• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Have you ever been drinking on your own?

Drinking yourself silly.

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
My lodger my mate Skeletor revealed the other day that he went for beers on his own last sunday as none of the other lads were about. I am talking going into a pub and buying a pint not just some tins from the offy.

Ben today revealed that he often stops on the way home and gets a few beers in and drinks then on his own.

I can honestly say except in time of adversity (My Grandads funeral when I had a few beers on my own to get over the day) I have never really drunk on my own.

Mrs DtS often gets me a case of Brahma for a nice evenning drink but if I have one its always when she is there.

So am I missing a trick or is it a bit weird?

I've had a few pints on my own - v. relaxing to go to a boozer, get out the sports pages and sink a few. Not weird at all.

I'm going to a gig tomorrow night alone and as it's close to work I'm going to be there really early so will no doubt be drinking on my own. Don't see a problem with it if you can find a nice relaxing boozer, probably done it once or twice before actually.

I think that with the old style Local pub in demise the trend is changing. I used to regularly pop down the Kings Head on my own , there was always someone going to come in during the evening (or lunchtime) in a simlar situation . That was the thing with locals you always knew you would know someone in there.

When I first started work in London I used to go for a beer every lunchtime on my own , that was a bit sad

Whenever i tend to go places im always early, so will often have the first pint by myself.

Also sometimes sink a few tinnies at home alone... but its not the same on your own as when u have mates round

I'm going to a gig tomorrow night alone and as it's close to work I'm going to be there really early so will no doubt be drinking on my own. Don't see a problem with it if you can find a nice relaxing boozer, probably done it once or twice before actually.

Quite - if you can find a nice quiet pub with decent ale there's nothing wrong with it. Wouldn't go to one of these loud chain pubs on me own though.

Going for a pint by yourself can't be any more sad than staying at home by yourself can it?

Use to occasionally go for a beer by myself at the pub I use to work at, but as I knew everyone there I was never short of company. Other than that every so often when waiting for a train, or on a slow Sunday I'll buy a paper and sit down in the pub and read it over a pint. Can't say I've done that for a few years though.

Also when I was travelling it was one of the best ways of meeting people. Head to the nearest bar and you'll end up chatting and meeting loads of people.

I think if you are going down you local alone knowing full well that you will know someone there then its not really sad at all, especially if its a one off or a random night in the week and you just fancy a beer.

I also think that a couple of drinks at home doesnt really do any harm either, esp after a hard days work in the summer, it can be nice to come home and have a nice cold beer in the garden or something.

However, when you start spending each Saturday night setting off on your own for a night out then its pretty damn sad, that is unless of course....you dont go home alone.....!

Except for a Friday or Saturday night I don't think there is anything wrong with popping down the pub or a bar for a few turps.

In Brasil you will alwaya get someone thats wants to talk to you anyway so you don't usually get that problem.

I've had a few pints on my own - v. relaxing to go to a boozer, get out the sports pages and sink a few. Not weird at all.

Agreed - For me it's normally during the daytime when I'm supposed to be working from home. On most occasions, the pubs are empty, no queue at the bar, plenty of seats to choose from and normaly a clear view of the TV - just missing waitress service I suppose!!!

Nowt wrong with sinking a few beers on your own but if your doing it all the time then you need to start asking a few questions though!

Back