• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Slipperduke

The Camden Cad
Dear BT,

I think we need to talk.

I've been thinking about this a long time and I've come to the conclusion that...well, I don't think we should see each other anymore.

Look, don't get upset. It's not me, it's you.

Do you remember when we first met? I'll save you the trouble of looking it up. It was July 19. It seems like such a long time ago, doesn't it? I wanted to find a reputable company to supply me with broadband and our eyes met across the advertising supplements of the Sunday broadsheets. I called the number on your website and we spoke for the first time.

Oh, you were so charming. You offered me wireless broadband at an affordable price and I was smitten. You swept me off my feet with your cavalier charm. "Don't worry, Slipperduke, it's really easy to set up," you told me in your soft, but commanding voice.

Then on the 21st of July, my Wireless Router arrived at my house Oh, I thought it was the start of something special, but looking back it was just the start of a nightmare. I should have known something was wrong right from the start. I plugged the router in just the way you told me and waited to enter the exciting new world of the interweb. But nothing happened.

I figured that my 'switch-on date' hadn't come round yet and I waited patiently. Oh, how I wanted things to work out between us. Perhaps I wanted it too much. The heart can be blind sometimes, can't it?

On the 29th of July, a Saturday as I recall, I woke up really early. I called you again. I just wanted to hear your voice, I suppose, but you weren't there. I got stuck somewhere in your system and ended up talking to someone called Waffa in India. I like to think he was the boss, because that would make him Waffa the Gaffer.

Waffa was very nice, but he wasn't you. After 35mins, he came to the conclusion that there was a problem at BT's end and that he would pass my complaint on to another department and that someone would get in touch in 24 hours.

But you never called.

On Wednesday, August 2, I called again. I spoke to someone on the sales department and told her my problem. She put me on hold for an hour. Forgive me, but I wrote some angry emails saying hurtful things. I wouldn't ever want to hurt you, but you hurt me first and I lashed out.

Finally someone got in touch to tell me that Thursday, August 3 would be the day that our love would be consumated.

I was so excited that I took a day off work in order to ensure that I'd be by the phone. Someone called Steven from India called and spent 45 minutes telling me to plug things in and plug things out. Then he told me that there was a problem at BT's end and that he would pass my complaint on to another department and that someone would get in touch in 24 hours. The real bombshell came when he told me that my Wireless Router wasn't actually wireless. You'd sent me the wrong unit! Don't you respect me, if not as a customer then just as a person? What's the point of a Router that isn't wireless? I told you I had a laptop!

I bought myself two tubs of ice-cream and cried myself to sleep that night.

On Friday, August 4, I received a call from another member of your support team in India. He spent another half an hour telling me to plug things in and plug things out. Then he told me to start unscrewing the socket for my phoneline in search of a, "secret socket."

You'll never guess what his conclusion was? There was a problem at BT's end and he'd pass my complaint on to another department and someone would get in touch in 24 hours.

Well, it's now lunchtime on Monday, August 7. I note with some amusement that you've charged me £25 for my non-wireless Wireless Router. I warn you that I will not be so amused if I find out that you've charged me for a month of non-existent broadband.

I think it's best if we go our seperate ways now. I feel I've given you every opportunity to change, but you just won't, will you? I hope you find someone who will make you happy in the future.

Please can you give me an address for me to send your stuff back. I've got a BT Router and some cables, your pants and a Radiohead album.

Please put the money you owe me back in my account and if you even think for a moment of charging me for the first month, so help me God, I'll break into your house and cut up your suits.

Take care,

Slipperduke

laugh.gif
another gem, top work!

Another quality post from SD himself.

You ain't the only one mate. We have been waiting almost 4 weeks for them to connect our new house to the junction box & like you say you just can't get through to anybody who is prepared to resolve your query. And for this "service" they are demanding a connection fee of £125. They can stick that right where the sun don't shine, believe you me! I could even bare the wait if I wanted to stick with them long-term, but once I have a live BT line, I'm straight off to another service provider, probably Sky or Tiscali.

I used to moan about Telewest but IMHO they are the most organised well-run company in the world compared to BT and their dodgy service/practices!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Aug. 07 2006,13:35)]I used to moan about Telewest but IMHO they are the most organised well-run company in the world.
Rubbish. In Basildon, they are fine, but in Cheltenham, they are the worst company to go with, but as we can't pick up a tv signal without digital, Telewest were the only company to go with.

We wanted everything removed on the 19th June, and we had that confirmed by them. Did they turn up? Did they fcuk! Then, cos i'm the one with the account, they phone me up and threaten me with a £50 bill because they need the stuff back, even though we're going to re-subscribe with them next month. Incompetent comes to mind.

My advice, if you ever move to the West Country, never go with Telewest.

Dear Slipperduke , I would like to inform you that there is nothing wrong with my BT Broadband or having sex with animals. I tried both , and to be honest , had more joy with BT than my Aunt's Doberman.
I chose the wireless router thing and a wireless card-type thing for my lap-top and both were delivered on time. I received an e-mail from BT telling the exact day I would be turned on and it all went swimmingly well.
I am now on BT Broadband awaiting the court case for dog-rape, I just hope the animal doesn't turn up in court to give evidence or I could be locked up for a long time.

Fondest regards,
Bonzo Mcnasty.

Dear Bonzo,

I think I'd rather try and slip one to a rottweiler than ever deal with BT again, so you might be on to something.

Best of luck in court,

Slipper

biggrin.gif

Another cracker. I wish I'd manage to conjure up some humour in my last letter (to the Penalty Fare train people), but I was just plain angry.

I started the letter "Dear Greedy Swine", and it really didn't get any better from there, culminating in sending them nine separate cheques for amounts of roughly £1.70 each to pay the remainder of my fare.

I felt better at the time, but I also feel that I've stored up some bad karma which I'm going to have to pay off...

oops.gif
down.gif

laugh.gif

I've never had a problem with Tiscali... Went with them when i upgraded to Broadband and have never had any trouble. i can only recall 1 incident a few months ago when i couldn't connect, and that was down to a major incident with one of the lines that was dealt with the exact same day. They upgraded me for free and am currently recieving 2Mb/s broadband for the price of 525kbp/s
wink.gif

I had problems with BT (phone-line) and AOL (broadband). I found that suggesting that I might pass the matter onto Offcom to resolve it resolved a lot quicker and everyone became a lot more helpful.

Even then AOL then tried to pull a fast-one on me and tried to tie me in for a further 12 month contract. I had a couple of "interesting" conversations with an Irish call-centre, disputing some of the more basic elements of English contract law, in which the phrase "with all due respect" had to be liberally applied. I think their ignorance of English law was only matched by their ignorance of customer relationships.

Back