• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Birri

Manager
How did we all do this week chaps ?

Rochford FC won 4-0 at home but stay second on goal diff.

10540 spectators had come to The Golden Cross Arena this cloudy day. Rochford tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. The following players had been chosen: Statton - Hall, Hunter, Brons - Archundia, Swinton, Brush, Luchnick - Álvarez Cabanill, Murray, Magallanes.

Grange had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Warner - Cartwright, Thapa, Clunie, Singh - Cariston, Langford, Saunders, Burbery - Pearman, Powell.

Rochford saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. In the 15:th minute the home side managed to get a 1 - 0 lead as Gregory Hunter flipped the ball after a cross pass from the right. Rochford seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion and were down to the passable level of organisation. Rudi Brons behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 40:th minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal. José Magallanes almost managed to score another goal for Rochford, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. Rochford seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion and were down to the weak level of organisation. One of many good passes from Ian Luchnick at the wing was recieved and skillfully taken care of by Irving Murray, scoring for Rochford to 2 - 0. After this Rochford lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 0. Rochford held the ball, with a clear 75 percent possession rate.

The Rochford players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization and regained a passable organisation. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 57 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Rochford. However, James Warner made a spectacular save. Rochford had difficulty finding their positions and their organisation was down to inadequate. The cannonball from 35 metres by Gregory Hunter of Rochford was an impressive sight, but didn´t make it into the net. Rochford put themselves up 3 - 0 when Carlos Álvarez Cabanilla broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. 77 minutes into the game Rochford were awarded a penalty that Mitch Swinton turned into 4 - 0 without a problem. Rochford held the ball, with a clear 88 percent possession rate.

Rochford´s best player was Lawrence Hall. However, Dean Brush made a disastrous appearance. Grange´s best player was James Warner. However, Michael Cartwright made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 4 - 0.

it was my first game ever since barmy army recommended it that i joined... and now i wish i hadn't! some may say that it was only your first game, but i can hardly excuse a 9-0 thrashing by none other than a wycombe wanderer fan.

i suppose my tactics and selection of players may have been down to such an embarassing defeat... particulary as i somehow played a 4-2-4 formation (something i have no idea how it happened... i could have swarn i put in 4-4-2).
by the end of the game i was just happy it atleast didn't go to double figures.

it seems i need to make some serious changes to my weak/poor team before my mid week friendly with some romanian team.
i would also assume that the some 6686 supporters who watched the match would also have felt somewhat bemused as to what they saw, rather much like i was... or what i read.

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (benfleet shrimper @ Sep. 12 2004,21:17)]it was my first game ever since barmy army recommended it that i joined... and now i wish i hadn't! some may say that it was only your first game, but i can hardly excuse a 9-0 thrashing by none other than a wycombe wanderer fan.

i suppose my tactics and selection of players may have been down to such an embarassing defeat... particulary as i somehow played a 4-2-4 formation (something i have no idea how it happened... i could have swarn i put in 4-4-2).
by the end of the game i was just happy it atleast didn't go to double figures.

it seems i need to make some serious changes to my weak/poor team before my mid week friendly with some romanian team.
i would also assume that the some 6686 supporters who watched the match would also have felt somewhat bemused as to what they saw, rather much like i was... or what i read.

sad.gif
B/F
has anyone told you the basics ?
have you read thru all the rules ?
what div did you start in ?

3-0 home win for Southend United FC, which should have cemented my relegation play off position.

So now there are only a few games left, what are we all fighting for Relegation, promotion or Mid table stability?

Lost 4-2 to the team in 4th and slip down to 3rd with 19 points, I should finish in the top 3 but have been dropping points the last couple of games and have the team in first away next week and the the team bottom at home the week after.

Big, big win for me! Feeling extremely chuffed...

smile.gif

Beat the team that was second 3-1 in front of 43,000 at Roots Hall. Have leap-frogged that team (Ironopolis) into 2nd place in the table.

Scored a 34* rating and got my first ever "inadequate" rating for midfield.

And the gate, in my newly extended stadium, brought me revenue of almost £190K. All in all, I'm very, very chuffed about this weekend's work!

Two player sales as well, if anyone is interested - one a 17 year-old defender (passable defending, inadequate passing), the other a 23 year-old striker (excellent stamina, solid scoring, solid passing):

= = = = = = = = = = = = =

Björn Askenbom (5051187)
23 years, passable form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is balanced and dishonest.
Has poor experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Nationality: Sverige
Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 950
Wage: 549 £/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: Southend United Football Club
Warnings: 0

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: wretched Passing: solid
Winger: weak Defending: poor
Scoring: solid Set Pieces: poor

Career Goals: 44
Career Hattricks: 5
League goals this season: 10
Cup goals this season: 1

On sale for £80,000

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Barker Davidson (40809846)
17 years, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is balanced and honest.
Has disastrous experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Nationality: England
Total Skill Index (TSI): 410
Wage: 375 £/week

Stamina: weak Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: wretched Passing: inadequate
Winger: wretched Defending: passable
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: weak

On sale for £15,000

smile.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Sep. 13 2004,15:34)]You have a bid on Björn Askenbom.
Nice one! He's a top player. I'm only selling because I've decided to instigate a pretty ruthless training policy. At 23, he is now too old to be a trainee - so he's got to be sold, and be replaced by a 17 or 18 year old player.

If truth be told, I'm hoping he'll go for a lot more than £80K (if you look at Transfer Compare, he should go for more like £200K) - but it's always good to get the ball rolling.

Matt

I would be surprised if I bought him and if I did sign him he would put my debt up to nearly £100,000, but I do need a new striker as well as midfilders

Up for 22K chaps
Chad Golding (34295624)
20 years, inadequate form, healthy
I speak English!

A controversial person who is calm and honest.
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Total Skill Index (TSI): 720
Wage: 367 £/week
Owner: Rochford FC

Stamina: solid Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: solid Passing: poor
Winger: poor Defending: wretched
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: poor

Career Goals: 2
Career Hattricks: 0
League goals this season: 2
Cup goals this season: 0

5-0 home win

Leaves me 2nd. Got 31* and a very good central defence with passable - very high, just a shame I got a wretched for my midfield!

Right... I've got another player for sale... this time, a young striker-trainee:

Chris Price [playerid=37848476]
19 years, excellent form, healthy

A pleasant guy who is temperamental and righteous.
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities.

Speciality: Quick

Total Skill Index (TSI): 830
Wage: 388 £/week

Stamina: weak Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: weak Passing: weak
Winger: weak Defending: poor
Scoring: solid Set Pieces: poor

On sale for a bargain-basement £35K

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 16 2004,18:20)]Right... I've got another player for sale... this time, a young striker-trainee:

Chris Price [playerid=37848476]
19 years, excellent form, healthy  

A pleasant guy who is temperamental and righteous.
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities.

Speciality: Quick

Nationality:  England  
Total Skill Index (TSI):   830
Wage:  388 £/week  
Owner:  Southend United Football Club  
Warnings:  0  

Stamina:    weak   Goaltending:    disastrous  
Playmaking:    weak   Passing:    weak  
Winger:    weak   Defending:    poor  
Scoring:    solid   Set Pieces:    poor  

On sale for a bargain-basement £35K

biggrin.gif
He is poo Carlos is much better
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ Sep. 16 2004,22:24)]He is poo Carlos is much better  
tounge.gif
Oh, for sure. But he is only 19, rather than 21 (Carlos's age); and, anyway, he won't go for as much money... £50-60K, I reckon.

Still, it's all good money for the SUFC cause - which is the SUFC Scoring Academy. The training roster now looks like this:

==================================
Age Scoring Passing Speciality
==================================

20 Formidable Passable Unpredictable
18 Solid Solid
18 Solid Weak Powerful
17 Excellent Weak
17 Solid Inadequate Technical
17 Solid Weak Unpredictable

All in all, that's not a bad training roster, I'm sure you'd agree...!!

Plan is probably to flog 4 of them in 3 seasons' time. If it's 2 pops a season for the youngsters, and 1.5 pops for Gray, we're looking at all of them being in the Brilliant / World-class range by the time I'm selling, and hopefully pulling 6* or more...

Meanwhile, I'll continue to flog any other youth pulls, and hopefully keep pulling in the crowds raising £150-180K every fortnight.

Watch out Div V.135...

tounge.gif

Matt

Well yesterday I managed to buy a new Midlielder only for £69,400

Ferdi Spits (39824292) 1
27 years, inadequate form, bruised, but training
A sympathetic guy who is balanced and upright.
Has weak experience and passable leadership abilities.

Speciality: Technical

Nationality: Nederland
Total Skill Index (TSI): 2 430
Wage: 823 £/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: The Shrimpers

Stamina: passable Goaltending: wretched
Winger: passable Defending: solid
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: disastrous

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Sep. 17 2004,15:31)]Well yesterday I managed to buy a new Midlielder only for £69,400

Ferdi Spits (39824292) 1
27 years, inadequate form, bruised, but training
A sympathetic guy who is balanced and upright.
Has weak experience and passable leadership abilities.

Speciality: Technical

Nationality: Nederland
Total Skill Index (TSI): 2 430
Wage: 823 £/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: The Shrimpers

Stamina: passable Goaltending: wretched
Winger: passable Defending: solid
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: disastrous
IMO he'd be a better centre back than inner midfielder

Back