• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Birri

Manager
Rochford FC won 4-0 at home and stay top

16350 spectators had come to The Golden Cross Arena this cloudy day. Rochford tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Williams - Mavroidis, Hunter, Brons - Bergmans, Gorman, Olague, Golding, Loftus - Álvarez Cabanill, Magallanes.

little had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: van Westing - Roland-Lévy, Kulshreshta, Jackson, Pascal - Gray, Bouwmans, Huisman, Jaminon - Gate, Hextall.

Rochford saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. The 7:th minute saw the home team take a 1 - 0 lead after a leak in the visitors right side defense. Scorer for Rochford was José Magallanes. Tlatoani Olague of Rochford received a yellow card in the 10:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. The referee showed littles Glenn Jaminon the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Rudi Brons the unlucky victim, couldn´t continue the game, so Martin MacLugash had to come off the bench. Robert Loftus was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - José Magallanes managed to kick one of them into 2 - 0 in the 25:th minute. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Rochford´s Akis Mavroidis got himself booked. With 35 minutes played Tlatoani Olague could have brought this one home for Rochford, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high. In the games 39:th minute Rochford´s Martin MacLugash fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Martin MacLugash for taking a dive. little breathed new life into the game with an opportunity to reduce the score in the 40:th minute, but the home side´s defenders cleared the ball on the line, after a long shot coming in from the left, rebounding off the crossbar. 2 - 0 was the half-time score. Rochford held the ball, with a clear 63 percent possession rate.

A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 67 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Rochford. However, Dé van Westing made a spectacular save. Rochfords Robert Loftus got himself booked after a foul. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Rochford´s Koen Bergmans putting the lead up to 3 - 0. In the 78:th minute Rochford put themselves up 4 - 0. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Carlos Álvarez Cabanilla coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. Carlos Álvarez Cabanilla really should have scored when he was chosen by fate to confront a wide open goal after a corner, but he lost his nerve. In the games 79:th minute little´s Han Huisman fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Han Huisman for taking a dive. Rochford held the ball, with a clear 69 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Rochford player was without a doubt Gregory Hunter. However, Tlatoani Olague made a disastrous appearance. little´s best player was Ernest Roland-Lévy. However, David Hextall made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 4 - 0.

1. Rochford FC 10 55 - 12 27

2. Debden Rockets 10 58 - 15 24
3. Liddington's Lads 10 33 - 17 21
4. Rainworth Reds 10 33 - 20 21
5. Inter Bethnal Green 10 17 - 26 13
6. little nige 10 17 - 29 9
7. Grange Park 10 6 - 50 2
8. The Everywhens 10 4 - 54 1

Crashed to a 2-0 defeat away to the team 4th in the league, got my tactics all wrong, and played the wrong players. At least I bought Brad Lockheart for about £55,000 to strengthen the wing. Still 2nd 9 points away from the leaders.

Colorado Shrimpers won 5-0

Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 5248 at Colorado Shrimpers Arena today. Shrimpers had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. They fielded: Santana - Evans, Anaya, Potter, Vang - Otto, Ferreira, Melvin, Jung - Sanchez, Ortiz.

reynosa tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Pittman - Ballesteros, Oneil, Fajardo, Cassidy - Salas, Banzato, Avellaneda, Li - Drew, Webb.

Shrimpers saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. Shrimperss Lawrence Jung gave, after 4 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. In the 18:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Davis Ortiz dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for Shrimpers. After 23 minutes Reg Melvin put Shrimpers ahead 3 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. Scott Sanchez increased Shrimperss lead to 4 - 0 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. By now Shrimpers were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. The teams went for a half-time break at 4 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Shrimpers, with an impressive 65 percent possession of the ball.

Stevie Potter seemed to be floating in the air at will as he elegantly headed in 5-0. The previous Shrimpers corner kick was executed by Sean Evans. Shrimpers made a substitution in the 70:th minute. Stevie Potter limped off the field and was replaced by Joe Trent. With 71 minutes played Reg Melvin could have brought this one home for Shrimpers, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Shrimpers, with an impressive 63 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Shrimpers player was without a doubt Daniel Santana. Darwin Otto on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating reynosa player was without a doubt Darrick Li. Jim Webb on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 5 - 0.

Good work, Seth!

I don't mean the 5-0 win (although well done), but more for the Shrimpers having a winger called Otto!
I also notice that you have a fullback named Evans (Jimmy Evans top-scored from full-back in the 1920s), and your opponent had "the boy" Webb up front.

Anyone else have any ex (or even current) Southend players in their ranks?

As for me, a 7-1 win was disappointing as I failed to keep my 9th clean sheet out of 10 this season, but my big game against the second place team is next up and then away to the third place team.

In preparation I've strengthened my midfield by signing an excellent midfielder.
This means I'll probably sell one of my midfielders, Dhanda Dar, who is solid PM with passable stamina and passable scoring with inadequate experience. If anyone is interested in him, or a 17yo winger trainee (inadequate winger, passing, defending, scoring and PMing all poor) going for free give me a shout.

7-1 win away from home with my new striker grabbing 2.

Still 4th though
sad.gif

Lost 3-1 away at the top team, not too disappointing as we have no striker and they'd scored 56 in their previous 9 games. We stay 3rd but my passable defenders are starting to level to solid so I will be wheeling and dealing soon to get the money for a striker to actually score some goals next season (our current record of 15 goals in 10 games isn't impressive, though we've only conceded 13!).

Well, let it never be said that we don't provide entertainment at Roots Hall... 33,988 fans turned up to see the mighty SUFC run out 6-5 winners over kirik all-stars.

wow.gif

A bit of a close shave, but then I was PiC for the game, so TS now up to "content", despite the fact that I've sold quite a few players over the last week (good to see that so many have gone to other Shrimpers!).

I've now sold 11 players this season for a combined total (in terms of transfer fees received) of £472,536, and bought 3 players to replace them for a total cost of £77,000 of which £68,000 was spent on one player (an 18 yr old scoring trainee) - which gives me a transfer balance of £353,000 once agents fees etc. have been taken out of the equation.

So the squad is now down to 22 players (plus one crap trainee, whom I'll probably fire this week - do check him out if you want a free trainee this week - playerid=40000979) - and that includes my player-manager; so now I've got one team for friendlies and one team for league games, which is great.

In a fit of money-making ruthlessness, I'll probably sell my 23 year-old striker as soon as he "pops" to solid (in the scoring department; he's already got solid passing and excellent stamina). I should make c. £120K for him, I reckon; I can then spend at least that much on a solid trainee - preferably a 17 year old.

Bank balance now stands at £535K in the black for this season (helped by gate receipts of £148K at the weekend) - despite having brought in a solid coach during the close-season last season!

biggrin.gif

As for the league, I'm still 3rd, but now only on goal difference; I'm going to PiC it again this weekend away to the team who are bottom of the league, and then MotS at home to the team in 2nd - who, to be fair, are a far better side than me but whom (if I MotS) I might just squeak past at home.

All in all, pretty pleased with this season so far!

smile.gif

Matt

OK I've just stuck up my best winger onto the list

Ian Luchnick (27698749)
29 years, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is calm and upright.
Has weak experience and disastrous leadership abilities.

Speciality: Unpredictable

Nationality: England
Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 910
Wage: 508 £/week
Owner: Pearlstars
Warnings: 0

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: wretched
Playmaking: weak Passing: passable
Winger: solid Defending: weak
Scoring: passable Set Pieces: passable

Career Goals: 6
Career Hattricks: 1
League goals this season: 4
Cup goals this season: 0

He's a regular 3* guy, but with the way I'm heading for next season he won't be needed, and I need the cash. Up for £60k right now.

Won 5-0 at home, that means that I have still only let in 5 goals all season all being from 2 teams. Nothing else to report really.

Incidentally, I've decided to blow a bit of my new-found wealth on expanding Roots Hall... capacity will be up to 43,000 in time for the top-of-the-table crunch match with Ironopolis...

By the way, if you're thinking of expanding your stadium, do check out HT Arenasizer (put that into google) to help you decide what to expand... my percentages are:

Terraces: 62.8%
Basic seats: 25.6%
Covered seats: 9.3%
VIP boxes: 2.3%

Arenasizer does provide you with handy hints as to how you should be expanding your stadium; it has standard percentages, and also analyses attendances at your last 5 games.  You'll get given a stat like this:

<span style='color:navy'>Standard Percentages used by the Arenasizer
Terraces  62,40%
Basic Seating  25,30%
Seats under Roof  10,00%
Seats in VIP-Boxes  2,30%</span>

<span style='color:blue'>Average Percentages calculated from 5 competitive matches at your stadium (2004-06-15 > 2004-08-31)
Terraces  62,01%
Basic Seating  26,35%
Seats under Roof  9,47%
Seats in VIP-Boxes  2,17%</span>

As can be seen, my fans seem more inclined than average to head for the basic seats than other parts of the ground - weirdos!

I've tried to reflect this in my rebuilding, but I've also been a bit anal, in that I wanted round numbers for the different parts of my ground, so I've gone for:

Terraces: 27,000
Basic seats: 11,000
Covered seats: 4,000
VIP boxes: 1,000

How big are other Shrimper stadia in HT?

rock.gif

Matt

Just 12,000 for me. Sadly I increased Basic Seating before I knew about the correct split so I&#39;m stuck with 5,000 Terrace and 7,000 Basic Seating and consequent bad attendances. D&#39;oh&#33; A few formidable defenders sold should solve that problem next season.....

Rochford FC&#39;s
The Golden Cross Arena

Total capacity: 19450

Terraces: 12137
Basic seating: 4921
Seats under roof: 1945
Seats in VIP boxes: 447

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Aug. 31 2004,13:02)]OK I've just stuck up my best winger onto the list

Ian Luchnick (27698749)

Total Skill Index (TSI):   1 910

Stamina:   excellent   Goaltending:   wretched
Playmaking:   weak   Passing:   passable
Winger:   solid   Defending:   weak
Scoring:   passable   Set Pieces:   passable

Career Goals:   6
Career Hattricks:   1
League goals this season:   4
Cup goals this season:   0

He's a regular 3* guy, but with the way I'm heading for next season he won't be needed, and I need the cash.  Up for £60k  right now.
You have a Bid BA hope I can get him as a secret weapon against the team in 2nd in my league which isnt going as Id thought at all (except i'm top)

The 4th team ran me close for top spot last term 2nd & 3rd both started this season & have got off to a flyer. The only match I have lost all season was at home to the second place.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ Aug. 31 2004,18:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Aug. 31 2004,13:02)]OK I've just stuck up my best winger onto the list

Ian Luchnick (27698749)

Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 910

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: wretched
Playmaking: weak Passing: passable
Winger: solid Defending: weak
Scoring: passable Set Pieces: passable

Career Goals: 6
Career Hattricks: 1
League goals this season: 4
Cup goals this season: 0

He's a regular 3* guy, but with the way I'm heading for next season he won't be needed, and I need the cash. Up for £60k right now.
You have a Bid BA hope I can get him as a secret weapon against the team in 2nd in my league which isnt going as Id thought at all (except i'm top)

The 4th team ran me close for top spot last term 2nd & 3rd both started this season & have got off to a flyer. The only match I have lost all season was at home to the second place.
Believe me the guy is class, arguably the best player that I have. However, I'm now looking to play 5-3-2 next season as I have a number of solid defenders, and he won't play an integral part in my midfield.

Be a shame to see him go, but I need the money to buy more defenders!
smile.gif

Belongs to: Hockley Woods
Region : Essex
Last improvement: 25/07/2004
Total capacity: 17010

Terraces: 10614
Basic seating: 4304
Seats under roof: 1701
Seats in VIP boxes: 391

I also used Arenasizer which is why my seating is so well calculated.

P.S. Awww I would love a Winger like that. All I can afford is passable Winger NO secondaries.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ Aug. 31 2004,22:08)]Belongs to:  Hockley Woods  
Region :  Essex  
Last improvement:  25/07/2004  
Total capacity:  17010  

Terraces:  10614  
Basic seating:  4304  
Seats under roof:  1701  
Seats in VIP boxes:  391  

I also used Arenasizer which is why my seating is so well calculated.

P.S. Awww I would love a Winger like that. All I can afford is passable Winger NO secondaries.
sad.gif
BP if I get him I may be able to do you a deal on a young solid winger if the hattrick gm's allow it (if you have enough cash)

Southend United FC

Roots Hall

Total capacity: 23700

Terraces: 14000
Basic seating: 7000
Seats under roof: 2200
Seats in VIP boxes: 500

Back