• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Have we signed anyone yet?

NZamba Legend

Deep-lying playmaker ⭐
It has now been a week since the season ended and even though we can not officially sign players yet, surely I am not the only one worried by the lack of transfer activity at Roots Hall.

Ron Martin keeps on talking about a war chest, but I don't think we've got a pot to p1ss in frankly. Will a new one year deal for Ian Joyce plug the gaps in our threadbare defence? I don't think so.

If we don't move quickly all the **** players that have been released by other clubs will have joined non-league teams or Leyton Orient by the time we get our act together. Also, I'm worried that Peter Taylor will do his usual best to 'help' Southend by signing all the decent players we had the initiative to scout and get on loan for himself.

Personally, I'd like to see a few desperation signings by the end of the week and then we can take it from there.

I am firmly pushing the panic button and you are all wecome to join me.

Cheers

Last edited:
Totally agree....

What is Tilson playing at. I expect he is out havving fun sunning himself somewhere tropical like Bermunda, Jamaica or Shoebury.

I have already seen that Accrington and Morecombe have released players yet I have not heard a sniff of Tilson speaking to these lads.

If I hadnt renewed my season ticket already I personally doubt very much if I would have done this season.

I'm in. Frankly I'm worried, that we haven't at least started putting feelers out. There's some great names being released and I for one, think we should add to our squad, not take away.

I'm in. Frankly I'm worried, that we haven't at least started putting feelers out. There's some great names being released and I for one, think we should add to our squad, not take away.

Unbelievable, I for one wont be renewing my season ticket unless we panic buy now.

It's a ridiculous situation. Due to commitments elsewhere I've barely been able to log in for the past week, so imagine my disgust when I returned today to find there's been bugger all transfer activity. There's only three months until the new season. What the hell are Tilly, Brush and Ron playing at, FFS?

Players of this calibre coming onto the market and the club probably haven't even sent out feelers. Disgusting. Another Essex based youngster destined for the very top who'll slip the net and be snapped up from under our noses by Peterborough.

14:10 and Still no-one in, yet more worrying, Geoff King still not removed from his position!!

GK OUT!!!

not only have we not signed anyone we've also released at least six of the next Michael Kightlys in recent weeks.

Players of this calibre coming onto the market and the club probably haven't even sent out feelers. Disgusting. Another Essex based youngster destined for the very top who'll slip the net and be snapped up from under our noses by Peterborough.

Good find. Tell me what club doesn't need to add an 'powerful Nigerian striker' to their ranks? Yet, I dont even reckon this 'wonderkid' is on Ron and Tilly's radar. Dont they even have the internet? You're right, he'll end at Peterborough, Wycombe, Gillingham or Brentford and score about a million goals.

I'm a patient man but it's now 14.38 and still nothing. From my office window I can see legions of released footballers wandering the streets aimlessly, why aren't Tilly and Brush out there with a big net and a packet of pork scratchings? I want answers!

FFS, our lack of transfer activity is getting out of hand. It's not rocket science Tilly, if you watch Sky sports news, the ticker at the bottom lets you know what top stars are being released. Check them out on Football Manager 2009* and if suitable sign them up.

*Id ensure they have over 14 for creativity.

Good find. Tell me what club doesn't need to add an 'powerful Nigerian striker' to their ranks? Yet, I dont even reckon this 'wonderkid' is on Ron and Tilly's radar. Dont they even have the internet? You're right, he'll end at Peterborough, Wycombe, Gillingham or Brentford and score about a million goals.

I've been informed by a source close to the club that there has indeed been contact, but at present the player's agent is proving to be a stumbling block. Miriam Abacha is demanding payment up front of £50,000 in good faith in order to facilitate the smooth transfer of player. It is now in the club's hands to respond urgently in order to avoid missing out on this GOLDEN BUSNESS OPERTUNITY.

Back