• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hattrick New Season

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Jan. 31 2005,13:25)]I did not realise as ever since i have played Hattrick i have played in the Cup and yes i did start in level VI unlike MtS who got a V team - lucky git.
wink.gif
Smug git.

cool.gif

Still at least my team will get its chance in the Shrimperzone Cup. Clearly as it was not good enough for the Hattrick cup a 2-0 handicap to my opposition in each game must be on the cards.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Jan. 31 2005,13:25)]yes i did start in level VI unlike MtS who got a V team - lucky git.
wink.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

The downside is, of course, I've been stuck in the same division for bloomin' ages... and, rather than concentrating purely on improving my training, I have to keep improving my team so that I stay in the league...

suspect.gif

Matt, seen this guy at the BDF, not sure if you need any more scoring trainees but may interest you. He seems to be a YP and a quick jump to excellent could see him become an excellent trainee.

Samuel Newton (54260265)  
18 years, passable form, healthy  
A pleasant guy who is temperamental and honest.
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities.

Nationality:  Canada  
Total Skill Index (TSI):   1 750

Stamina:    inadequate   Goaltending:    disastrous  
Playmaking:    wretched   Passing:    solid  
Winger:    inadequate   Defending:    poor  
Scoring:    solid   Set Pieces:    poor  

Deadline: 04/02/2005 at 00.09
Asking price: 266 333 £

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Feb. 01 2005,08:48)]but a quick jump to excellent could see him become an excellent trainee.
One thing that does mystify me is the ability to tell when a player is on the verge of popping to the next level. Is this rocket science or am I missing something blindingly obvious ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Feb. 01 2005,08:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Feb. 01 2005,08:48)]but a quick jump to excellent could see him become an excellent trainee.
One thing that does mystify me is the ability to tell when a player is on the verge of popping to the next level. Is this rocket science or am I missing something blindingly obvious ?
If the player is a Youth Pull (ie he was pulled from a youth team that week) he could pop at any time (ie, he may be halfway or 80% towards popping in any particular stat).  

If they are not a youth pull from that week, the chances are they are being sold shortly after popping and therefore will require the full measure of training to pop again.

Therefore, Youth Pulls are more beneficial for your training regime as they have never received any training so you have a chance of them starting on a more advanced level. Of course they may end up needing the full amount but there is no way of actually telling.

Hope I've explained that well enough!

Yep, that'll do for me, ta.

And the fixtures are out for the new season
smile.gif
I have two newbies in my division and the team that got relegated doesn't look that strong to me. I'm aiming for top 3 in my first full season.

As Bob C says, I'm not good enough for the cup so a friendly it is tomorrow trying to rack up my fourth successive win.

As a newbie I must have inherited a half decent side as I am in the Cup. Is your participation in the cup based on past seasons or on current squad ability?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ Feb. 01 2005,11:48)]As a newbie I must have inherited a half decent side as I am in the Cup. Is your participation in the cup based on past seasons or on current squad ability?
its based on where your team finished last season top 5 in VI go into the cup

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Feb. 01 2005,08:48)]Matt, seen this guy at the BDF, not sure if you need any more scoring trainees but may interest you. He seems to be a YP and a quick jump to excellent could see him become an excellent trainee.

Samuel Newton (54260265)
Thanks Mr. B. How come players are advertised on the BDF?

As for my training roster... although the solid passing is sweet, he's overpriced - given that the last 18 year old solid/solid I picked up, I paid £68K for!

tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Besides, he probably wouldn't make the roster now...

==========================================
Age Scoring Passing Speciality YP or fee paid?
==========================================
22 outstanding solid unpredictable YP
19 formidable weak unpredictable £184,960
19 formidable inadeq. £259,080
19 excellent inadeq. technical YP
18 excellent weak quick £676,600
18 solid weak YP

I am training passing for this week - just to see if anyone pops - and then back to scoring next week.

The bloody expensive 18 year old is about a week or two away from popping to formidable. I definitely overpaid for him - got into a bidding war with the Malaysian Champions - but there is an outside chance that he might make the Malaysian U20s... there aren't too many top-drawer young Malaysian strikers out there, so far as I am aware.

The number 1 striker will be sold as soon as he hits brilliant. I should be able to make in the region of £1.3m for him - which I'll splash on a 5-6* midfielder (who are pretty cheap at the mo) and a 4* defender.

Other than that, it's fingers crossed for a top youth-pull...

oops.gif

Thanks for the heads-up, though!

smile.gif

Matt

They have a thread of its ownits been there for a good while now it' s broken up into GK,DEF,PM,WING,FOR and SP matt. There are 600+ people in the BDF now so thats a lot of teams to advertise your players!.

If you're new and need some cheap players, I've just listed a load for £0 or thereabouts.

Check my player list, the deadlines are throughout Friday. Team ShrimperZone FC, ID 58452. Amongst them are 5 x solid wingers, a solid PM and a solid scorer.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 01 2005,14:23)]18   excellent       weak     quick              £676,600

The bloody expensive 18 year old is about a week or two away from popping to formidable.  I definitely overpaid for him - got into a bidding war with the Malaysian Champions - but there is an outside chance that he might make the Malaysian U20s... there aren't too many top-drawer young Malaysian strikers out there, so far as I am aware.
There's no chance of him making the Malaysian U20 - they have a (controversial) policy of only picking players trained in Malaysia.

Not that my star Malayisan striker would be in with a chance of making the team, he's outstanding (nearly brilliant) but just turned 20
sad.gif

I'll probably sell him as soon as he reaches brilliant as I was lucky enough to pull two 18 year old solids towards the end of last season. Now aged 19, one has already raced to Formidable (with passable passing).

ps My 7 trainees cost me a grand total of £25,341!
(two were youth pulls, one I inherited although at 24 he's too old to be trained any longer).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ Feb. 01 2005,18:12)]rubbish !!
blues.gif
Yep, hence the reason they're all listed for nowt! I'd have bought them when I started though
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Feb. 01 2005,18:58)]There's no chance of him making the Malaysian U20 - they have a (controversial) policy of only picking players trained in Malaysia.
wow.gif

B'stards! I didn't realise that...

sad.gif

Still, the lad's had a hattrick tonight... they'd be cutting off their noses to spite their face...

oops.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Feb. 01 2005,21:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ Feb. 01 2005,18:12)]rubbish !!
blues.gif
Yep, hence the reason they're all listed for nowt! I'd have bought them when I started though
wink.gif
Sorry Mr B that was my mrs I am off work at the mo, was fushed to hospital monday with a suspected stomach ulser. The mrs was off yesterday looking after me and she thought that was funny! while she was looking at her hattrick she decides to come on here as I was on reading the posts.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ Feb. 02 2005,07:00)]Sorry Mr B that was my mrs I am off work at the mo, was fushed to hospital monday with a suspected stomach ulser .
Wow those painkillers must be strong !
biggrin.gif

Hope all's well Birri.

My Uncle used to suffer from these - a couple of operations later and a radical diet overhaul worked wonders for him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Feb. 02 2005,09:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ Feb. 02 2005,07:00)]Sorry Mr B that was my mrs I am off work at the mo, was fushed to hospital monday with a suspected stomach ulser .
Wow those painkillers must be strong !
biggrin.gif

Hope all's well Birri.

My Uncle used to suffer from these - a couple of operations later and a radical diet overhaul worked wonders for him.
laughing out loud cheers ORM am much better than I was monday, but I am feeling weak & tired a lot, I dont want to eat much and when I do I am eating like a sparrow and as the 4th man can testify I love my grub. I was hoping to go back to work tomorrow but not feeling too hot today so not looking likely.

Back