour so we must be French.

Back