• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
My sources in the boxing world tell me The Hitman IS set to make a comeback. The rumours have been flying bout for roughly 2 months, but it's now looking closer than ever.

Since he's been promoting, he's rediscovered the hunger and desire to step back in the ring. He's lost a lot of weight and is continuously working towards getting back into fighting condition.

It's all to do with Hatton's promotion company. Up until now an "anonymous" company have tried signing Hatton's stable o their channel. Rumours are, it's actually ITV, who have seen the success of channel 5's coverage & want a piece of the action. They (allegedly) want Hatton to fight On the opening production & to add even more fuel to the fire, Hatton promotions have booked the MEN arena for dates in November & January

Not sure if it's a good or bad idea Hatton coming out of retirment, but I'm definitely excited by it. Enough to buy tickets anyway. He's announcing his opponent on Friday, not expecting anyone big for the first 2/3 fights, definitely not any of the names being bandied around (Brook, Khan, Maglignaggi)...although if he does well, the Hatton express will definitely build up a head of steam and those boys will be looking over their shoulders.

Not sure if it's a good or bad idea Hatton coming out of retirment, but I'm definitely excited by it. Enough to buy tickets anyway. He's announcing his opponent on Friday, not expecting anyone big for the first 2/3 fights, definitely not any of the names being bandied around (Brook, Khan, Maglignaggi)...although if he does well, the Hatton express will definitely build up a head of steam and those boys will be looking over their shoulders.

I've seen Senchenko's name banded around. He'd be quite a smart opponent for Hatton to take on as it goes - an experienced boxer who'd be wily enough to shake off some of the cobwebs without there being too much danger of putting Hatton on his arse as his power's dissipated with age. Whilst I'm excited by the prospect, I just hope Hatton's taking this truly seriously. I'll give him his due, he looked in decent enough shape at the conference, but anybody who was on Hatton's previous diet of fry-ups, takeaways and Guinness will find it easy to cut weight.

I'd love to see him end Khan's career though. I've had just about enough of him lauding himself as some kind of people's champion, whilst at the same time suffering from some truly extraordinary delusions of grandeur. The only thing better than seeing Hatton put Khan on the canvas would be seeing Kell Brook do it, as Khan's been ducking Brook for the past 18 months.

I've seen Senchenko's name banded around. He'd be quite a smart opponent for Hatton to take on as it goes - an experienced boxer who'd be wily enough to shake off some of the cobwebs without there being too much danger of putting Hatton on his arse as his power's dissipated with age. Whilst I'm excited by the prospect, I just hope Hatton's taking this truly seriously. I'll give him his due, he looked in decent enough shape at the conference, but anybody who was on Hatton's previous diet of fry-ups, takeaways and Guinness will find it easy to cut weight.

I'd love to see him end Khan's career though. I've had just about enough of him lauding himself as some kind of people's champion, whilst at the same time suffering from some truly extraordinary delusions of grandeur. The only thing better than seeing Hatton put Khan on the canvas would be seeing Kell Brook do it, as Khan's been ducking Brook for the past 18 months.

A thousand times this. For too long Khan has paraded himself as this great fighter, but too often found out against decent, not great, opposition, Maidana he was very lucky to even finish the fight let alone win, Peterson caused him all sorts of trouble and we all saw what happened against Garcia & Prescott. I'd happily see Brook or Hatton send him into early retirement. The fact he had the arrogance to part company with Roach after ignoring his instructions to his own detriment against Garcia pretty much sums Khan up for me.

Back to Hatton's opponent though, I've heard strong rumours it'll be Katsidis. If so it's a brave move for both, as Mitchell found out, Katsidis is a banger. His recent record is poor but don't let that fool you, his losses have for the most part been against very good fighters, Guerrerro, Burns & Margerito. The big thing in Hatton's favour is it's likely to be at Hatton's favourite light welterweight, Katsidis's last fight was at this weight, the first time he hasn't fought at Lightweight, and he lost to a Ghanian, Mensah - I don't really know anything about Mensah to know if that's a poor loss or not. I'd be happy with either Katsidis or Senchenko, I don't really know much on Senchenko other than being outclassed and losing his title to Malignaggi, who of course Hatton beat. Both seem like sensible starting points for Ricky's comeback. Here's hoping anyway.

Edit: A quick look on boxrec suggests Senchenko rarely fights outside of the Ukraine and Malignaggi aside hasn't really fought anyone of note, that said 32 from 33 isn't a bad record.

Welcome Back Ricky Hatton!

News to my ears. I worry for him but I think he will be back for 2/3 years and get a big fight in that time. He will try to win the belt and bow out on top I think.

I'd like to see him fight Katsidis because I love anyone who knocks the bloke with a mask out!

A Ricky Hatton fight is unrivalled for me in terms of support.

Good luck The Hitman!

Heard Katsidis is 99% certain but thats not from my usual sources so who knows.

All I know is, I got my tickets 23 minutes after they came on sale & I'll be at the MEN come fight night. I've been lucky enough to see Hatton fight live twice before. I honestly ne'er thought I'd get the opportunity again. Air to say I'm like a kid waiting for Xmas now. Anyone who's ever seen him live will tell you, there's no atmosphere on this planet like a Hatton atmosphere.

There's only ooooooooooooooone.......

Would love to see Brook destroy Khan. War of the roses.

Hatton IMO is lucky to have another shot, I can't see him regaining the fitness he'd need to be competitive, and it might repair his reputation a little bit but I worry for his frame of mind and mental strength.

Would love to see Brook destroy Khan. War of the roses.

Aye, I reckon it'd be a far bigger spectacle than Haye/Harrison.

Anyway, Senchenko it is for Hatton. Really smart move from his camp IMO. Katsidis can still bang, which would pose quite a threat to Hatton on his first fight back. Senchenko on the other hand doesn't pack the power he once did, but is still experienced and wily enough to give Hatton a true work out.

Not bad. A winnable (whilst looking good) fight for Hatton that should propel him into the top 5 ranking of the WBA.

Be interesting to see what Hatton will show up. He's talked about a new style he's going to implement, which would suggest a more technical approach. Something rarely seen in Hattons past. Does he fancy Going the distance and regain some confidence? Or will we see the old Hatton, the Warrior who wants to run through opponents with devastating force? The Hitman isn't one for sticking to game plans. If senchenko rocks/worries Hatton early doors (let's hope his punch resistance isn't gone!) then you can well see Hatton exploding and going for the early finish

Prime Hatton rips through Senchenko in 3. Returning Hatton still wins in 7 IMO.

A little more would hardly make a difference! I hope Hatton wins though.

Hatton can hold his head high as one of the proudest British boxers of modern times, if not all time. His life out of the ring will never tarnish his achievements in the ring in the majority of true boxing fan's eyes. Long live the People's champion

Hatton can hold his head high as one of the proudest British boxers of modern times, if not all time. His life out of the ring will never tarnish his achievements in the ring in the majority of true boxing fan's eyes. Long live the People's champion

All the more reason for him to leave it.

All the more reason for him to leave it.

I see both sides of it. On one hand I'd be inclined to agree with you, but I'll get to that point in a sec. On the other hand who are we to tell one of Britains all time greats, he's not capable anymore? Not even the man himself knows that, but if he feels like he can still do it, and he's healthy, then why not? Whether it be one last hurrah or a genuine attempt at reclaiming past glory, the man deserves his chance to finally exorcise the demons.

Back to the original point though, after seeing the interviews from the pressers the other day, I'm genuinely concerned for him. He looks a shadow of his former self. He's never been an oil painting, but he looks really weathered ATM. There's also a vacant look in his eye. He obviously must be healthy enough otherwise the board wouldn't have granted him a license, but he certainly doesn't look right. Maybe it's nerves?

Either way I'll be in the MEN arena next Saturday, and he'll get my full support, whatever happens.

WAR Hatton!!!!

Back