• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
Just interested to see who's still playing the Hattrick game, and in finding out how everyone's doing.

Any promotions for us all to celebrate this year?  Any relegations?

What division is everyone in?  I'm at level V, which seems to be a bit of a result since I thought most people went in at level VI...

Anyhow, Southend United Football Club is playing Shimperzone FC this evening... and, without wishing to sound too boastful, I expect us to slaughter 'em!  I've got the first team out - be afraid, be very afraid Naps!

Managed to win the last 5 games of the season and finish in 3rd place!  My supporters are "delirious" and I've now got 782 in the supporters club, so that ain't bad.

I also managed to sell a young starlet at a massively inflated price (£340K) - so the side is now looking stronger and more balanced, and I've even got £105K in the bank.

Hey, should I apply for the vacant managers' job at Southend...?!

biggrin.gif

Matt

P.S. Naps - you were right about SundayLeague - it's not nearly as rewarding as Hattrick. But I've had two consecutive promotions and am currently second in the table, so I can't complain - nor can I give up when it's going so well...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 04 2003,18:24)]
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

What does that say for your managerial skills, Naps...

rock.gif

Matt
it says that my laissez-faire approach works wonders. I'm a true monetarist after all...

cool.gif

GNH United won promotion with a proud record reading:

P   W   D   L   F   A
14  14   0   0  65  5

I have 855 supporters and a bank balance of £165k with out selling any players, and to top it all my top scorer (a certain Ledley Harris, just ask BC about him )was the highest scorer in the whole series with 30 goals + 16 more in friendlies!

No Matt, I started at level VI, which is where I thought everyone started, so I don't know how you managed to start at level V?

Maybe they knew a person of your managerial prowess would have been insulted at having to start at the bottom
laugh.gif

Matt, how on earth did you manage to sell someone for that much, unless it was a keeper with a "solid" rating

I don't know, GNH! It was as much of a surprise to me, I can assure you. It happened over a weekend - a load of clubs got into a massive bidding war for my young striker called Kenneth McInstallker (strange name, I know).

Young Mac had some pretty good stats, and was only 21 years old - but he had nothing stronger than "solid", albeit that he was "solid" in scoring, set plays and stamina, and passable in (I think) passing and playmaking. In other words, very solid all round.

However, he was on poor form when I flogged him, and went for considerably in excess of his vaue (which was at about £150K).

I thought that he might reduce some of the debt I'd built up by strengthening the side and building up Roots Hall to 16,000 capacity. Instead, the sale left me with enough in the bank to get another midfielder & striker, and still leave me with about £60K in the bank. The additional money came from finishing third in the table (£25K) and growing the supporters club!

Not sure how I managed to start in Level V, but my division is fairly average, it must be said - albeit that there was (last season) a big gap between the top two and us smaller teams...

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 04 2003,18:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Nov. 04 2003,18:27)]it says that my laissez-faire approach works wonders. I'm a true monetarist after all...

cool.gif
We shall have to start calling you Mr. Maynard-Keynes...

cool.gif

Matt
Milton Friedman, you mean. Keynesian economics is the opposite of monetarism...

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Nov. 04 2003,18:57)]Milton Friedman, you mean. Keynesian economics is the opposite of monetarism...

wink.gif
Ah, showing the lack of my knowledge of economics there... oops!

I'll stick to law; number-crunching never was a strong suit.

tounge.gif

Matt

i started in VI as well.

I have also subscribed to the Supporter option, and now follow 3 other southend sides as there supporter and i beleive 1 is yours Matt

I finished 2nd in my first season and expecting big things for the coming capagn

I also started VI and finished 2nd due to goal difference of 3 goals. An annoying
rock.gif
but a nail biting end to the season.

1. rob's rockets 14 50 20 30
2. FC Gambero 14 49 22 30

Managed to be the only team to take GNH Utd to the wire this season in the ShrimperZone Challenge Cup. Lost 4-3 to golden goal rule and he was at home.
cool.gif

So currently playing Birri FC. And the first cup game is next week. I am also subscribed to Supporter and I keep track of MtS, GNH, Napster and Yeovil Shrimper

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Nov. 04 2003,20:24)]I also started VI and finished 2nd due to goal difference of 3 goals. An annoying
rock.gif
 but a nail biting end to the season.

1. rob's rockets  14  50  20   30
2. FC Gambero 14  49  22   30

Managed to be the only team to take GNH Utd to the wire this season in the ShrimperZone Challenge Cup. Lost 4-3 to golden goal rule and he was at home.
cool.gif

So currently playing Birri FC. And the first cup game is next week.  I am also subscribed to Supporter and I keep track of MtS, GNH, Napster and Yeovil Shrimper
bob whats your team ID and you can be my 4th supported team

Well I have just checked my team finished 6th in the VI.
Pos. Name Played For Against Points
6. The Shrimpers 14 12 - 33 15

Rather a cr*p season, due to lack of goals mainly.

My Sunday League team is doing a lot better

Pos Pld W D L F A Pts
2 21 17 2 2 90 18 53

We have had 6 successive promotions winning the league 4 times and being second twice.

My super striker Stan Dup is 2nd highest top goalscorer with 40 (in 20 appearances) and has a average performance of 87 out of 100.

The 4-5-1 has been working briliantly for seasons.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Nov. 04 2003,20:24)]Managed to be the only team to take GNH Utd to the wire this season in the ShrimperZone Challenge Cup. Lost 4-3 to golden goal rule and he was at home.
cool.gif
Ahem, GNH Utd only beat me 1-0 with a goal in the 119th minute of the game...

wink.gif

Matt

P.S. SUFC 4 -1 Shrimperzone - sorry Naps!

Well I've just checked my bunch of arse after not touching them for ages, sitting 4th in VI so looking ok, might even pick a team this week!

Odysseus Jousting in case anyone fancies a friendly.

Back