• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hatred of Birmingham City Football Club

Thankyou for that, i remember readin a little about that in the papers here in Melbourne ,but never knew the ins and outs,my best mate here was a brummie supporter ,hes still my best mate,now i understand the supporters there HATE for that club ,All i can say is i hope they end up doing a LUTON, In fact i hope they do better and go out of EXISTANCE as thats what they virtually did to my club,F---ING A- HOLES

Excellent write up Yorkie (I owe you green), even if it did bring back repressed memories.

I will always hate Birmingham City, Judas Fry, that Whore Brady, Sullivan and Gold. Same as YB I was just a young teen at the time, and genuinely believed that Otto & co were destined to fire us into the Premiership. To have that dream torn away from me for nothing more than greed was heartbreaking.

I remember the next home game, WBA I think, we replaced Barry Fry with Mr Blobby in the dugout, although that kinda lost its humour when we lost 3-0.

One of my top ten, maybe five games, was shortly after Fry had left us, he returned with new club Birmingham. It was still pay on the gate back then, and the queue's to get in went round and round the car park, every Southend fan wanted the opportunity to see the team get revenge on the pitch against that tubby little Judas prick. It was one of the best displays from a Southend side I've seen, so intent were the team on victory, nothing was gonna stop us winning that game - today's team could take note. Jonathan Hunt was sublime in midfield a capped his display with a goal, Jason 'Pineapple head' Lee got the third and Keith Jones the first as we beat them 3-1, got ourselves back into the play offs and reignited the belief that we could still make the promised land. Saldly, it was after this game that the dream started to unravel.

There's a circus in the town......

If memory serves me, our next home game was West Brom and we were all over the place and lost 3-0 (?)

And BrumScum got relegated and West Brom just escaped!!

Back