• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hattrick New Season

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 28 2005,13:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Jan. 28 2005,12:24)]Turns out I started my stamina training a week before I should have.  Already done 3 weeks and my form is shot to pieces.  Not really worth training it anymore as I already have 13 on excellent. Suppose I could do some set piece training but I may have to resort to the dreaded 'General' training to sort out my form, I only have 3 first teamers on Passable or above!
wow.gif

Having said that, I'm almost certain to go back down anyway so I doubt form will make much difference.  Maybe I'll do some passing training and get some more secondaries going ready for my next assault on Level VI
biggrin.gif
So would you say after two weeks stamina training with 4 solids and 9 excellents I should revert to defence training immediately ?

Suffered heavily from form drops this week and I need to start the new season flying. Not expecting promotion in my first full season but I'm convinced my wheeler-dealing has got me a decent squad (together with a small debt !) so I am aiming for top 3.

what are your set pieces like orm ? it may be worth training them this week. Dont worry too much about debt unless its around the 280K mark and you dont make enough money over the fortnight to make a profit. This season is my first that I have started in profit and will end up in profit.

Hmmm - well I only had two weeks of defence training before switching to stamina. Are you suggesting a one of set-piece session or spread it over a few weeks ? I was under the impression that you needed 5-6 weeks of the same training for it to have any positive pop effect. I have numerous young defenders on my books all with good defensive skills and not unacceptable secondary skills. One is an 18 yo solid that looks very promising.

The other thing that has baffled me is how to work out how long it takes before each player that is being trained is likely to pop to the next level. I have HAM and there is a column for this (I think) that appears to have no data in it. Is this only for registered users. I'm registering tonight as my evaluation period expires on Monday.

After this weeks economy updates I'll be about 20K in debt - by the sounds of it this is not actually too shabby.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 28 2005,14:41)]Hmmm - well I only had two weeks of defence training before switching to stamina. Are you suggesting a one of set-piece session or spread it over a few weeks ? I was under the impression that you needed 5-6 weeks of the same training for it to have any positive pop effect. I have numerous young defenders on my books all with good defensive skills and not unacceptable secondary skills. One is an 18 yo solid that looks very promising.

The other thing that has baffled me is how to work out how long it takes before each player that is being trained is likely to pop to the next level. I have HAM and there is a column for this (I think) that appears to have no data in it. Is this only for registered users. I'm registering tonight as my evaluation period expires on Monday.

After this weeks economy updates I'll be about 20K in debt - by the sounds of it this is not actually too shabby.
Training takes time
the training time depends on trained skill, training intensity, coach plus assistant coaches.
for 17-19 year olds with 100% training intensity, a solid coach and 9 assistant coaches.
for each additional year of age or every step below solid coach you should roughly add one week to these values:
skill  weeks   trains whom / notes

Defending  8   trains wingbacks and central defs the same amount

If you have a passable coach then add 1 week inad 2 weeks weak 3 weeks so your looking roughtly at each player popping once per season unless you train all 16 weeks but the last two you will only get 5 trainees trained not 10

Training set pieces takes two weeks but you will find that some will pop in the first week.

HAM will track your training of you register, otherwise Hattrick Forever does it and it's free. Assume:

8 weeks defending
6 weeks playmaking
5/6 weeks scoring
4/5 weeks winger
4 weeks keeper

Or thereabouts anyway.

Any thoughts anyone about the intensity of training? I've always trained at 100% is this stupid?

Are we supposed be training Stamina in the close season then? First I've heard of it and I'm still training playmaking!

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Jan. 28 2005,16:32)]Training set pieces takes two weeks but you will find that some will pop in the first week.

HAM will track your training of you register, otherwise Hattrick Forever does it and it's free.  Assume:

8 weeks defending
6 weeks playmaking
5/6 weeks scoring
4/5 weeks winger
4 weeks keeper

Or thereabouts anyway.
Thanks to both you and Birri

I already have a couple of solid (and very cheap) playmakers. I think I'll concentrate on defensive training as thats where I've focussed recruitment.

Last question for today.

My coach is inadequate and I can't afford to recruit a passable one (forget solid !!!). Should I trawl the transfer list for an experienced player with minimum passable leadership and send him away to coaching school ?

I've now got my team pretty much set for the new-season with changing to a 3-5-2 formation. My IMs aren't very young but are all excellent and I have bagged a couple of good solid wingers that should see my through on wing-attacks.

Here's to scoring some more goals this year hopefully!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Jan. 28 2005,16:57)]I've now got my team pretty much set for the new-season with changing to a 3-5-2 formation.  My IMs aren't very young but are all excellent and I have bagged a couple of good solid wingers that should see my through on wing-attacks.

BA 3-5-2 PM or 3-4-3 SC seem to be the way to promotion out of VI as you get the goals with your new players I think you will win your div and get auto promotion

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 28 2005,16:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Jan. 28 2005,16:32)]Training set pieces takes two weeks but you will find that some will pop in the first week.

HAM will track your training of you register, otherwise Hattrick Forever does it and it's free.  Assume:

8 weeks defending
6 weeks playmaking
5/6 weeks scoring
4/5 weeks winger
4 weeks keeper

Or thereabouts anyway.
Thanks to both you and Birri

I already have a couple of solid (and very cheap) playmakers. I think I'll concentrate on defensive training as thats where I've focussed recruitment.

Last question for today.

My coach is inadequate and I can't afford to recruit a passable one (forget solid !!!). Should I trawl the transfer list for an experienced player with minimum passable leadership and send him away to coaching school ?
ORM, the best bet for a solid coach is buy a Solid/poor externaly as it only costs 170K I bought a 33 yr old two seasons ago now for about 5K and I am waiting for his exp to pop solid so I can up him to be my Solid coach but this will cost around 250K. Now I am in V I should get a full house nearly every week hopefully and make lots of lovely dosh.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ Jan. 28 2005,17:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Jan. 28 2005,16:57)]I've now got my team pretty much set for the new-season with changing to a 3-5-2 formation. My IMs aren't very young but are all excellent and I have bagged a couple of good solid wingers that should see my through on wing-attacks.

BA 3-5-2 PM or 3-4-3 SC seem to be the way to promotion out of VI as you get the goals with your new players I think you will win your div and get auto promotion
I hope so

I have a strong backbone of excellent defenders, excellent IMs, solid wingers and solid strikers, so I should be able to get out of this division.

I'm selling a 17yr old Excellent defender at the moment (due to finish on Sunday) and I expect him to fetch £200k+ so I may dip into the market for an excellent striker to get a lot of goals.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (A loyal supporter @ Jan. 28 2005,16:46)]Any thoughts anyone about the intensity of training? I've always trained at 100% is this stupid?

Are we supposed be training Stamina in the close season then? First I've heard of it and I'm still training playmaking!

wow.gif
I've been at 100% for 1.5 seasons now, don't get too many injuries so I'm happy with it.

Many people train stamina in the close season as you only have one game so can't train many people in specific positions whereas stamina affects all players whether they play or not.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Jan. 28 2005,17:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (A loyal supporter @ Jan. 28 2005,16:46)]Any thoughts anyone about the intensity of training? I've always trained at 100% is this stupid?

wow.gif
I've been at 100% for 1.5 seasons now, don't get too many injuries so I'm happy with it.

Many people train stamina in the close season as you only have one game so can't train many people in specific positions whereas stamina affects all players whether they play or not.
That all makes sense - cheers Mr B

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Jan. 28 2005,17:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ Jan. 28 2005,17:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Jan. 28 2005,16:57)]I've now got my team pretty much set for the new-season with changing to a 3-5-2 formation. My IMs aren't very young but are all excellent and I have bagged a couple of good solid wingers that should see my through on wing-attacks.

I hope so

I have a strong backbone of excellent defenders, excellent IMs, solid wingers and solid strikers, so I should be able to get out of this division.

I'm selling a 17yr old Excellent defender at the moment (due to finish on Sunday) and I expect him to fetch £200k+ so I may dip into the market for an excellent striker to get a lot of goals.
BA you have a better side than me mate
Keeper 1 Solid 1 Passable
Defs 5 Solid 1 Passable
PM 1 Excellent 3 Solid 2 passable 1 Inadequate
Wing 2 Solid 2 Passable
For 4 Solid
you will win your div and stay up in V I will be lucky to make

5th or 6th and get a playoff

Any of you newbies in Div VI want a decent striker I am selling my last original forward for 2K as he is now surplus to my team having just got a 4th Solid forward for my relegation fight to stay in div V

Irving Murray (28009637)
24 years, passable form, healthy

A pleasant guy who is tranquil and honest.
Has wretched experience and passable leadership abilities.

Nationality: England
Total Skill Index (TSI): 670
Wage: 373 £/week
Owner: Rochford FC
Warnings: 0

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: weak Passing: weak
Winger: poor Defending: weak
Scoring: passable Set Pieces: weak

Career Goals: 27
Career Hattricks: 0
League goals this season: 0
Cup goals this season: 0
Transfer list: Forward
Deadline: 02/02/2005 at 11.04
Asking price: 2 000 £

A cheap but reasonable midifield trainee...

Rodney Fisher (54263519)
19 years, passable form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is balanced and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Nationality: England
Total Skill Index (TSI): 820
Wage: 377 £/week
Owner: Southend United Football Club
Warnings: 0

Stamina: weak Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: passable Passing: inadequate
Winger: weak Defending: inadequate
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: inadequate

One of those all round good eggs who will turn into a decent player pretty quickly, I reckon. On sale for only £5,000.

The Cup

All leagues have a national Cup. A maximum of 32768 teams can participate in the Cup, depending on the size of your league:

* League size of 35496 and more: 32768 teams in the Cup
* League size 27304 teams: 16384 teams in the Cup
* League size 19112 teams: 16384 teams in the Cup
* League size 10920 teams: 8192 teams in the Cup
* League size 2728 teams: 2048 teams in the Cup
* League size 680 teams: 512 teams in the Cup
* League size 168 teams: 128 teams in Cup

Oh this explains it and England only has 10920 teams, So yes you both have crap teams
tounge.gif

I did not realise as ever since i have played Hattrick i have played in the Cup and yes i did start in level VI unlike MtS who got a V team - lucky git.
wink.gif

Back