• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Have non-playing staff salaries been paid ?

I assume then if it's non-playing staff that are not being paid, we wouldn't be placed under another embargo. I'm not sure if not paying the playing staff would place us under an embargo, but I imagine it would.

But just seen this & it's a strange comment from PS:-

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982
Sturrock -"we're in negotiations to sign players but it's in the lap of the gods if they sign."

I assume then if it's non-playing staff that are not being paid, we wouldn't be placed under another embargo. I'm not sure if not paying the playing staff would place us under an embargo, but I imagine it would.

But just seen this & it's a strange comment from PS:-

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982
Sturrock -"we're in negotiations to sign players but it's in the lap of the gods if they sign."

No, non playing staff would not trigger an embargo, which is why players are reportedly paid up to date and non-playing arent.

The embargo was reportedly due to non filing of accounts, and as we signed players the day after the accounts were filed would indicate this was the case.

Wouldnt read too much into the tweet, could mean anything. Transfers arent the most certain of processes at the best of times.

Hang on a minute, don't think that selling a couple of players will instantly produce a shed load of cash, most deals involve stage payments at agreed intervals, rare that the whole amount is paid in one go.

PS should be paid on results only. No win in 4 no money . Good on ya Ron.
With any luck this will force him out. Hooof him out of Roots Hall.
If you use your fingers and toes ( assuming you have digits? as the above comment suggests you wrote this with your arse cheeks or your bo***cks :hilarious:) IF we paid PS on wins he would have earnt a fortune last season, and with the sell on of Moshni, Hall and Ferdinand i believe his signings and conversions have made these players a valuable source of much need income at this time, i believe PS has earnt the club far more income than he has been paid over the last 2years, and made the Club/ RM a very tidy profit and his services has cost the club nothing!!! Think about it, HE has earnt every penny .

Hang on a minute, don't think that selling a couple of players will instantly produce a shed load of cash, most deals involve stage payments at agreed intervals, rare that the whole amount is paid in one go.

Will we get some money though and that is our biggest problem cashflow, or lack of it.

Has Cluniemore's identity been revealed to SZ by the user or by one of the owner's/admin's of this site?

It serves as a point of discussion, which is what a message board is about. Unless it's libellous, what people have heard, whether or not people believe it, is a perfectly acceptable thread to start.

If people get their knickers in a twist about what someone they don't know has written on the internet, the problem lies with them

:stunned: :hilarious: :whistling:
As it happens, I won't believe it until it's been officially denied by the club.

Very true.

Maybe we have not paid staff as we are making sure that we have a small amount of cash avaialable to pay for players? lets face it the people we will buy will be on a free or for very small amounts.

You can always find a positive spin to an issue if you think long enough :winking:

Maybe we have not paid staff as we are making sure that we have a small amount of cash avaialable to pay for players? lets face it the people we will buy will be on a free or for very small amounts.

You can always find a positive spin to an issue if you think long enough :winking:

I hope we won't be buying free players :winking:

Even "free" players cost money Phil

Raving just read Big Roys book its amazing the amount of cash that was swilling about back in the 80s for signing on fees etc ...

telephone numbers almost (pro rata certainly)

Even "free" players cost money Phil

Raving just read Big Roys book its amazing the amount of cash that was swilling about back in the 80s for signing on fees etc ...

telephone numbers almost (pro rata certainly)

Back in the 80's telephone numbers were a lot shorter of course... :smile:

If you use your fingers and toes ( assuming you have digits? as the above comment suggests you wrote this with your arse cheeks or your bo***cks :hilarious:) IF we paid PS on wins he would have earnt a fortune last season, and with the sell on of Moshni, Hall and Ferdinand i believe his signings and conversions have made these players a valuable source of much need income at this time, i believe PS has earnt the club far more income than he has been paid over the last 2years, and made the Club/ RM a very tidy profit and his services has cost the club nothing!!! Think about it, HE has earnt every penny .

This would depend on how much you paid him for each win. If on the other hand we paid him on entertainment value gained during most of those wins he would be skint. Are we not paying Moshni to sit on his hannds at the moment. He could have been sold last season for a decent profit. Hall and Ferdinand erm have they been sold?
As for an earlier comment that no other manager would be interested in the Southend Job .I would disagree. Even when the likes of Luton got relegated to non league , managers still wanted to apply. Southend would attract attention if they needed a new manager ( we do ) and there would be interest from several capable managers.
Porterman please try to raise the level of your comments and don't insult my comments in such a childish way. Just saying.

This would depend on how much you paid him for each win. If on the other hand we paid him on entertainment value gained during most of those wins he would be skint. Are we not paying Moshni to sit on his hannds at the moment. He could have been sold last season for a decent profit. Hall and Ferdinand erm have they been sold?
As for an earlier comment that no other manager would be interested in the Southend Job .I would disagree. Even when the likes of Luton got relegated to non league , managers still wanted to apply. Southend would attract attention if they needed a new manager ( we do ) and there would be interest from several capable managers.
Porterman please try to raise the level of your comments and don't insult my comments in such a childish way. Just saying.

We are trying to sell Mohsni at the moment and Hall and Ferdinand have had bids from a Championship club by the look of it. (Forest my bet)

If all League Two managers were paid on entertainment you would find a lot of skint managers...

Well with a few home games in quick succession, plus the sale of Kane and perhaps Hall, let's hope those that have gone unpaid for a while, are paid what they are owed this week.

Feel sorry for all those affected.

Back