• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Has the love of your club gone?

Farmer Fossett

Youth Team⭐
I like many here have supported Southend for many years. I have been to over 600 games have been a season ticket holder and have followed the blues all over the Country. There are far more dedicated fabs than me i still however loved my club and going to Roots Hall was a highlight of the week.

It shames me to say that the love I had for my club has gone.i listened to the first half against Torquay and can honestly say that I didn't care how we performed or the result. When I realised we had lost to a last minute goal I didn't care. It was as though it was yet another expected betrayal. It feels similar to breaking up with a wife or girlfriend where you constantly fight and argue and then eventually give up.

Who do I blame - I'm not sure and to be honest I no longer care. Is it the Manager? Not sure Brown, Powell, Bond, Campbell and Molesely are not all bad managers. Is it the players, yes they have underperformed but we're they good enough in the first place. Is it RM - he obviously should take responsibility but he probably has the clubs best interest to heart.

I will still go to the odd game even if it feels like I am seeing a dieing relative in hospital taking their last breath.

I hope my love of my club returns - I do feel ashamed as to how I feel. I just believe we are on a downhill spiral that will lead to inevitable administration and then collapse.

Unfortunately yes. There will never be another team for me, I don't believe in 2nd teams or glory hunting so I am a Shrimper till I die.

After 54 years of watching my club I so miss Roots Hall and the many fantastic away days (win or lose) travelling the country.

With a very heavy heart I vowed to stay away from Roots Hall until RM gets off his deluded cloud and Fantasy Farm is finally dead and buried. I won't spend my hard earned money lining his pocket anymore.

I can't wait to come on here and shout about our great win yesterday or how we are in with a shout of promotion but after the shambolic walk in the park at Col Ewe which whatever angle you want to throw on it was PB's fault I have lost the passion, enthusiasm and feeling but never the heart.

Southend till I die, at nearly 60 years old I hope and pray I am around long enough to have a team I can shout about again and be proud of. I don't give a damn about FF I just want my club to be respected and worthy of the wonderful support they get.

I still love the club but the motivation to go to games is not really their now...... that's all down to the last few season and not seeing much change interms of the direction the club is going! We are as fans all just hoping for better days, but in reality better days are so far away.

I like many here have supported Southend for many years. I have been to over 600 games have been a season ticket holder and have followed the blues all over the Country. There are far more dedicated fabs than me i still however loved my club and going to Roots Hall was a highlight of the week.

It shames me to say that the love I had for my club has gone.i listened to the first half against Torquay and can honestly say that I didn't care how we performed or the result. When I realised we had lost to a last minute goal I didn't care. It was as though it was yet another expected betrayal. It feels similar to breaking up with a wife or girlfriend where you constantly fight and argue and then eventually give up.

Who do I blame - I'm not sure and to be honest I no longer care. Is it the Manager? Not sure Brown, Powell, Bond, Campbell and Molesely are not all bad managers. Is it the players, yes they have underperformed but we're they good enough in the first place. Is it RM - he obviously should take responsibility but he probably has the clubs best interest to heart.

I will still go to the odd game even if it feels like I am seeing a dieing relative in hospital taking their last breath.

I hope my love of my club returns - I do feel ashamed as to how I feel. I just believe we are on a downhill spiral that will lead to inevitable administration and then collapse.
You should not feel ashamed of your feelings for the club. Don’t feel guilty, it only natural. A lot of us are mourning for the club’s demise.
I think it’s going to take a miracle to turn this club around.

I still care, but don't care to line RM's pockets. I got a season ticket again to get behind the boys in hope of turning our club around, several performances now make me feel like this is being thrown back in my face.

I’ll always be a shrimper but being honest I’ve slightly disengaged emotionally at the moment. I think it’s probably a self preservation thing! The last time I felt like this was the bad days under Anton Johnson. I’m sure my enthusiasm will be re-ignited when things finally turn for the better whatever league we’re in by then, but right now I’m resigned to our situation and cant let it get me down too much. There are more important things in life. More than anything I’m fascinated to see how bad it can get. NL South? Ryman Premier? Who knows. Life will go on.

I still care and I will continue to love my club Southend United, however I intensely detest our Chairman for what he has done to our club and I am afraid I am one of those that believe our demise is all about Ron's attempt to line his pockets........
I am also unhappy when I do not see the players, well at least some of them not playing for the "badge" and giving their all.
I personally dont know how this is all going to end but we have fantastic supporters who deserve better i.e 450 + made the effort to travel to the West Country yesterday........amazing ! and my feeling is that we Shrimpers now need to start to have more of a say in what is going on. I know all the reasons why Ron will not listen etc but it's about time our real voice was heard and our Chairman was made to really LISTEN if we are really to get out of this downward spiral........

Never! My love for the club will always be there.

It’s like a puppy you don’t stop loving it because it ****s on the floor. You get angry at it and then love it again. Unfortunately this puppy just seems to be ****ting everywhere at the moment and isn’t learning.

Very fair summary and totally understandable. As I’ve said before, under the entirely toxic Martin, it’s like watching your loved one being slowly put to death by Dr Harold Shipman…… and nothing can be done to stop it ?

I’ll never forgive that horrible bast@rd. ! …….. ( as if he gives a flying fugg !! )

There is a numbness to losing after all this time. An expectation...

I still love the club. But when i think about it, i love it for the past a lot more then the present thats for sure.

We've always been a bit two bit, but just seems lately everything is cursed.

I wouldn’t say my “love for the club” has gone but I can say how disappointed and despondent I am with the club.

I didn’t expect us to bounce straight back but, I did expect us to be up there holding our own and if we are not careful we will fall behind the leaders and then we will have no chance of catching up.

I honestly don’t know where we go from here

Yes completely . Normally watching a 89th minute winner go in against you I would of had the hump for hours, if not the whole weekend.

I didn’t even care by the time I got back to the car before 5pm.

I have simply become numb to it, and unless things pick up, I am not sure other than Weymouth as it’s a lovely day out and only 35 mins away I will be going to any other games this season, and without any streaming, it may well be a long time before football is a huge part of my life again. This is actually very sad.

Last edited:
We the fans are the club. It's up to us to dig deep and try and drag us away from troubles.

We must do what we can to right the ship. We should never accept there is nothing that can be done. I will never accept that there is nothing that can be done.

It's happened at other clubs. Fan power reigns supreme. We must try our hardest to push our narrative in any means possible.

Yes completely . Normally watching a 89th minute winner go in against you I would of had the hump for hours, if not the whole weekend.

I didn’t even care by the time I got back to the car before 5pm.

I have simple become numb to it, and unless things pick up, I am not sure other than Weymouth as it’s a lovely day out and only 35 mins away I will be going to any other games this season, and without any streaming, it may well be a long time before football is a huge part of my life again. This is actually very sad.
It is so sad and as I said in my previous post, the shameful display at Col Ewe did that to me. I paid £10 to watch that embarrassment, anyone tuning in would have thought we were playing a local friendly not arguably the most important game in SUFC's history.

Sadly I share your feelings and I come on here hoping there is a glimmer of light that would entice me back to watching my beloved club but I strongly doubt that will happen while RM continues his fantasy of FF and let's our wonderful football club sink further and nearer to oblivion.

Been a fan since the late 60,s and brought my two sons up as Shrimpers. Tuesday night was my first game since covid and can honestly say most of the evening I felt numb. The whole club feels toxic and I can't see an end to it. Never thought I would say this but not sure I will go again anytime soon. We are currently made up of everybody else's crap cast off, a dinosaur manager and don't even get me started on the chairman. Sad days

Back