• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hattrick

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Just wanted to brag that I'm currently top of my II and ranked 12th in England.

Thought I'd better get that in quick, because whilst I am top of my division, I'm also just a point off 6th place.

Ha ha that's still a great achievement and shows what can be done without Barrett in the team! I always have you and B on my match viewer. I am currently top of my division again but it I'd looking like a playoff for the third successive season. I am four points clear and playing the team in second this week. I've had one unbelievable defeat that has almost certainly cost me autopromotion. Once up I can trim my squad to consolidate my place in IV. At the moment my reserves are as strong as my first team whereas what I should probably do is have a stronger first team with above average reserves leaving a healthy cash float to cover long term injury.

Training defense/defensive training.

Brave choice. You must be in for the long haul.

Good boy ! - Buy trainees with passing secondaries and hit them with 5-4-1 CA.

Next season I am going 4-5-1 in league games once one of my current first team trainees pops. You obviously can't afford to sacrifice a trainee yet

I'd recommend training defence as a secondary on players ie buy players with playmaking or winger, but as a newbie you won't be able to afford many of them yet.

I'd try and get at least one defender with solid PM if you can afford it and I wouldn't worry too much about your full-backs defending at the moment, you'll need as much attack from your wings as possible - the defence will come in time with the training - so go with solid wing inadequate defence for your wbs.

I'd try and get at least one defender with solid PM if you can afford it and I wouldn't worry too much about your full-backs defending at the moment, you'll need as much attack from your wings as possible - the defence will come in time with the training - so go with solid wing inadequate defence for your wbs.

Just bought this player for 180k

Gaetano Altieri (246267988)
17 years and 81 days, Next birthday: 20-06-2009
In passable form, inadequate stamina.
A pleasant guy who is temperamental and honest.
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities.

Owner: Nappers XI (since 20-05-2009)
Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 300
Wage: 408 £/week including 20% bonus
Warnings: 0
Injuries: Healthy
Speciality: Technical

Current skills
Keeper: disastrous
Defending: inadequate
Playmaking: solid
Winger: passable
Passing: wretched
Scoring: poor
Set pieces: passable

Just bought this player for 180k

Gaetano Altieri (246267988)
17 years and 81 days, Next birthday: 20-06-2009
In passable form, inadequate stamina.
A pleasant guy who is temperamental and honest.
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities.

Owner: Nappers XI (since 20-05-2009)
Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 300
Wage: 408 £/week including 20% bonus
Warnings: 0
Injuries: Healthy
Speciality: Technical

Current skills
Keeper: disastrous
Defending: inadequate
Playmaking: solid
Winger: passable
Passing: wretched
Scoring: poor
Set pieces: passable

Have you a solid coach yet?

Not yet. Next on the list.

That should have been your first priority, not expensive 17yo trainees. You pay a premium because they are 17yo solids with secondaries and therefore leading their age group. If they don't have a solid coach, they'll no longer lead their age group.

new season and i've completely overhauled my squad. fired 5 players so far and got 5 more to go, stupid system of only allowed one sacking a day is annoying.

never really got into it last season when i was given my team but since exams have started and revision was needed i've been on it more than ever. have ten 17-19 year old passable/solid playmakers that will sell at excellent. no chance in my league of winning so will be profit making this and maybe next season then i can push on.

Started as I will probably go on - a 3-0 defeat and a player sent off. Rapidly losing interest after far too many seasons stuck in V. Will stick with it for a few more weeks then I may just jack it all in. Battrick is much more of a game

Time for an update - Worst season in division V for many a moon (finished 1st or 2nd the previous 4 seasons). Currently 4th and if I lose on Sunday may have to face a playoff to survive. Still training defending but the policy of hiring 20-21 year olds with decent passing and or playmaking with reasonable training clearly hasn't worked. I've invested too many years to throw it all away but it's way down my list of priorities now. Latest thoughts are to either switch to 5-3-2 or switch to 4-5-1 and bolster the midfield. I'm slowly building up match experience in 4-5-1. I can finance both of these options.

Mr Bs team is still there but it can't be too much longer before it disappears for ever !

I guess it would be, was up in II and they don't replace it till it drops to VI I think!

Was on holiday with the family back in June and I overheard my brother in law mention to my sister that he needed to 'get online to set his friendly line up'. It was a Tuesday, didn't take me long to work out what he was talking about!

Back