• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hattrick

And also Formidable midfielder Clyde Rorinson, up for £100,000

Clyde Rorison (24888807)
21 years, inadequate form, bruised, but playing
A controversial person who is balanced and dishonest.
Has wretched experience and passable leadership abilities.

Nationality: England
Total Skill Index (TSI): 2 270
Wage: 547 £/week
Owner: Southend United FC
Warnings: 2

Stamina: inadequate Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: formidable Passing: poor
Winger: wretched Defending: inadequate
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: disastrous

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Jan. 24 2005,19:28)]If I can pick up a couple of solid wingers I'll go with 3-5-2 and train playmaking after all my defenders have gotten to at least excellent.   Which should be around mid next-sesason.  I'm going to sell a couple of my trainees soon so that I can get some much needed cash in to invest in other positions.
BA, I picked up 6 solid wingers with weak/inadequate secondaries for a grand total of about 90k today so you may be able to find what you need cheaply before the new season starts. Don't ask why I bought 6, only needed two to make my 4-5-1 for the coming season. One of them is a new captain though. I should be able to make some profit on a couple of them next season!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Jan. 24 2005,23:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Jan. 24 2005,19:28)]If I can pick up a couple of solid wingers I'll go with 3-5-2 and train playmaking after all my defenders have gotten to at least excellent. Which should be around mid next-sesason. I'm going to sell a couple of my trainees soon so that I can get some much needed cash in to invest in other positions.
BA, I picked up 6 solid wingers with weak/inadequate secondaries for a grand total of about 90k today so you may be able to find what you need cheaply before the new season starts. Don't ask why I bought 6, only needed two to make my 4-5-1 for the coming season. One of them is a new captain though. I should be able to make some profit on a couple of them next season!
Cheers

smile.gif

A comfortable 3-1 victory tonight - Sorry Hils
smile.gif
- 86% possession rate and a very encouraging start for a mixture of new starters and a bit of experience mixed in. 22 stars (best yet) with an experimental team is not to be sniffed at.

Got 99 hatstats whatever the f**k they are. Anyone care to enlighten me ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 25 2005,23:18)]A comfortable 3-1 victory tonight - Sorry Hils
smile.gif
- 86% possession rate and a very encouraging start for a mixture of new starters and a bit of experience mixed in. 22 stars (best yet) with an experimental team is not to be sniffed at.
Your just lucky!
tounge.gif

I didnt even change my team, which I think I should have done now.

Just played a friendly against a Belgium team and couldn't understand why I took a 7-1 trouncing.

Until I checked my line up and realised I was only playing with ten men! For some reason my central midfield was a player light, very strange!

A glorious 8-0 defeat for ShrimperZone against a full strength Level IV team. An excellent playmaker picked up a 7 week injury just as he was coming back to form. Arsecandles!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (A loyal supporter @ Jan. 26 2005,15:38)]Just played a friendly against a Belgium team and couldn't understand why I took a 7-1 trouncing.

Until I checked my line up and realised I was only playing with ten men! For some reason my central midfield was a player light, very strange!
Could this possibly be because you had a player sent off after 76 minutes meaning that the reason you were thrashed had nothing to do with 10 men, just poor management.

Bloody newbies
smile.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 1445 to Den Dwoas. Gilead had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Krahenbuhl - Dekeyser, den Tex, Simons - D'hondt, Marinho, Pütt, Schaeffer, Wenzl - Pattyn, Hardeel.

Jaypea had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. Lineup: Bakens - O'Drain, Kaliappan, Doolan, Allard - Ambrose, Schraml, Buckley, Hannah - Jansen, Singh.

In the 17:th minute an unfortunate play by Kylliann Krahenbuhl gave the visitors a chance at the lead, but Ronan O'Drain, finding himself alone with the keeper, was unable to take advantage of the situation. In the 26:th minute the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending and Adigadadhara Singh put the ball away for 0 - 1. After a fatal mistake from the away teams right side defense in the 29:th minute, an alert Wolfgang Wenzl bagged the ball, evening the score to 1 - 1. In the games 33rd minute Jaypea´s Irwin Buckley fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Irwin Buckley for taking a dive. Ebert D'hondt gave his Gilead the lead with 2 - 1, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. In the 33rd minute Gilead put themselves up 3 - 1. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Friedbert Pütt coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. In the games 34:th minute Jaypea´s Leon Ambrose fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Leon Ambrose for taking a dive. The teams went for a half-time break at 3 - 1. Gilead held the ball, with a clear 61 percent possession rate.

A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Gilead´s Ebert D'hondt putting the lead up to 4 - 1. By now Gilead were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. Gilead put themselves up 5 - 1 when Hélder Marinho broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. Wolfgang Wenzl was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Simon Hardeel managed to kick one of them into 6 - 1 in the 61st minute. Jaypea were pushed back, and had many dangerous counterattacks, such as the impressive one in the 68:th minute that Jean Jansen narrowly missed a free kick attempt on. Unsportsmanlike behaviour by Irwin Buckley rendered him his second booking of the match, and Jaypea had to finish the game with a reduced squad. In the games 76:th minute Gilead´s Friedbert Pütt fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Friedbert Pütt for taking a dive. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Gilead lead up with 7 - 1. Simon Hardeel finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. The referee showed Gileads Ebert D'hondt the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Gilead, with an impressive 79 percent possession of the ball.

Most important Gilead player was Simon Hardeel. Ebert D'hondt was a disappointment, however. Jaypea´s best player was Adigadadhara Singh. John Hannah on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 7 - 1.

Good point well made ORM! Thanks for taking the time to explain to me what went on.

biggrin.gif

That does explain a lot - including the shoddy management skills. BTW I've no idea what Hatstats are!

Rochford got a 1-1 draw away in Hungary with 10 men after new Danish midfielder got 2 yellows and went for an early bath

Playing in Chile later tonight. Anyone after a young striker to train then this chap may interest you. Bidding starts at just £667!!

Scott McKennedy (38319228)
19 years, wretched form, healthy
I speak English!

A controversial person who is calm and honest.
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities.

Speciality: Powerful

Nationality: England
Total Skill Index (TSI): 160
Wage: 387 £/week
Owner: GNH United
Warnings: 0

Stamina: inadequate Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: wretched
Winger: weak Defending: weak
Scoring: passable Set Pieces: inadequate

Who's started a hattrick thread in the pub? Tch!
biggrin.gif

Back