• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Has the love of your club gone?

Very sad days.Now i get people telling me surly not a Southend surrporter ha ha ha ha.Ashamed.

Its my club, has been for 50 years. I support through thick and thin. I'm not one of those kids at school who, despite never having been north of Watford, decided they were a Man U supporter because they were winning things.

Personally its times like this that the players and club needs true supporters more than ever. Never understood supporters who react to bad performances by getting on the players backs (on one hand they claim when the manager does it it's bad, then on the other want to boo, identify players to hate/blame, protest as if that will somehow make them perform better).

Staying away is a better option if you can't support. Hits Ron in the pocket without having a negative affect on players whose confidence is probably not great. Those left behind and feel able then can continue to get behind them and lift the team. Or it can go the other way, players under pressure, toxic atmosphere, players hiding in games, not wanting to get on the ball, take risks etc.

Probably two weeks to regroup and get a couple of new faces in is very well timed in this instance.

I just feel sad. Almost akin to a relative with very chance of making recovery.

I hope for good news but deep down I fear the worst.

Miracles can happen and hope to be another luton or Doncaster rovers. Who came back much stronger having been in this league.

My love for the club is still there. However the excitement of a match day is now so much less than in previous years. That, at least for me, is such an important part of supporting the club. In fact I feel like I did back in the final few months of PB's previous reign. Everything is so mundane and predictable.....from the type of performances we are being served up to the post match circus surrounding PB's interviews.
I'm so fed up with PB's overused and tedious one liners and his constant slating of players.
Then there is that horrible inevitability that Ron will carry on getting key decisions, including managerial appointments, wrong.

If there's an ounce of criticism aimed at the trust why does Old Blue Lady get all upset? Surely she can take any fans feedback away to the clique, sorry I mean The Trust, and they can all ignore together? Surely that makes more sense?

As someone once said if you're in an unhappy marriage you can get a divorce, but you're stuck with your football club, which I think is true. I'll never stop being a Shrimper first and foremost but I've taken a step back lately. when I was a kid I considered myself a Spurs fan. Without having any parental guidance when it came to football I never even knew there was a Southend United until I was about 10. Then I started going to games in my early teens with some mates and it stuck. Lately I've allowed my attentions to turn more to Spurs again not because I support them over us, but because quite honestly it gives me some positivity (well sometimes anyway) where football is concerned. There's only so much misery I can take from something that is supposed to give us joy at least occasionaly!

As someone once said if you're in an unhappy marriage you can get a divorce, but you're stuck with your football club, which I think is true. I'll never stop being a Shrimper first and foremost but I've taken a step back lately. when I was a kid I considered myself a Spurs fan. Without having any parental guidance when it came to football I never even knew there was a Southend United until I was about 10. Then I started going to games in my early teens with some mates and it stuck. Lately I've allowed my attentions to turn more to Spurs again not because I support them over us, but because quite honestly it gives me some positivity (well sometimes anyway) where football is concerned. There's only so much misery I can take from something that is supposed to give us joy at least occasionaly!
When the going gets tough, the tough go Spuds!
A new one on me, lol!

Back