• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Have Britons lost faith in Osborne's austerity plans?

Will the Government's austerity plans work?

• Yes, I'm a believer.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No, they're doomed to fail.

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Don't know.No opinion.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
"we are all in it together" a quote of as much honesty and realism from the current politicos as Chamberlains "peace in our time" claptrap. The austerity idea is ok but it's delivery is half hearted and laughable.

Only our resident minimal state lunatics are going to defend this policy.

Slash spending and increase tax to get out of a recession? This madness is only understood by those who are so delusional that they think you can equate the UK economy to a household budget. When you tighten your belt at home you stop buying a few luxuries. You don't take away your transport budget to get to work.

I'm sure this governments policy works perfectly in eton debating clubs, right wing think tanks and new right academia. Unfortunately in the real world, just as in the early eighties, it brings the country to its knees. Thankfully Thatcher realised this by 1984/5 and changed tack. Monetarism was binned and a more pragmatic approach was adopted.

Cameron and Osborne are doomed as far as I can see.

I hope Cameron and Osborne are gone sooner rather than later but the prospect of Milliband, Balls etc. dorsnt fill me with confidence.

Back