• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hawkwell holt

Kenny53

Full Back
I see Stan went to Hawkwell holt,I have a photo of the 1962/3 team which I was in.
Mr.stamp was our football teacher Mr Cryer headmaster and the fearful Irish teacher Mrs mcglynn who I still have nightmares about!

I see Stan went to Hawkwell holt,I have a photo of the 1962/3 team which I was in.
Mr.stamp was our football teacher Mr Cryer headmaster and the fearful Irish teacher Mrs mcglynn who I still have nightmares about!

I’ve got a photo from 1961/62 - I still have nightmares about Mrs McGlynn -she used to rap my knuckles when I was 6 with a pencil regularly because she insisted I did not know how to spell my surname. My mum had to intervene!

I left in 1963 the winter of the snow so guess I’m in that photo too!

This has brought back a bad memory of being forced to finish semolina pudding by Mrs McGlynn in 1966/67. Hated the stuff since!
Mr Williams was the PE teacher by then and Garry Nelson was in the school team. Now what ever happened to him?

Garry was in the year below me at Holt Farm (and later SHSB). Aged seven he was already in the school team and was probably even then the best player on the pitch. I sponsored his SUFC socks one year and he delivered them personally as he only lived at the end of my road.

Fotunately I wasn’t in mrs mcglynn‘s class in the infants. I agree she was terrifying. I had the much nicer Mrs Young.

Mr Williams of course later married the dreaded Miss Bass. Now there was a scary woman.

Garry was in the year below me at Holt Farm (and later SHSB). Aged seven he was already in the school team and was probably even then the best player on the pitch. I sponsored his SUFC socks one year and he delivered them personally as he only lived at the end of my road.

Fotunately I wasn’t in mrs mcglynn‘s class in the infants. I agree she was terrifying. I had the much nicer Mrs Young.

Mr Williams of course later married the dreaded Miss Bass. Now there was a scary woman.

Have you read Garry’s two books? - very good reads available on Amazon!

Back