• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Have you ever known our away support be in such strong numbers in a long long time?

So proud to be Southend right now, and for me it just goes to show what we can do as a club if we sort this bloody stadium up and get promotion!

for a club who has been in league 2 for a while now, our support has been brilliant. and yesterday was amazing, the support was fantastic. makes it so much better when we all stand up as well it creates a better atmosphere!! smoke bombs were a nice touch as well:smile: This club has potential :happy:

Looked brilliant on the highlight. Didn't go yesterday but I was one of the privileged to have been one of the six thousand at Chelsea...owww those years ago now in the FA cup, and it reminded me yesterday watching the Bradford six thousand on the tv last night, what an incredible club Southend are in their away support. Couldn't help thinking yesterday that we were a lot noisier than them too ...and we only drew!

for a club who has been in league 2 for a while now, our support has been brilliant. and yesterday was amazing, the support was fantastic. makes it so much better when we all stand up as well it creates a better atmosphere!! smoke bombs were a nice touch as well:smile: This club has potential :happy:

Really? Smoke bombs and standing up are likely to put off families that travel to away games. If standing can be segregated to an area like it is with the Blue Voice at home then that's a positive but i think smoke bombs are a no no.

Away days shouldn't be abou families. It's a day out with your mates. More smoke bombs and flares for me. Helps the atmosphere

Away days shouldn't be abou families. It's a day out with your mates. More smoke bombs and flares for me. Helps the atmosphere
Agreed, would love to see standing, smoke bombs and flares much more frequently at games. Really does add to the atmosphere and makes me proud to be a southend supporter. A large proportion of Pompey fans had seemed to look over at our fans in awe with our jumping and singing. Real party atmosphere!!

Jnr

So you want to drive families away from away games then and have fewer fans at away games? Can't agree with you at all. Happy to have flares in a section that doesn't have families in, the same as a standing area where there aren't families.

Flares burn at high temperatures and could easily burn someone badly if they land in the the wrong place. More than happy for you to burn yourself but why risk other fans?

WRONG! Anyone without restrictions should be allowed to support their club away and more than that appropriate respect should always be shown.

No smoke bombs please. Those yesterday were not good for those of us with things like asthma and other such problems. The ball boy had to be moved for his own sake and if the wind had changed, the smoke would blow on the pitch, obscure the vision of Bentley and potentially make the ref call a stop to the game until the smoke clears making us look like a bunch of idiots.

Think some of you need a lighten up a bit. No one is gonna die, let's have a laugh, beer and enjoy away games. I respect any southend fan but don't agree that everyone has to be "well behaved" at away games. Flares, smoke Bombs and standing is the way forward. Sitting down, taking your wife/GF and tutting at those beer'ed up should all be a big no no.

Think some of you need a lighten up a bit. No one is gonna die, let's have a laugh, beer and enjoy away games. I respect any southend fan but don't agree that everyone has to be "well behaved" at away games. Flares, smoke Bombs and standing is the way forward. Sitting down, taking your wife/GF and tutting at those beer'ed up should all be a big no no.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/flare-kills-football-fan-at-world-cup-qualifying-match-1505057.html

Well actually they might. How would you feel in your ****ed up state if you were responsible for killing a young kid or even an adult all because a flare. They do look great but they are dangerous as hell, I've thrown real flares and they should be left for use by the military where we have a proper weapons handling test on how to use them. Same goes for smoke, in the wrong hands they have massively dangerous.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...an-at-world-cup-qualifying-match-1505057.html

Well actually they might. How would you feel in your ****ed up state if you were responsible for killing a young kid or even an adult all because a flare. They do look great but they are dangerous as hell, I've thrown real flares and they should be left for use by the military where we have a proper weapons handling test on how to use them. Same goes for smoke, in the wrong hands they have massively dangerous.

I could also link you to someone that has died just by crossing a road, eating a cake or playing conkers, doesn't mean people should live their life in fear. What a boring way to live that would be.

Take a risk ricey, you might enjoy it.

Back