• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Birri

Manager
First defeat this season. At least I got a full house so my debt came down.

Rochford FC - Debden Rockets 2 - 4

19450 spectators arrived at The Golden Cross Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Fans from both teams had been eagerly awaiting this Essex derby and were doing their best to outshout their opponents. Rochford tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Statton - Hall, Hunter, Brons - Loftus, Gorman, Olague, MacEachin, Martin - Murray, Magallanes.

Rockets tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Vollan - Clancy, Adams, Wyss - Beneitez, Falconer, Murray, Suárez, Milheiro - Coleman, Wozniak.

Rochford were mostly trying to use the flanks for their attacks. Rockets seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. In the 3rd minute cheers broke out as José Magallanes found his way through the guests central defense line, clipping the 1 - 0 goal in for Rochford. José Magallanes of Rochford received a yellow card in the 17:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. The visitors didn´t give in and after 19 minutes Joe Falconer got through the home sides central line of defense, rolling in the levelling goal to make it 1 - 1. 29 minutes into the game Ross Clancy was a hair´s breadth away from giving Rockets the lead. A prompt block by Mitch Statton saved the home team that time. After 33 minutes Rochford´s Lawrence Hall contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. Wesley Coleman came close to putting the visiting team one up in the 36:th minute, following a solo raid down the middle, but Mitch Statton managed to tip the ball to a corner. Rockets had difficulty finding their positions and their organisation was down to poor. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 1. Rockets held the ball, with a clear 53 percent possession rate.

Rockets -coach had an extra briefing during the break, and after that his players had passable organisation. Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 48:th minute goal by Irving Murray for Rochford, putting them ahead 2 - 1. Gonzalo Beneitez was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Timo Wozniak managed to kick one of them into 2 - 2 in the 55:th minute. A mistake by the home sides central defence in the 71st minute allowed Gabriel Suárez to score 2 - 3 for Rockets. Rockets´s Joe Falconer made it through the home teams defence in the 71st minute, and had only to place the ball in an unguarded goal when the home side´s defender sprang up from the left, clearing the ball on the line. Rockets had difficulty finding their positions and their organisation was down to passable. After 76 minutes of game time Timo Wozniak received an excellent opportunity to add to the visitors lead, clipping a volley hooked in from the right, but Mitch Statton was in the right place, tipping the ball to a corner. Wesley Coleman increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 2 - 4. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Rockets´s Wesley Coleman got himself booked. Rockets held the ball, with a clear 58 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Rochford player was without a doubt Somerled MacEachin. However, Irving Murray made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Rockets player was without a doubt Ross Clancy. Tibúrcio Milheiro was a disappointment, however. The match ends 2 - 4.

Won 4-3 away at the team that won the league last year, having been 2-0, and 3-2 down.

biggrin.gif

Finally got my first win of the season, and looking at the Division its gonna be tight for the relegation places

A tough 2-1 away win, our best player was sent off after 50 minutes but we still managed 80%+ possession in both halfs. Having said that the team we played were pretty naff and this weeks sees the league leaders with 28 goals to their name travel to our place.

Playing it cool against the whipping team in the division, now up to 2nd

wolvesfc - The Shrimpers 0 - 6

View game: HT Live
Date: 18/07/2004 at 18.00
MatchID: 21841105
Arena: wolvesfc Arena
Crowd: 2407

2407 spectators had found their way to wolvesfc Arena, despite the heavy rain. wolvesfc had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. Lineup: Clarke - Blake, Thackwray, Blake, Adams - Gasiorek, Stepanenko, Macnamara, MacCartney - Smith, Batham.

Shrimpers had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Clune - Mason, Dunne, Judge - Deacon, Anthony, Ankcorn, Kerridge, Tidmarsh - Axford, Curtis.

Shrimpers seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. Shrimpers took the lead in the games 36:th minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Robert Mason was the scorer. In the 37:th minute Shrimpers put themselves up 0 - 2 after an attack from the right, caused by a defensive blunder. Scorer was Allan Judge. Shrimpers increased the lead to 0 - 3 as Alan Axford scored from the penalty spot, putting the ball in near the top left corner. In the 41st minute Barrett Ankcorn surprised the opponents with a 40 metre pass to Joseph Curtis who quite easily could settle the score to 0 - 4. The structure of the game started to change as Shrimpers decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Shrimpers increased the lead to 0 - 5 as Alan Axford scored from the penalty spot, putting the ball in near the top left corner. 0 - 5 was the half-time score. Shrimpers, bringing the final ball possession rate to 52 percent, dominated the battle.

Shrimpers´s Alan Axford received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 55:th minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 0 - 6. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. At that, Alan Axford was noted down for a hat trick. In the games 70:th minute Shrimpers´s Alan Axford fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Alan Axford for taking a dive. Ian Kerridge was, after 72 minutes, almost able to extend the visitors lead with a well placed diving header but home side keeper Michael Clarke saved. wolvesfc, bringing the final ball possession rate to 62 percent, dominated the battle.

wolvesfc´s best player was Andrew Blake. Gary Adams on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Shrimpers player was without a doubt Joseph Curtis. Ian Tidmarsh was a disappointment, however. The match ends 0 - 6.

First win of the season, 3-2 with a man sent off, but got 2 away games now, then 2 games in as many weeks against the bottom team and whipping boys so hopefully getting some points to try and avoid relegation.

Still, got a seventeen year old from the youth system with passable defending, inadequate stamina and inadequate shooting, who scored the winner yesterday and got 3 and a half stars on his debut! Get in!

Just returned from birthday hols to discover i'm through to the next round of the cup and returned to top of the table after another league win! The next round of the cup will be my last as i'm playing a decent side with most players of TSI 25000 and upwards
sad.gif
sad.gif

I'm up to third in the table now after a 5-2 home win (coming back from 2-0 down) whilst PIC, although my gates are still shocking... from 35,000 last season to 12,650 this... bloody fickle, my fans!

sad.gif

Hey ho. Time to stop training keepers for a while, and time to start training my kid strikers: I've got a 17 yo inadequate, an 18 yo passable, a 19 yo excellent, a 21 yr old solid and a 22 yr old passable - so playing 3-4-3 in friendlies and 3-5-2 in first team games to give them all training...

biggrin.gif

As for the keepers, they're looking pretty good... but they're also both looking a long way off levelling up... my number 1's TSI is 6,140 - but supposedly he won't level up to formidable until he gets to the 8,000 range...
sad.gif

Hey ho.

Matt

I got lucky, escaping with a 1-0 victory. My keeper was easily the star of the match, without him I likely would have lost by 2 or 3 goals, if not more.

Hockley Woods - Darlington FC 4 - 0

View game: HT Live
Date: 18/07/2004 at 18.00
MatchID: 21850963
Arena: Hockley Woods Arena
Crowd: 7000

Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 7000 to Hockley Woods Arena. Hockley started off with a 4-4-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Mellencamp - MacPhillip, Coward, Wilson, Russell - Madden, MacKaskill, Ward, Bull - Doyle, Zabre.

Darlington tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Milton - Berto Pimentel, Pamic, Fliquete Lliso - Okkenhaug , Palmer, Kyle, Everett, Strauch - Lipman, Jeffers.

Cameron MacKaskill behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 2nd minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal. Hockley broke through to the left in the 3rd minute, Alfred Zabre firing at an acute angle giving the home side a 1 - 0 lead. After 10 minutes Luke Doyle put Hockley ahead 2 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. Almost all the way down to the corner flag Peter Bull somehow managed to get a perfect pass into the middle, impossible to miss for Alfred Zabre who struck for 3 - 0. Paul Ward should probably have put his team up another goal in the 25:th minute, but some great goaltending by David Milton kept the visitors in the game. 3 - 0 was the half-time score. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Hockley, with an impressive 54 percent possession of the ball.

Luke Doyle struck a 30 metre free kick home in the 47:th minute. 4 - 0 for the home team. By now Hockley were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. Luke Doyle of Hockley received a yellow card in the 71st minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. A great save by goaltender David Milton in the 75:th minute kept the visitors in the game as Paul Ward struck from the left with a real cannonball. Gillis Wilson really should have scored when he was chosen by fate to confront a wide open goal after a corner, but he lost his nerve. Hockley held the ball, with a clear 53 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Hockley player was without a doubt Luke Doyle. Cameron MacKaskill on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Darlington player was without a doubt Antonio Fliquete Lliso. Jan Strauch on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 0.

Full Attendance before the upgrades take place. 9 days is much better than 2 years I have to admit.

Back