• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SYDNEY (AFP) said:
Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to "ho", a US slang term for prostitute.

"Gimme a break," said Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids.

"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that "ho, ho, ho" has any other connotation and nor should they," she told the Telegraph.

"Leave Santa alone."

A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.

And we think the nanny state is just a UK problem!
Sucks fake!

after all it is the Aussies who have banned fireworks.

Oh did you not call for this a few weeks ago, :guns: ;)

Got no problems with fireworks per se!
I just don't think spotty sociopathic teenagers should be able to get their hands on them!
Why, it is now acceptable to emotionally scare a 2 year old little girl who's done nobody any harm at all?

True, the Aussie's overreact about everything and have a zero tolerance policy if you break any of their rules, so if that snippet was real then it would not be surprising.

Got no problems with fireworks per se!
I just don't think spotty sociopathic teenagers should be able to get their hands on them!
Why, it is now acceptable to emotionally scare a 2 year old little girl who's done nobody any harm at all?

Woah it was meant in jest. However as a father of a 5 and a 2 year old I totally agree and feel rather than a ban, a tighter selling policy should be set up.

Woah it was meant in jest. However as a father of a 5 and a 2 year old I totally agree and feel rather than a ban, a tighter selling policy should be set up.

Some idiots are still setting them off in the evenings near me.
I remember the good old days, when after November 5th you had peace and quiet until new years eve, when everyone's too battered to care anyway!

Back