• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Have you ever been arrested?

Have you ever been arrested?

• Yes.

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • No.

Votes: 37 60.7%

• Total voters

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Simple question just wanted to see how many ex-crims there are in our midst.

Anonymous poll - feel free to post any good stories.

Drunk & disorderly, spent the night in Rayleigh nick before being turfed out without breakfast.

A bloke that used to knock about with us got nicked twice for indecent exposure, both times for peeing in public. Plus I can remember a few football related incidents where I managed to avoid getting my collar felt where others weren't so lucky.

Indecent Assault - when I was 17 some girl lied about me trying to have sex with her dark and frightening times - cost me my job over the lies - found not guilty

Possession of a Bladed Article in a public place - threatened some bloke down my road with a lock knife - so close to prison for that but got 100 hours community service -learnt my lesson from that one

Entering the field of play during a designated football match - the LDV Area Final 2nd leg against Colchester at full time I decided to have a pitch invasion only to discover I was on my own! - night in the sells let out at 4am - court £120 fine but got no ban due to the circumstances of the importance of the win

To many times to mention. I was a bit of a lad in my day.

Community service and a few months in Brixton.

Surprised you wer'nt put on a boat to Australia!!!.

meoww.jpg

Indecent Assault - when I was 17 some girl lied about me trying to have sex with her dark and frightening times - cost me my job over the lies - found not guilty

Entering the field of play during a designated football match - the LDV Area Final 2nd leg against Colchester at full time I decided to have a pitch invasion only to discover I was on my own! - night in the sells let out at 4am - court £120 fine but got no ban due to the circumstances of the importance of the win

did the judge take one look and realise you clearly were a virgin? :smile:

the bottom one is classic, to think that a magistrate actually considered the fixture is brilliant, they must have been a closet shrimper???

I recall a few of southend's finest all getting a tug at Cheltenham away for various offences and subsequent bans under bail conditions. Again in that case they got 1 game exemptions form the cheltenham magistrate for the LDV final at Cardiff cause "it meant alot to them as die hard supporters and may never get to go there again" - the poor judge obviously didn;t realise everyone had been the season before!!!! :hilarious:

carrying an offensive weapon, arrested after my mate was getting a severe kicking and i waved a small penknife to get them off him, they left him alone and ******* me because a "mate" had grabbed my arms . the OB then appeared and dragged me accross the road to Bishopsgate nick, spent the night in a cell and bailed

Charges dropped a week later after my mate (who they had sent home ) had been admitted to hospital with skull fracture and the Dr had said ( I got it in writing) that one more blow to the head would have killed him.

carrying an offensive weapon, arrested after my mate was getting a severe kicking and i waved a small penknife to get them off him, they left him alone and ******* me because a "mate" had grabbed my arms . the OB then appeared and dragged me accross the road to Bishopsgate nick, spent the night in a cell and bailed

Charges dropped a week later after my mate (who they had sent home ) had been admitted to hospital with skull fracture and the Dr had said ( I got it in writing) that one more blow to the head would have killed him.

I know a bloke who was arrested while shagging Cherie Blair, he had an offensive person on his weapon.

Slightly off topic, but this 'offence' really irks me. No difference to when a 'small' club beats a bigger one in a cup game or when a team wins a match to get promoted. 100's invade the pitch and no-one is nicked!. If i was arrested for what you did, i would cite all other examples as just mentioned because it would seem to be a very flexible ruling.

Slightly off topic, but this 'offence' really irks me. No difference to when a 'small' club beats a bigger one in a cup game or when a team wins a match to get promoted. 100's invade the pitch and no-one is nicked!. If i was arrested for what you did, i would cite all other examples as just mentioned because it would seem to be a very flexible ruling.

Indeed I seem to recall at the end of that season I think we played Rochdale away and it was their last home game of the season they all came on the pitch - nobody arrested.

Funny that

Couldn't agree with you more. Pitch invasions are one the most beautiful things in the game, raw emotion. I've seen this a number of times now. I recall being at Hull away first game of the season when there were only 200 southend fans max. The atmosphere at the old boothferry park was great and they were odds on title favs. We were 2-0 down, and each goal was met by their 400 hooligans next to us scaling the fences, nazi saluting and going literally bananas (one guy knocked himself out cold!!). then out of nowhere southend got two late goals (Tesfaye bramble la la la la la!!!) and one southend fan jumps on to give Tes a hug and wham - nicked. No one bit of action taken against the Hull fans. I'd seen the chap who got nicked at loads of games and then he obvs got banned b/c I have never seen him at a game since!!

There was then Webby's return at Blackpool away where Trevor Fitzs late goal got us another point after being 2-0 - queue delirious scenes from the 1,000 Dave Webb's Yellow and Blue army and about 30 or so southend fans dancing and slipping on the muddy pitch for all of 60 seconds in sheer joy. No harm done and the police recognised that.

Now then take the Cheltenham game where one chap was def arrested for pitch encroachment, when he hadn't even entered the pitch, he was shoved over the addy boards by his exuberant southend buddies and promptly jumped back over. wham nicked. about 2 months later I find myself watching grimsby fans impede southend players with no action from the ref or police and then everyone is on the pitch anyway with no arrests. the way the law is applied is pure madness, if someone is threatening players or fans, then bang nick em (as per the fat chap at Torquay away who came bouncing across the pitch, but then slowed down for the plod to catch him - clown). If people are impeding the game, then there is a case to chuck em out, but in celebrating a goal or even a win after the game discretiion has to be shown, and sometimes it is rather ruthlessly not - costing some fans 5 year bans.

At worst toss em out if they get caught on the pitch, and then maybe they'll feel a little sorry for themselves, and if they jump back in with no harm done, leave it. But to stop someone attending any professional game in the country for 5 years and branding them a hooligan a moment of joyful celebration seems loony and pure spite

Last edited:
Couldn't agree with you more. Pitch invasions are one the most beautiful things in the game, raw emotion. I've seen this a number of times now. I recall being at Hull away first game of the season when there were only 200 southend fans max. The atmosphere at the old boothferry park was great and they were odds on title favs. We were 2-0 down, and each goal was met by their 400 hooligans next to us scaling the fences, nazi saluting and going literally bananas (one guy knocked himself out cold!!). then out of nowhere southend got two late goals (Tesfaye bramble la la la la la!!!) and one southend fan jumps on to give Tes a hug and wham - nicked. No one bit of action taken against the Hull fans. I'd seen the chap who got nicked at loads of games and then he obvs got banned b/c I have never seen him at a game since!!

There was then Webby's return at Blackpool away where Trevor Fitzs late goal got us another point after being 2-0 - queue delirious scenes from the 1,000 Dave Webb's Yellow and Blue army and about 30 or so southend fans dancing and slipping on the muddy pitch for all of 60 seconds in sheer joy. No harm done and the police recognised that.

Now then take the Cheltenham game where one chap was def arrested for pitch encroachment, when he hadn't even entered the pitch, he was shoved over the addy boards by his exuberant southend buddies and promptly jumped back over. wham nicked. about 2 months later I find myself watching grimsby fans impede southend players with no action from the ref or police and then everyone is on the pitch anyway with no arrests. the way the law is applied is pure madness, if someone is threatening players or fans, then bang nick em (as per the fat chap at Torquay away who came bouncing across the pitch, but then slowed down for the plod to catch him - clown). If people are impeding the game, then there is a case to chuck em out, but in celebrating a goal or even a win after the game discretiion has to be shown, and sometimes it is rather ruthlessly not - costing some fans 5 year bans.

At worst toss em out if they get caught on the pitch, and then maybe they'll feel a little sorry for themselves, and if they jump back in with no harm done, leave it. But to stop someone attending any professional game in the country for 5 years and branding them a hooligan a moment of joyful celebration seems loony and pure spite

Could not agree more!

I remember that Cheltenham game well and yes a certain few older lads got banned that day

Never arrested, though still worry about the Stawberry Creme I took from the sweet counter at Woolies, it might have been what eventually tipped them over the edge 30 years later as they couldn't carry forward the loss any more.

Re SUFC I recall being away at Mansfield mid 80's, very few of us there (less than 100) and we were crap in a boring game. Lost 3-0. Part way through it all it seemed that Ginger & Co were getting bored and picked an argument with the rozzers. Loads got involved and many got taken out, leaving even fewer of us. I felt guilty about not joining in and still being on the terrace, and after such a bad match wished I'd been hoisted out with the others.

Back