• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Have you ever written to your MP?

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
If so why and did you get a result.

I am currently drafting a letter to Rebecca Harris regarding the Echo story that Castle Point council are considering private firms running Waterside and Runnymede .

It's not like the bar is set particularly high when it comes to public leisure facilities in the region and the council should be forced to up their game rather than walking away.

Yes. Loads of times. Got a few replies from Teddy Taylor about SUFC. And a recent one from Damian Green. Helen Grant's office were also a great help when I had an issue with my daughter's school bus.

If you're friendly enough they can be very helpful.

...tweeted him in regards to that sodding nightclub. He did respond, but heard nothing since.

...tweeted him in regards to that sodding nightclub. He did respond, but heard nothing since.

I think you need to show that you are making at least some effort which is why I am writing a letter rather than using email or social media.

Email's very effective as it goes to not just the MP but also their office. But they do reply to every letter but it takes a bit longer.

Once wrote to our MP to geta guided tour around the Houses of Parliament (something to which we are all entitle do)

Ann Keen (Lab, Brentford and Isleworth) may have been the sort of shyster who claimed for a second home despite her and her husband both representing West London constituencies but she came up trumps with the tour. One guide just for my wife and I, no need to traipse around with a bunch of Italian students.

Also got a reply from my current MP (Mike Penning, Con) after I signed a petition in support of betting shops where he promised to write to the minister concerned (Helen Grant, Con) In turn, I got a standard reply back from her office.

I am currently drafting a letter to Rebecca Harris regarding the Echo story that Castle Point council are considering private firms running Waterside and Runnymede .

It's not like the bar is set particularly high when it comes to public leisure facilities in the region and the council should be forced to up their game rather than walking away.
Would't worry mate she's to busy chasing bikers off the Island with her camera!

Write in green ink to be taken more seriously.

No, but I have written to the lead singer of Echo and the Bunnymen.

[video=youtube;r711rZ4M5K0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r711rZ4M5K0[/video]

I received a letter from my MP yesterday. He tells me if I vote for him he will freeze my gas and fuel costs which is a bit of a kick in the wotsits as I am in the process of switching to a supplier who would have reduced my costs.

No, but I have written to the lead singer of Echo and the Bunnymen.

I wrote to 'Steve' who used to run the Evening Echo kids club. Was it called the Echo Gang or something like that?
I can't remember if I got a reply, but then he probably didn't exist anyway!

I met the prospective Labour candidate for MK North today, very down to earth and friendly woman. She's got my vote (TBF she already had it).

Back