• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Have you ever helped catch a criminal?

Options

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Midday today as usual decided to go for lunch. Lunch when you work locally rather than in town is a sombre affair and usually consists of a Boots Meal deal and a call to Mrs DtS to check how things are going.

Today however was very different.........

Came out of Boots meal deal in hand and started to walk up the road towards the park which is my usual routine. As I crossed the road by Iceland I noticed a bit of a comotion. A bloke and a woman had run out the store and gone seperate ways. The bloke went the opposite way to me and the woman towards the park. They were being followed by possibly two of the fatest members of staff Iceland has to offer.

As luck would have it there were some coppers down the road so I told the Iceland staff this - Afterall no-one likes a thief. They ran off to get the old bill. Looking at the coppers they were almost as unfit as the Iceland staff so fancying myself as a bit of a sleuth I gave chase myself.

When I say gave chase I did a semi-jog down the road and got to the edge of the park just in time to see the woman disapear into the public bogs.

About two mins later the old bill came in the park and started looking for this woman. I did my duty and told them the thieving bitch was in the bogs and the rest in history. The old bill took my name and address and thanked me. Sadly they laughed off my request for a reward but there you go.

Have any other Shrimperzoners help to catch some form of crook or another?

You won't feel so smug when witnesses and members of the jury start having 'accidents'.

Ahh now, were you one of the crims I sent down on jury service at the CCC (Central Criminal Court aka The Old Bailey(!))?

Hmmm or one of the many I have burnt footage for after being caught in the act of illegality?!

Dts at the Brighton game, Friday.

smythe_disguise.jpg

Midday today as usual decided to go for lunch. Lunch when you work locally rather than in town is a sombre affair and usually consists of a Boots Meal deal and a call to Mrs DtS to check how things are going.

Today however was very different.........

Came out of Boots meal deal in hand and started to walk up the road towards the park which is my usual routine. As I crossed the road by Iceland I noticed a bit of a comotion. A bloke and a woman had run out the store and gone seperate ways. The bloke went the opposite way to me and the woman towards the park. They were being followed by possibly two of the fatest members of staff Iceland has to offer.

As luck would have it there were some coppers down the road so I told the Iceland staff this - Afterall no-one likes a thief. They ran off to get the old bill. Looking at the coppers they were almost as unfit as the Iceland staff so fancying myself as a bit of a sleuth I gave chase myself.

When I say gave chase I did a semi-jog down the road and got to the edge of the park just in time to see the woman disapear into the public bogs.

About two mins later the old bill came in the park and started looking for this woman. I did my duty and told them the thieving bitch was in the bogs and the rest in history. The old bill took my name and address and thanked me. Sadly they laughed off my request for a reward but there you go.

Have any other Shrimperzoners help to catch some form of crook or another?

grass!

What I'm confused by is why someone would pinch something from Iceland - without a carrier bag your hands must go numb after a while?

PS I've made Britain a safer place, once I was caught drinking outside the Silver Jubilee as a youngster, I gave someone elses name and address so that they can be taken off the streets and into juvey :)

I'm disappointed the club have made no effort to recognise Dave's efforts in the crime-fighting sphere. What the hell are the playing at?

Make a statement Ron Martin!

Whilst the act of nicking from Iceland is not a major one where does it stop?

What if its my house next? ( I meant being burguled you smug *******s)

Last edited:
Have had to give ID information to police a couple of times in fraud cases when I worked at the bank, but no more than that.

What if its my house next?

they would have to be bloody strong to nick that

What if its my house next?

Unless you live in a cardboard box, I'd have thought they'd have logistical problems stealing your house.

Maybe they want to steal it to solve the carrier bag dilemma?

I've been questioned, after a secuiror truck was robbed outside the place I use to work. As I opened the store that morning and forgot to change the tape for the cctv. The police thought it was a little suspicious that I hadn't changed the tape

Back