• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ooh-andy-ansah

Director
Absolutely disgusted to see some of the comments about Corr following yesterday's performance. Some of our so called "fans" should be ashamed of themselves. To describe his performance as one moron did as "toilet" is disgraceful. Some FACTS about yesterday and the season as a whole;

1/ Corr's goal yesterday was disallowed because of Bolger's push so Barry did his job and finished well

2/ He should have had a stone wall penalty, a clear push

3/ He set up Piggott for the equaliser

So in other words he did exactly what a front man is supposed to do. He also worked his nuts off for the whole 90 minutes. Considering he has carried an injury all season I think he has done great this season, delivered when we needed him to on many occasions. It's not easy playing as he has on is own for much of the season. Bentley & Piggott will grab the headlines after yesterday but anyone who actually knows something about football will recognise & acknowledge Barry's contribution.

Well said. His work rate and hold up play has top draw yesterday, especially when he had to play on his own at the start #somepeople

Absolutely disgusted to see some of the comments about Corr following yesterday's performance. Some of our so called "fans" should be ashamed of themselves. To describe his performance as one moron did as "toilet" is disgraceful. Some FACTS about yesterday and the season as a whole;

1/ Corr's goal yesterday was disallowed because of Bolger's push so Barry did his job and finished well

2/ He should have had a stone wall penalty, a clear push

3/ He set up Piggott for the equaliser

So in other words he did exactly what a front man is supposed to do. He also worked his nuts off for the whole 90 minutes. Considering he has carried an injury all season I think he has done great this season, delivered when we needed him to on many occasions. It's not easy playing as he has on is own for much of the season. Bentley & Piggott will grab the headlines after yesterday but anyone who actually knows something about football will recognise & acknowledge Barry's contribution.

I agree with every single word of that and think Corr has been absolutely immense this season.

I would add though that IMO , his failure to step up and take a penalty before his 2 CB's is a big , big , shame.
The job of a striker is to hit the net , and despite the fact that he felt bad about missing against Stevenage should be no excuse.
It didn't matter in the end , but it could have.

Look it's a season long effort it's not how you perform on one day but over fifty games. He has more than justified his selection and position as main striker.
That doesn't mean we can't criticise his play yesterday. I thought he was very poor as he was in the Stevenage second leg. If that goal had stood then it might have been a different story but too many times he was beaten in the air and on the ground. There was a moment near the end where he had a simple lay off to Leonard I think a five yard pass and he messed that up.
And no. 9 penalty taker? ?!!!
So don't confuse justified criticism with disrespect he had a bad game that's it. Overall he's had a great season.

Honestly, I think BBBC had abit of a shocker yesterday, that's my opinion. From my point of view he lost the ball too easily didn't win it enough and didn't seem to have thag chase in him that he usually has. I wouldn't say that's disrespectful just my opinion. Still love the man for what his done this season, one off day doesn't ruin a reputation. Anyone who says different is very very fickle.

There seems to be a disagreement between those who were at Wembley, and those watching from afar. It was quite clear to me, watching perforce on the box, that he did a pretty good job in the circumstances, and his close control and reading of the game was very good, including that chest down to the Pig. The problem was that with 451 or its variants he was lacking in the support he needed.

Where he let himself down a little was in his petulance whenever he wasn't given a foul, he needs to spend a little less time on his knees moaning and get back into the game quicker.

In the europhia feeling I was having yesterday who cares - let them have their moans and groans they obviously feel nothing for the club nor the shirt and all they do it makes themselves look like right t***s amoungst happy, loyal supporters. We know whose they people are and if we were to gain promotion to the Premier League they would still be there moaning.
Just feel sorry for them as obviously nothing will ever be good enough and thank the Lord you don't have to live with such moaners

Look it's a season long effort it's not how you perform on one day but over fifty games. He has more than justified his selection and position as main striker.
That doesn't mean we can't criticise his play yesterday. I thought he was very poor as he was in the Stevenage second leg. If that goal had stood then it might have been a different story but too many times he was beaten in the air and on the ground. There was a moment near the end where he had a simple lay off to Leonard I think a five yard pass and he messed that up.
And no. 9 penalty taker? ?!!!
So don't confuse justified criticism with disrespect he had a bad game that's it. Overall he's had a great season.

Agree with every word,Corr had a bad game but overall has battled all season.

Leave him alone, I have bumped into most of the players at Dick De Vignes (still have hangover from last night!) it's fantastic to see them enjoying themselves & Corr deserve to enjoy his promotion, he played his part in us going up. Seeing the message on other treads is the reason why Corr wouldn't take the penalty & I don't blame him at all. If he took a penalty & missed it, I can see there be an anti Corr treads on here! Thank god nothing happen.

Sadly I had to miss the game from my bed due to illness and would have to say that Corr was actually exactly what you want from a centre forward yesterday. As it was pointed out, he scored a goal that was cancelled out due to someone else, had a stone wall penalty and set the goal up with an amazing piece if composure so late in the game, in a congested penalty area. Also he won majority of headers and gave their back four a torrid time. Again, which you can't always appreciate from being at the game is work rate, his again, as it has been for most of the season was second to none! He was a vital part of the reason we won and deserved his plaudits !!

The man has scored about 60 goals for Southend. He didn't take a penalty because he wasn't confident. Anyone who knows anything about football knowd penalties are as much about mental state as technique. If he didn't feel right he shouldn't have taken one. He did the right thing, as was proven.

I didn't think he had a great game but he was left very isolated until Pigott came on. Still worked hard, should have had a pen and did his bit for the equaliser.

End of the day, who cares? We won.

Took 49 games to get promoted, without his goals we wouldn't have been.

'nuff said.

I'm sure someone said he got the SKY man of the match... if so, he couldn't have been that bad!

A lot of what he does is off the ball and his work rate is phenomenal.

No-one played badly yesterday by the way.

Haven't people got better things to do on a day like this.Without his goals and hold up play we wouldn't be celebrating this morning.Has been immense for us the last two seasons.No player goes through a season without games where they struggle against a good opposition player.In a season where goals have been in short supply he has seen us up

I'm sure someone said he got the SKY man of the match... if so, he couldn't have been that bad!

A lot of what he does is off the ball and his work rate is phenomenal.

No-one played badly yesterday by the way.

Yes, he got the MOTM award.

Quite rightly MOM for me, worked really hard upfront alone, came back to defend, put them under huge pressure, scored a great disallowed goal thanks to a dubious free kick awarded against Bolger, great vision and chest on for the Pig to score, We would all be weeping in our beer if it wasnt for that assist alone! Well done Sky, correct choice of MOM, still what do the professionals know, weve got "toilet " boys to offer expertise

After watching the highlights again he was one stupid Bolger foul away from a goal and being a hero. He even gets the assist for the equaliser.

Get a grip people.

Well I thought BBBC had a good game yesterday. He battled hard and ran and ran all night, never giving up. He scored a great goal, but Bolger's rather too obvious push led to it being disallowed - almost the only thing that awful ref got right. His knock down to the Pig from Weston's brilliant cross was perfection itself.

I still think he had a poor game in the second leg of the semi final though. But, hey, nobody's perfect and I salute BBBC for impressively shouldering the attacking role on his own for much of the season ans scoring so many vital goals.

Back