• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

rigsby

Life President⭐
I was in the so called family area near the corner flag of the main stand last night. It saddens me to have to report that yet again some individuals have embarrassed our club once again.

Five or six men decided to stand half way down the gang way and block the view of some families with small children. When one dad politely asked them to move a real tough hard nut, thick set and around 45 ish pushed past a ten year old to aggressively threaten his dad with the words 'I'll put you in the ground'. Must be a gangster.
Two other men who also refused too move, one them black the other was white, were eventually ejected I think. You may have witnessed a steward arguing with them by the corner flag.

Then a youth in front refused to sit down and was blocking the view of the woman next to me. When I had a word he petulantly told me sitting down was boring. Luckily his friend read the 'by now I've had enough' look on my face and talked some sense into him. Periodically he would leap up and shout abuse to their family section and give them the middle finger. I can only assume that when his acne calms down so will he.

I realized after the game the way forward must be to take a snap shot of these idiots, especially the gangster and name and shame them.

By the way I never got the name of the dad or his son so if you are on the zone or someone who knows them is, I would like to get in touch. I was the Guy in the Blue coat

I was in the so called family area near the corner flag of the main stand last night. It saddens me to have to report that yet again some individuals have embarrassed our club once again.

Five or six men decided to stand half way down the gang way and block the view of some families with small children. When one dad politely asked them to move a real tough hard nut, thick set and around 45 ish pushed past a ten year old to aggressively threaten his dad with the words 'I'll put you in the ground'. Must be a gangster.
Two other men who also refused too move, one them black the other was white, were eventually ejected I think. You may have witnessed a steward arguing with them by the corner flag.

Then a youth in front refused to sit down and was blocking the view of the woman next to me. When I had a word he petulantly told me sitting down was boring. Luckily his friend read the 'by now I've had enough' look on my face and talked some sense into him. Periodically he would leap up and shout abuse to their family section and give them the middle finger. I can only assume that when his acne calms down so will he.

I realized after the game the way forward must be to take a snap shot of these idiots, especially the gangster and name and shame them.

By the way I never got the name of the dad or his son so if you are on the zone or someone who knows them is, I would like to get in touch. I was the Guy in the Blue coat

That is a brilliant line. I think I might have to nick that one in the future!

I was very close to the corner flag. The steward told them they would either have to sit in their allocated seats, or leave the ground. The steward repeated this about ten times and was very calm. They kept asking the steward why they had to sit down. This went on for about 5 minutes and eventually the three of them just walked out... Very strange.

The reason folk were standing was due to there not being enough available seating. Some of the lads in question were shown to seats when the stewards finally got round to pushing the covers back inbetween the Stevenage and Southend fans. I was standing fairly close by and I'm not sure what they were expected to do until seats had been found. Its football match not a debating arena for the polite society, sometimes its a pain, sometimes its not. Get over it.

The reason folk were standing was due to there not being enough available seating. Some of the lads in question were shown to seats when the stewards finally got round to pushing the covers back inbetween the Stevenage and Southend fans. I was standing fairly close by and I'm not sure what they were expected to do until seats had been found. Its football match not a debating arena for the polite society, sometimes its a pain, sometimes its not. Get over it.

For a start the big tough 'gangster' did have a seat he just didn't want to sit in it. The reason the covers had to be pushed back was because other idiots had for example in my row (J) decided they wanted to stand with their mates and made some ladies move along, so when people arrived they could not sit in their correct seats. If there was a problem they could have waited by the corner flag and not selfishly blocked the view of children.

By the way I wont mention any names but the women that were bullied out of their seats were wife's and family of our players. Lets hope people like you and Mr acne have not become Thursdays twelve man....For Stevenage that is.

By the way when you purchase seats in a family stand you have to remember your not in W block so you sit in your correct seat. Its a Family stand for polite society and not open to debate.

By the way I wont mention any names but the women that were bullied out of their seats were wife's and family of our players. Lets hope people like you and Mr acne have not become Thursdays twelve man....For Stevenage that is.

By the way when you purchase seats in a family stand you have to remember your not in W block so you sit in your correct seat. Its a Family stand for polite society and not open to debate.
Oh great, let's make their families really welcome, not! :sad:

The extra seats in the Main Stand were not sold as a family area. They were sold after the initial 1,400 seats behind the goal were sold out.
Not condoning what happened but it was not a designated family seating area. The tickets may have stated family area but that's because those seats are normally the home family area.

This might be a bit left-field, but if you have a seat you sit in it, don't you?

I accept the issue regarding certain seats being sold but having covers over them, but there's a thing called respect in any public arena.

Ps, Wonder if these people will behave the same way at The New Den next season.

The extra seats in the Main Stand were not sold as a family area. They were sold after the initial 1,400 seats behind the goal were sold out.
Not condoning what happened but it was not a designated family seating area. The tickets may have stated family area but that's because those seats are normally the home family area.

Perhaps but I would expect people to moderate their behaviour in the presence of youngsters.

I don't go in the family stand at the Hall and nor did I at Stevenage. Where we were situated is the family stand for home fans and not when given to away supporters. These things happen and always will. I know some of the lads your referring to and whilst not angelic they are not 'gangsters'. I is proper ganster, theys just yoot.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't go in the family stand at the Hall and nor did I at Stevenage. Where we were situated is the family stand for home fans and not when given to away supporters. These things happen and always will. I know some of the lads your referring to and whilst not angelic they are not 'gangsters'. I is proper ganster, theys just toot.

So your always going to bully women and children are you..... Perhaps if they should wear a Luton scarf

This might be a bit left-field, but if you have a seat you sit in it, don't you?

Not when I went to Carlisle! I was in my seat and aa ape of a steward said "You can't sit there, mate!".

I really cant't believe that some on this thread are trying to justify the ignorance of not considering others, who have an equal right to be able to watch the game of football that they have paid to see.

Everyone had purchased seats, not standing. If they were in a cinema would they stand.. I don't think so, but then again ,,,,!

Perhaps we should form our own 'red berets' and sort out these thugs ourselves!

No. no reason given. Just "You can't sit there!". Seemed to be the only thing he could say!

Blame allocated seating

Blame allocated seating
No. If you want to congregate together then get one person to sort out a load of tickets together. It's not hard, and plenty of other people did it. If you go to a match that is all but sold out and it's allocated seating, and you haven't bothered to try and organise it, then tough titties. Same as if you don't bother to book your seats on a plane and you're left with your family dotted about all over the place. Plan it!

No. If you want to congregate together then get one person to sort out a load of tickets together. It's not hard, and plenty of other people did it. If you go to a match that is all but sold out and it's allocated seating, and you haven't bothered to try and organise it, then tough titties. Same as if you don't bother to book your seats on a plane and you're left with your family dotted about all over the place. Plan it!

So everyone who wants to stand up knows each other? and then everyone's going to book together please be realistic. Allocated seating will always cause this problem so the only way to stop it would be not to allocate seats that way everyone is happy and things like this do not happen.

Back