• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

After some of the latest games do you think Ron Martin can still see the passion in his eyes ?

Very interesting comment Ken. Exactly the same thoughts have been going through my mind lately. Its as if his mind is elsewhere :(

CT1sWwRWUAA8L0c.jpg

He managed us to a 3-1 victory over the league leaders nine days ago. We're not in Wignall territory yet.

I guess the only real hope of taking us to the next level on a more permanent basis would be the development of a new stadium etc
Whilst this seems no closer and the media are publishing stories about Bolton it's probably only natural if PB seems a tad distracted
In his place it would test a lot of people's professionalism
We'll doubtless see as the next few weeks pan out but I remain unconvinced that PB is as committed to us now as he was 6 months ago

He's got Hungry Eyes, but as Phil is a huge fan of cheesy 80's films for ladies, it's in his record collection. #oneforthekidsthere

Certainly think talk of a manager leaving is unsettling for a club.

We had this last season with Bolton after four straight wins in September 2014 and promptly lost at home to Morecambe.

Ask the managers door that got kicked open last night after the match, not sure if that was pre or post discussion with the ref.

He's got the passion in his eyes alright. He's just showing why he's not managing in the Premiership. He's getting team selection wrong. He's getting tactics and formation wrong. He has all these wingers at the club, but won't start them. When they come on, we suddenly look like we could score a goal or two. They can't do no worse than Hunt and Mooney, who have both not lived up to expectations. Mooney especially, looks to be a terrible signing.

Make of this what you will ;

"Sam Allardyce asked me to join him at Sunderland, the club I supported as a kid. Now all the speculation about Bolton Wanderers.
"They've been in financial disarray truth be known for the last two or three years and now that is coming to fruition.
"It's really difficult for me to talk about it when there is a man as good as what Neil Lennon in the position at the moment. So really it is not right for me to say. I wish 'Lenny' good luck from now until the end of the season."

Make of this what you will ;

"Sam Allardyce asked me to join him at Sunderland, the club I supported as a kid. Now all the speculation about Bolton Wanderers.
"They've been in financial disarray truth be known for the last two or three years and now that is coming to fruition.
"It's really difficult for me to talk about it when there is a man as good as what Neil Lennon in the position at the moment. So really it is not right for me to say. I wish 'Lenny' good luck from now until the end of the season."

AKA, I haven't distanced myself from the job if you read between the lines.

Back