• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Have I acquired a bargain ?

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
I know I said I'm done on squadbuilding but I always reward a league victory with some improvement to the club. As such I've just paid my highest ever transfer fee for the following player.

30 years, weak form, healthy
A controversial person who is temperamental and honest.
Has inadequate experience and weak leadership abilities.

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: solid Passing: inadequate
Winger: weak Defending: inadequate
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: solid

Career Goals: 12
Career Hattricks: 0
League goals this season: 1
Cup goals this season: 2

Without checking my profile and cheating - how much would you have paid for this player ?

I wouldn't be in the market, but I'd say he's worth somewhere around £50,000.

With a 30 year old you are taking something of a gamble that his attributes don't detoriate. You could be fine for 2 seasons, or on tonight's up-date he could become a passable playmaker. He looks a three star performer, probably three and a half with decent form, but with little sell on value.

I paid about £90K for a not dissimilar player a couple of seasons ago... but he was (a) 28 at the time; (b) had solid leadership, i.e. you're buying someone whom you know that, potentially, will be an investment once his experience levels increase.

Bearing that in mind, I'm with Matt... anything above £65K and you've probably been had.

Matt

Just seen his price, ORM - looks reasonable to me.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Mar. 03 2005,17:57)]Just seen his price, ORM - looks reasonable to me.

smile.gif
Cheat!

Following MtS' blatant cheating I also checked how much you paid.

I think you paid market value, but I think its a short term fix. Hattrick is all about long-term planning, the only time I'd consider advocating a short term fix is in a battle against relegation.

I would have paid no more than £30k. that is without "cheating"

Well I paid just under 55K and according to HAM he is my strongest IM by a long chalk.

I know age counts against him but I'm not training midfielders so there's no merit for me in finding a youth with reasonable skills.

Hopefully one of my defenders will pop tonight so I can go at least half way to meeting the expense. If my solid 19 yo pops to excellent I'll be delighted.

I could do with a player like that! However Im being steadfastly stubborn and will persevere with my entirely disastrously experienced line up!
biggrin.gif

As a PM trainer Iwouldnt have touched him with a barge pole, but price wise you have a bargain as long as he is only a stop gap untill the end of next season, and you dont expect to get anything back on him when you replace him.

Back