• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Have non-playing staff salaries been paid ?

As this has hijacked the original thread re tactics Ive moved the posts to a new thread...

Nothing a quick fire sale of our top players, wont fix eh.

Maybe. But the last time RM was selective about who he did and didn't pay on the football front it was when he was trying to force resignations/breach of contract.

Luggy, Hall,Mohsni gone by friday, you heard it here first. Kevin Maher to be appointed manager with Drewe Broughton as assistant. First signing will be Baz Savage.

Luggy, Hall,Mohsni gone by friday, you heard it here first. Kevin Maher to be appointed manager with Drewe Broughton as assistant. First signing will be Baz Savage.

I can back you up on this with my sources at the club. 100% true. You heard it here second.

If Bas Savage ever pulls on a Southend shirt, I am out of here. Can't dislike a player any more than him!

Would Maher ever set foot at Roots Hall again while Rons still here, or was it someone else he fell out with (Tilly)?

Whilst I think (hope) you're joking re Luggy going, I would never be surprised if Maher returned in some capacity as I know for fact that he is personal friends with Gary Lockett

PS should be paid on results only. No win in 4 no money . Good on ya Ron.
With any luck this will force him out. Hooof him out of Roots Hall.

Where is this rumour about problems paying people coming from?

Exactly - rumour, all insubstantial b*llocks, everyone knows we haven't got a pot to p*ss in, like every other business in the same situation they probably are robbing Peter to pay Paul, such is life.

Can these threads be nipped in the bud and directed straight to the pub? or even better removed completely?

PS should be paid on results only. No win in 4 no money . Good on ya Ron.
With any luck this will force him out. Hooof him out of Roots Hall.

Yeah, cos there's a queue of people lined up who would be willing to take his place isn't there? :nope:

Exactly - rumour, all insubstantial b*llocks, everyone knows we haven't got a pot to p*ss in, like every other business in the same situation they probably are robbing Peter to pay Paul, such is life.

Can these threads be nipped in the bud and directed straight to the pub? or even better removed completely?

No they cant, as there are people on here who have reliable sources giving them the information.

If you choose to dismiss it then thats up to you, but the concerns at present are genuine. Being skint and robbing Peter to Pay Paul is one thing, but when staff arent getting paid and the club looks to be struggling to pay day to day bills its a valid discussion point.

No they cant, as there are people on here who have reliable sources giving them the information.

If you choose to dismiss it then thats up to you, but the concerns at present are genuine. Being skint and robbing Peter to Pay Paul is one thing, but when staff arent getting paid and the club looks to be struggling to pay day to day bills its a valid discussion point.

Here here!

Whilst I agree these threads are valid & deserve to stay in this forum, until someone puts some meat on the bones then they are just hearsay & rumour & that's the most credibility you can give them.

I don't disbelieve some have contacts & I don't doubt their integrity either, but I do wonder what purpose they serve when there is nothing substantiated.

It serves as a point of discussion, which is what a message board is about. Unless it's libellous, what people have heard, whether or not people believe it, is a perfectly acceptable thread to start.

If people get their knickers in a twist about what someone they don't know has written on the internet, the problem lies with them.

As it happens, I won't believe it until it's been officially denied by the club.

Whilst I agree these threads are valid & deserve to stay in this forum, until someone puts some meat on the bones then they are just hearsay & rumour & that's the most credibility you can give them.

I don't disbelieve some have contacts & I don't doubt their integrity either, but I do wonder what purpose they serve when there is nothing substantiated.

Short of a member of staff coming on here or going to the press about it. What are you hoping for?

There is no smoke without fire and many people have been told the same thing. Thats enough evidence for me that there are big problems again.

Who knows, if we flog someone this week, perhaps everything will be sorted. Until next time...

If you could only post this stuff when it was officially announced it would never get posted.

There comes a point when you do have to rely on unofficial sources to highlight issues that may not come to light and the purpose is surely to bring to light potential problems that may affect the club.

For example there has never been any confirmation that there was an embargo, but we had numerous reliable sources say there were. If we took the official line then bascially Paul Sturrock dragged his feet and if he was working under embargo then the mitigating circumstances are ignored.

Theres a lot of harm some of the posters can do by coming out and claiming things as fact because they have a "relative" or "mate" who works in the club when really they just heard a rumour, but there are a number of people that when you hear something you have to take notice.

Back