• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
... where the squad and performances have changed so dramatically?

Early doors - we have a team rather than a squad and are relying on the youngsters coming through like Jack Bridge and Harry Kyprianou to make up the numbers. Nothing on the bench to improve the side. An ageing gladiator like Adam Barrett now looking his age and struggling. The team conceding goals for fun with a goal difference in the minus and one of the highest in the division.

Enter Anton Ferdinand and (a fit-ish) Nile Ranger.

All of a sudden the team stops conceding so many and starts playing well, turning away defeats into draws and Roots Hall becomes a fortress again.

Then some injuries, suspensions and whilst the team is good on the pitch, we go through a "We've got nothing on the bench" period again.

Enter the transfer window and all of a sudden we not only have a great team but a great squad, with new players who would have been shoe-ins in September (had we had them) not even near the match day squad!

This has a great feeling as we enter the final third... even with some bad luck we still have a decent side and am confident we can stay around the play offs and even push for second place.

COYB!

I feel like the last few performances have shown our current side to be the strongest I can remember since the side that lost to Doncaster in the playoffs way back when.

That team had Simon Francis and Charlie Mulgrew as attacking fullbacks who liked to get forward and put great deliveries into the box and I feel we have that again now.

That side had Adam Barrett in his prime and we've got an upgrade on that in Anton Ferdinand who isn't past it yet and has played at the highest level.

That side had James Walker, this side has...

When tilly took over springs to mind, steve thompsons short reign was quite the turn around and dare i mention fat judas fry taking over.

Well, I thought of those too but they are the more usual form changes when a new manager comes in.

This is up and down twice in the same season with the same manager and it's the players that have changed.

Well, I thought of those too but they are the more usual form changes when a new manager comes in.

This is up and down twice in the same season with the same manager and it's the players that have changed.

True, although given the opposite happening last season maybe peaks and troughs to be expected from Mr Brown.

Difference for the 2 other periods mentioned , was that new managers came in, whereas PB turned it around this season, from the slow/poor start. The other differences are, we needed those aforementioned changes, both Murphy and Wignall prior to Fry and Tilly were awful managers, but for me, as my threads have constantly said, I never felt that we needed a change from PB, regardless of what "facts" where being thrown around about his losing of the changing room etc. He had always said, judge once all are fit and the players are want are in and you know what, he was bang on the money wasn't he.

From the others, Tilly had good players already here, like Gower and Maher etc and Fry of course had Collymore, just proves just how poor Murphy and Wignall were for me

Difference for the 2 other periods mentioned , was that new managers came in, whereas PB turned it around this season, from the slow/poor start. The other differences are, we needed those aforementioned changes, both Murphy and Wignall prior to Fry and Tilly were awful managers, but for me, as my threads have constantly said, I never felt that we needed a change from PB, regardless of what "facts" where being thrown around about his losing of the changing room etc. He had always said, judge once all are fit and the players are want are in and you know what, he was bang on the money wasn't he.

From the others, Tilly had good players already here, like Gower and Maher etc and Fry of course had Collymore, just proves just how poor Murphy and Wignall were for me

How can murphy be responsible for bringing in the 2nd greatest shrimper ever, horrendous manager. Wignall.....painful

Back