• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Has your employer even been late paying your wages/expenses/bonus?

Has your employer even been late paying wages/expenses/bonus?

• Yes, they have been late

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No, everything has always been paid on time

Votes: 28 45.9%
  • I've never had a job

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Should it not be, has your employer had to get your wages paid by someone else?

I was paid late once by the high street supermarket where I used to work (albeit likely not their fault but a banking issue). What was their fault however were the numerous letters that I later received while I was away in India for a month having left the company telling me that I had been overpaid and that they were launching legal proceedings to recover the money that I "owed" them.

Fortunately my Dad had inadvertently opened one of the letters thinking that it was for him and had given them a piece of his mind before I got back! :punch:

More than once at my former place of work AND because there wasn't enough money, we were paid by cheque at the time and asked not to bank our wages until after the 1st of the next month (which was a couple of days later). Also happened when they went on to automated salaries.

Had an issue of bonuses not being paid on time at a company I used to work for.

At the time my wife was expecting our first child and I got nervy about my future prospects if the company was having trouble meeting his financial commitments. As a result I looked for and got another job which offered more security. I'm sure the same thoughts would occur to a young footballer too......

I worked Christmas day but only got paid the bonus money in March after I created a fuss to HR. Second year in a row.

Occasionally have been paid a few days late but only due to the BACS system going down.

Had an issue of bonuses not being paid on time at a company I used to work for.

At the time my wife was expecting our first child and I got nervy about my future prospects if the company was having trouble meeting his financial commitments. As a result I looked for and got another job which offered more security. I'm sure the same thoughts would occur to a young footballer too......

I have had the occasional late salary payment in every job I've ever had, from small local businesses to large multinationals. The last couple of years my annual bonus has been paid gradually later and later. This year the bonus was paid early, but then a few months later I was made 'at risk' of redundancy... Not sure about everyone else, but I'd rather be paid a bit late than lose my job...

yes at my old employer. at my current employer they are sometimes slow paying expenses and bonus payments for extra tutoring, but they've been fine paying my salary

I've had many instances where my invoices (I work as a contractor) have either been paid late, or had some spurious query raised that I suspected was a delaying tactic.

When I worked as a permanent employee I was once paid in cash in a pub car park. That company went bust shortly afterwards.

I've had many instances where my invoices (I work as a contractor) have either been paid late, or had some spurious query raised that I suspected was a delaying tactic.

When I worked as a permanent employee I was once paid in cash in a pub car park. That company went bust shortly afterwards.

you worked in a Kebab Van?

The only time we didn't get paid on time here at Ladbrokes was when TonyTheKray gave up betting for a week.

The only time we didn't get paid on time here at Ladbrokes was when TonyTheKray gave up betting for a week.

Was that the week that Hill's declared record profits?

I have had problems in the past with BACS transfers, and trying to get expenses out our company accountant is like trying to get s*** out of a rocking horse.

Back