• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hatton Vs Malignaggi

EastStandBlue

Life President
Hatton's first fight under Mayweather Snr and a return to his natural weight. He's looked sluggish and nowhere near as sharp as he can be lately, but hopefully a return to this weight should see him put in a good performance.

Malignaggi is quick and talks a good a game, but I just can't see him hurting Hatton, with his strong body and iron chin. Malignaggi will look to win this on points, landing more punches than Hatton, but I think Hatton should be able to take this in the 7th round.

Heres to the Hitman making it a British Triple after Calzaghe and Haye victories earlier this month.

Also, if you're not keen on shelling out the £15 Box Office fee. I may have links to the live feed, which you may choose to PM me for ;)

Hatton's first fight under Mayweather Snr and a return to his natural weight. He's looked sluggish and nowhere near as sharp as he can be lately, but hopefully a return to this weight should see him put in a good performance.

Malignaggi is quick and talks a good a game, but I just can't see him hurting Hatton, with his strong body and iron chin. Malignaggi will look to win this on points, landing more punches than Hatton, but I think Hatton should be able to take this in the 7th round.

Heres to the Hitman making it a British Triple after Calzaghe and Haye victories earlier this month.

Also, if you're not keen on shelling out the £15 Box Office fee. I may have links to the live feed, which you may choose to PM me for ;)

Bugger...........take it i am to late for the links?

Hatton's completely bossed this fight and made Malignaggi look distinctly average. Aside from the first round, Hatton has won every round with ease and he just isn't being hurt at all.

So much so, that after Malignaggi grabbed Hatton's legs after being hit by 2 big body shots in the 11th his trainer throws in the towel. Complete embarassment.

Couldn't be bothered to stay up and watch it last night so watched it this morning. Hatton was pretty good and never looked at all troubled. He was way to strong for Malignaggi and was his best fight for quite a long time. However, against a stronger opponent, he could have been troubled. I think he should try and get one more "easier" fight in before stepping in the ring with De la Hoya just to work on a few more things with Mayweather snr

Very impressive display from the Hitman. Not sure how he would fare against De La Hoya or Pacquiao but he's earned the right to another mega-fight with that performance.

Interesting post-fight comments though. Mayweather Snr has said Ricky has to give up the drink full stop to extend his career. Ricky's said he's a Jack-the-lad and will carry on drinking between fights. To which Floyd has said he'll train De la Hoya if he makes him a better offer.

Have to agree with Mayweather on this one. All this overblowing the weight then intense training just to get it down again takes it out of you. If Ricky doesn't follow his advice, in the middle of a fight his body will suddenly say "that's enough", give out on him, and he could get seriously hurt. Surely he could take a leaf out of Joe Calzaghe's book for just a few more years and stay in trim all the time?

Back