• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hattrick advice please!

GNH

Fish House Ultras⭐
As mentioned earlier i'm in the process of re starting by selling everyone and having 2 teams of trainees, however the question is what to train?

I will have sold all players by the end of this week and have about £14m in the bank, so come on guys what do you think?

Still favour wing training, quick,tactically flexible for formations & everyone needs it.

Pick up a keeper, a defender, 2 IM's and 1 forward (all titanic or ET and English). Then get some wing trainees, three high PM, three high defending & two high scoring. These can then be trained using wing or wing attacks to create decent multi skillers.

I still can't bring myself to change from defence training so no point looking to me for advice. I did notice the team heading your league got promoted from mine last year. Alltid shows you in a compartively weak IV - I guess you've got a decent chance of staying up even if you change training now ?

Another option would be to go with defence training and add some high skilled young keepers to your roster. With the new match engine coming in, keepers with defending are going to be like gold dust and you can train up from disastrous pretty quickly now.

I thought G trained defence up to a few seasons back. i could be wrong.

I am not entirely clear how keepers get trained for defence. Are there 12 training berths now ? Is this defensive position rather than defence training ? Ta

No, you'd need to play a keeper in defence in your friendlies.

I have given up staying in this league and am resigned to going down albeit via a playoff as there are two teams who have given up altogether. Was thinking of buying loads of keepers at Formidable/Outstanding level and playing 1 in goal and 5 in defence to create quite a few for maximum profit

I could actually do this twice a week for 10 trainees!! Hmmmmmmmmmm..........................££££££££££££

Interesting idea. At first I thought it was stupid - I reckon you could train 3 or 4 keepers plus 6 or 7 defenders buying a mixture of skills/ages for defence trainees to give you a first team that could win a playoff if you bought the rest of the team just before it, saving on wages for now. your opps would probably understimate you and you'd have the benefit of a team in training plus Div 4 status next season.

i'm liking the idea for myself and might just try it if I sell a couple mid season.

Just to flit back to the winger training for a mo, it's always satisfying when you buy a player as a wing trainee and in his first two weeks of employment he pops thus:

Nicolay Rønning
TSI = 11 810 , 20 years and 16 days, weak form
Has wretched experience and disastrous leadership abilities
Stamina: solid Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: brilliant Passing: inadequate
Winger: solid Defending: wretched
Scoring: inadequate Set pieces: poor

Like it. Should hopefully mean at 24 I'll have a Magnificent/Brilliant with passable passing.

Selling complete and raised some £14.5m. picking up trainees at the moment and just concentrating on trying to increase my flag count which is getting bloddy hard now, however have just followed up last weeks visit to Uman with an away day next week in the Cape Verde Islands!

Back