• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Have we reached the bottom now?

Flinty

Not a member⭐
I think there was a previous thread on this but I couldn’t find it so apologies to f this is doubling up.

Was 5pm on Saturday 9th October 2021 the lowest point in our history, was that the point we bottomed out or do you think that worse is yet to come ?

For me there is some optimism on the horizon, I think we may plateau for a few weeks but this yesterday evening could be the halt of the decline

I think there was a previous thread on this but I couldn’t find it so apologies to f this is doubling up.

Was 5pm on Saturday 9th October 2021 the lowest point in our history, was that the point we bottomed out or do you think that worse is yet to come ?

For me there is some optimism on the horizon, I think we may plateau for a few weeks but this yesterday evening could be the halt of the decline
On the pitch no.
Off the pitch, hopefully.

I have said “yes” either on here or Twitter, can’t remember. But it’s a HUGE week for the club.
Ron has to meet and embrace Stans ideals. I think it’s too quick to have a manager for Saturday but Stan seems confident in his choices and already sounded some out and they want to come so who knows.
Then a huge banana skin FA Cup tie which still genuinely can go either way.

But get this week and Saturday out the way and I think the only way is up now.

If it’s Ron choosing the next manager on his own with his record there is nothing he can’t make worse. But after listening to Stan on the radio with that enthusiasm for the club and fresh ideas for the club it’s got to be worth a go let’s be honest it can’t get much worse or could it.

I'd like to say yes - assuming that Ron can pay the players for the next few months.

Next week someone will pick a team and I'll wager Kargbo won't be in it. Brown's selections had got so ridiculous that any change will be an improvement and I rather suspect the players will breathe a sigh of relief on the pitch next week too (if they aren't distracted by a bunch of louts protesting).

I think when we go down to the conference south that will be the bottom. I can't imagine us going down any further

Going out of existence is the bottom.

All else is part of the ups and downs of following a football club.

Plenty of clubs have been here (and lower) and survived.

Going out of existence is the bottom.

All else is part of the ups and downs of following a football club.

Plenty of clubs have been here (and lower) and survived.
Equally, many have gone though.

Isn't there meant to be some enjoyment in going to football? Facilities, catering, for example. Let alone the standard of football or results. I'm surprised the support is as good as it is but not me any more. Had enough. Ironically, just watched a youtube clip - Chesterfield 0 Southend 4! McLaughlin, Cox, Ranger in the side. Oh, the days...

Way less than have survived, though.

Funnily enough, I was only thinking about that game this morning. Good Friday match during that run-in where we finished a point off the play-offs.

Sandwiched in-between that visit to Charlton with the best part of 3,000 supporters there and the home defeat to MK Dons. That match still ranks as one of the most disappointing of recent years.

We need to ensure we have bottomed out at this point. I doubt the club is even going to be financially viable if we went down to the Conference South.

Same overheads, far less income = a big fat budget hole that could sink SUFC for good

I think it might be worse next weekend, we need a new manager in place quickly as I can't see who takes charge next weekend for the FA cup qualifying game against Chertsey.

Actually no, for me. Watching during Covid 19 season was our lowest, the chairman not paying up, Molesley under a transfer embargo with good players waiting in the wings that he couldnt play, the awful start of the season, the realisation that it would take a miracle to keep our league status (and that was at Xmas) and the realisation that i couldnt go to a match to do my bit as a fan. That was low.

This season is all about outing the dead wood and rebuilding the club. I think we'll stay up ok with a half decent manager, enable some smiles back on fan's faces and go into 2022/3 with energy and optimism.

Just don't let that chairman pull the rug from under us all. And he will if unchallenged, its already happened.

Back