• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Birri

Manager
Rochford FC continue their march for glory. With back to back wins over City comets.
1-8 away with the first team and 4-0 @ Home
with a reserve side fielding top scorer  José Magallanes  and new signing Jorge Vincente Atienz.

City comets - Rochford FC  1 - 8

4113 spectators arrived at city comets Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. comets had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. They fielded: Campbell - Bathgate, Chiasson, Mahalingam, Hall - Orville, Munday, MacCabe, MacGrory - Stein, Slater.

Rochford had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Statton - Mavroidis, Hall, Hunter - Loftus, Olague, Allen, MacEachin, Bergmans - Allen, Magallanes.

It was an obvious ambition of Rochford to attack on the flanks. In the 6:th minute the home side were awarded a penalty. The visitors protested wildly but the referee was adamant. Jan Campbell easily put the 1 - 0 goal away for comets. One of many good passes from Koen Bergmans at the wing was recieved and skillfully taken care of by Robert Loftus, scoring for Rochford to 1 - 1. Rochford took the lead after 30 minutes with 1 - 2. Lawrence Hall placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. José Magallanes increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 1 - 3. After 33 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for José Magallanes who increased Rochford´s lead to 1 - 4. Robert Loftus hit the ball just perfect in the 35:th minute and could score for Rochford with a fab long shot to 1 - 5. In the games 36:th minute Craig Allen nearly put the visitors another one up as he broke through and fired from just outside the box, his shot passed just over the bar. The referee showed Rochfords Koen Bergmans the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 5. Rochford held the ball, with a clear 73 percent possession rate.

The game had been on for 52 minutes when José Magallanes broke through to the right, upping the score to the home crowd´s dismay. Rochford´s were up 1 - 6. By then José Magallanes was a three time scorer - a hat trick! In the 54:th minute the visitors put themselves ahead 1 - 7 as Koen Bergmans finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. By now Rochford were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. Craig Allen came close to extending the visitors lead as he, completely unmarked in front of the goal, lifted a ball over Jan Campbell, hitting the bar. In the 75:th minute the visitors put themselves ahead 1 - 8 as Gregory Hunter finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Rochford, with an impressive 84 percent possession of the ball.

Most important comets player was Brendan Chiasson. However, Durk Munday made a disastrous appearance. Rochford´s best player was Gregory Hunter. Koen Bergmans on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 1 - 8.

Rochford FC - city comets  4 - 0

8100 spectators arrived at Rochford FC Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Rochford had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Garbe - MacLugash, Bright-Thomas, Mavroidis - Loftus, Atienza, Gorman, Olague, Holmes - Murray, Magallanes.

comets had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. Lineup: Campbell - Bathgate, Chiasson, Mahalingam, Hall - Orville, Munday, MacCabe, MacGrory - Stein, Slater.

Rochford were mostly trying to use the flanks for their attacks. Robert Loftus was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Irving Murray managed to kick one of them into 1 - 0 in the 4:th minute. José Magallanes increased Rochfords lead to 2 - 0 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. After this Rochford lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 33 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Rochford. However, Jan Campbell made a spectacular save. Akis Mavroidis received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 33rd minute and almost caused an opponent to score. Jerome Orville of comets received a yellow card in the 40:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Halftime score was 2 - 0. Rochford held the ball, with a clear 66 percent possession rate.

A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Rochford lead up with 3 - 0. José Magallanes finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Rochford´s Tlatoani Olague putting the lead up to 4 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Rochford, with an impressive 62 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Rochford player was without a doubt José Magallanes. However, Paul Garbe made a disastrous appearance. comets´s best player was Brendan Chiasson. Durk Munday on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 0.

Date: 25/04/2004 at 18.00
MatchID: 16582953
Arena: Hockley Tigers F.C Arena
Crowd: 4493

Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Hockley Tigers F.C Arena saw a crowd turnout of 4493. Hockley started off with a 4-4-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Farrar - Bacon, Bradle, Spendlove, Kumar - Gilday, Stares, Ward, Wisco - Martin, Whitehand.

yourself started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Vegter - Madeira, Fahy, Yates - van Dijck, Bolger, Khreninger-Gugge, Matthews - Garins, Grönborg, Middleton.

After a fine move down the middle Nordin Stares nearly gave the home side one up in the 4:th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. As James Middleton had, completely unprovoked, swept the legs out from under an opponent in front of a linesman, the referee gave the yourself player a red card without batting an eye. Hockley's Maurice Gilday scored 1 - 0 by shooting accurately and hard from a long distance, leaving the opponent goalie no other option than to pick up the ball from the net. After 20 minutes John Matthews made a speedy advance and dropped the ball to Marcus Grönborg who shuffled the ball past the keeper. The score was now 1 - 1. Abel van Dijck had a good try in the 29:th minute, coming in on a fine move from the left, but the ball went wide. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 1. yourself, bringing the final ball possession rate to 61 percent, dominated the battle.

yourself took the lead in the games 50:th minute with 1 - 2 after some elegant plays down the middle. John Matthews was the scorer. yourself came close to extending their lead as Hugh Yates delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. In the games 76:th minute Hockley´s Maurice Gilday fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Maurice Gilday for taking a dive. yourself held the ball, with a clear 71 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Hockley player was without a doubt Scott Bradle. Nordin Stares was a disappointment, however. Most important yourself player was Ernie Fahy. John Matthews was a disappointment, however. The match ends 1 - 2.

I lost but thats my first game incharge
smile.gif

A great weekend for me. I was playing the divisional whipping boys, so that allowed me to try out a few new match-orders (to boost midfield and defensive ratings) in advance of playing away at the league-leaders on Sunday week.

So, I was able to "play it cool" whilst still picking up a passable for my midfield rating - very pleased with that. TS now up to "satisfied" as a result.

What else? Got my record gate - 27,415. Finances now in the black with almost £120K over the turnstiles on Saturday. Supporters club at 1,206 now, well chuffed with that.

Oh, and we won 7-1 at home, incidentally...!

tounge.gif

Now I'm just trying to save money like mad - because I need a new coach. My next coach will be one of my players who currently has passable experience and solid leadership. As soon as he "levels-up" in experience, I'll train him to be coach - i.e. solid coach with solid leadership and solid experience. They cost £1.7m to recruit externally, but it should only cost £500K to train my player to be coach. One big player-sale should cover most of the cost of that... let me know if anyone will be in the market for a £300K+ "excellent" goalie in the close season.

So, players becoming coach is the way to go. In that vein, I tried to look for a decent purchase with a view to making him coach in the future... and I found him:

Experience - weak
Leadership - passable

And the best bit?! He's only 23 yrs old, and already he has got "weak" experience. Get in! By the time I make him coach - in, perhaps, 6 or 7 seasons' time, he might be as high as "excellent" in the experience stakes, which would mean that (if I could afford it) I could make him an "excellent" coach.

He's also a decent-looking prospect playing-wise. He's a solid winger, with a value of £52,000 (on inadequate form)... for whom I paid £38,670.

biggrin.gif

The only downside was having to get up at 7.00 a.m. on Sunday to secure the purchase... but it was worth it; I went back to bed feeling very smug once the signing was confirmed!

tounge.gif

Got promoted AGAIN on Sunday League... finding it all a bit un-challenging. It's not nearly as tough, or rewarding, as Hattrick.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ April 26 2004,10:36)]Date:  25/04/2004 at 18.00
MatchID:  16582953
Arena:  Hockley Tigers F.C Arena
Crowd:  4493

Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Hockley Tigers F.C Arena saw a crowd turnout of 4493. Hockley started off with a 4-4-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Farrar - Bacon, Bradle, Spendlove, Kumar - Gilday, Stares, Ward, Wisco - Martin, Whitehand.

yourself started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Vegter - Madeira, Fahy, Yates - van Dijck, Bolger, Khreninger-Gugge, Matthews - Garins, Grönborg, Middleton.

After a fine move down the middle Nordin Stares nearly gave the home side one up in the 4:th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. As James Middleton had, completely unprovoked, swept the legs out from under an opponent in front of a linesman, the referee gave the yourself player a red card without batting an eye. Hockley's Maurice Gilday scored 1 - 0 by shooting accurately and hard from a long distance, leaving the opponent goalie no other option than to pick up the ball from the net. After 20 minutes John Matthews made a speedy advance and dropped the ball to Marcus Grönborg who shuffled the ball past the keeper. The score was now 1 - 1. Abel van Dijck had a good try in the 29:th minute, coming in on a fine move from the left, but the ball went wide. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 1. yourself, bringing the final ball possession rate to 61 percent, dominated the battle.

yourself took the lead in the games 50:th minute with 1 - 2 after some elegant plays down the middle. John Matthews was the scorer. yourself came close to extending their lead as Hugh Yates delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. In the games 76:th minute Hockley´s Maurice Gilday fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Maurice Gilday for taking a dive. yourself held the ball, with a clear 71 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Hockley player was without a doubt Scott Bradle. Nordin Stares was a disappointment, however. Most important yourself player was Ernie Fahy. John Matthews was a disappointment, however. The match ends 1 - 2.  

I lost but thats my first game incharge
smile.gif
Quality!
laugh.gif

Bradle
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

What you lot don't understand that it is Brad who makes us do bad things he is the real puppet master!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ April 26 2004,20:52)]Quality!
laugh.gif

Bradle
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

What you lot don't understand that it is Brad who makes us do bad things he is the real puppet master!
Forgotten to take the medication today, BP...?

ghostface.gif

I don't understand a word of what you've said there.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 26 2004,20:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ April 26 2004,20:52)]Quality!
laugh.gif

Bradle
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Forgotten to take the medication today, BP...?

ghostface.gif

I don't understand a word of what you've said there.

Matt
C'mon Matt my child of the damned when did I ever take my medication! Yes to contrary belief me and Matt know eachother and have in fact shared beds! I was disguised as a dog though (Look at Blackadder II the final episode for relevance).

P.S. I don't know what you lot are talking about.
rock.gif

Back