• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hattrick - luddite alert

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
OK, forgive me for my impending attack of luddite-ness... but every time I try to look at hattrick, it loads, allows me on for a couple of minutes... and then keeps crashing. Why?

:(

Had the same problem with BT earlier, both seem to be working ok now.

The problem could be one of the servers they use is having an issue. When you log on to hattrick you will be taken to one server out of many, they also use a persistence trick that means you will usually head back to the same server, now depending on how long they set that for is, will be how long you keep going back to the same server.

So if the problem has only been less then 24 hours, the above is probably true otherwise it is your PC, so best clear you browser cache and cookies and try again.

The problem could be one of the servers they use is having an issue. When you log on to hattrick you will be taken to one server out of many, they also use a persistence trick that means you will usually head back to the same server, now depending on how long they set that for is, will be how long you keep going back to the same server.

So if the problem has only been less then 24 hours, the above is probably true otherwise it is your PC, so best clear you browser cache and cookies and try again.

Hi Andee,

I think it's been going on for more than 24 hours, and I've cleared my browser cache and cookies and it's still doing it. I'm guessing that it really doesn't like something that I've loaded onto my computer!

:(

In the last 24h, I've got updates of Flash (v.9), Acrobat (8.1.1) and Shockwave for my computer, but fairly sure I've not loaded anything else up.

Any other ideas what might be crashing it?

Matt

Back