• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hay Fever

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
I know pollen counts are expected to be very high this month because of the previous bad weather, so is anyone else suffering?

Seriously? I take it you mean proper local honey rather than, say Tescos own, from the local branch?

Yer, from a local farmers market is your best bet. Not a sufferer myself but twas a tip from Paul O'Grady IIRC as an ex used to be a sufferer.

Yer, from a local farmers market is your best bet. Not a sufferer myself but twas a tip from Paul O'Grady IIRC as an ex used to be a sufferer.

Funny. I've just been looking on the internet. Apparently there isn't really any real evidence that this works, but there is a lot of anecdotal evidence.

However, this suggests that there is nothing in it really:

Honey Trial

I do agree with their conclusion though: If you like honey keep eating it, and buy locally to support your local bee keepers!

Eat local honey. Always works for me!

Totally agree with this worked a treat for me and didn't suffer for 2 years after giving it a whirl in previous years. Now I have stopped and its coming back so going to get some more honey because the pollen is noticeably higher already.

Anyone else fine when in the office - all day. Get home - fine on train home but then back in the Essex and BOOM!

It's that oil seed rape stuff .Since they started farming it i'm looking like an albino rabbit with a bad cocaine habit from May till Septmber.

It's that oil seed rape stuff .Since they started farming it i'm looking like an albino rabbit with a bad cocaine habit from May till Septmber.

That stuff kills me too. My 10k run around where I live takes me round two sides of a huge field of the stuff too.

I don't suffer anywhere near as bad as I used to, I still have the occasional bad day though. I start taking the one a day tablets around march and that seems to keep the worst of it at bay.

I just buy the cheapy hay fever tablets and take 2 a day

Back