• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EastStandBlue

Life President
When I was at School, there was a bully who was a freak of nature to everybody else... Primarily because he stood at least a foot taller than everybody else with arms bigger than most peoples legs. One day, he took offence to my football hitting him and pushed me to the ground, So I know a little how David Haye feels going into the fight which will essentially shape his career.

Nikolai Valuev stands at 7'2 and weighs in at 23 stone, dwarfing over the 6'5 Haye who has only just made the step up to the Heavyweight division. A fight of David and Goliath proportions as the press have labelled it, the November event to be screened on Sky Box Office following the collapse of Setanta is a direct result of just that.

Haye was due to fight Vladimir Klitschko in June but was called-off after months of verbal assaults between the two due to a reported injury to Haye's back. A member of Haye's camp spoke to the press in the aftermath stating his shock at the injury, claiming Haye was fine just days before.

The more cynical, and perhaps less gullible, of the watching pack have said the prospect of no purse for Haye to collect, as Setanta were paying its entireity, was not something the Brit was happy about and, thus, pulled out of the fight. Haye has denied the claims, and the Independent Medical Investigation ordered should provide the truth.

Regardless of this, the Valuev fight is a strange one to take after Haye's comments about stepping up to this weight division. After dismantling the clumsy Monte Barrett in November 2008, Haye cast all bravado aside in admitting the strength difference between Cruiser and Heavyweight was more than he expected, and nobody will do more damage than the brutal Valuev.

With 50 wins, 34 by T/KO, and just 1 loss, the 35 year old giant will provide the ultimate test to Haye's Heavyweight crudentials. In his credit, Haye has definitely worked on his size whilst keeping his greatest asset, his speed, and is certainly the more athletic of the two. Haye should be studying tapes of Amir Khan's latest victory, his game should be get in, do damage, and get out before Valuev can draw his Fiesta sized fist back and seperate Haye from his senses.

Valuev is the ultimate test, and Haye will definitely be thinking that if he can take what Valuev has to offer, why should he be worried about either of the Klitschko brothers? A win for Haye and they win have to listen, a loss and they can continue their boring dominance of the Heavyweight division while Haye eats his food for a straw.

I won't bore you with the "The bigger they come, the harder they fall" or "David meets Goliath" cliches that Sky Sports will plaster around their attempt to market this as a pay-per-view event, but I do hope that a Giant Killing is in the offing.

I believe that Haye will be to quick for this guy and he should just take a leaf out of Amir khans book with his last fight being a very mature and bravado less performance . He boxed on the back foot and threw his flurry of punches and then got on his bike .

To take the title Haye will need to so the maturity of his fellow brit and work of the jab with lots of head movement , throw his combo's then get on his bike , it should go the distance with Haye victouris on points IMO .

Verdict - Haye to quick and slick for the Giant

Valuev really is a big ****er!

Valuev_Boxer.jpg

That's Chagaev, The only man to beat Valuev... He stands in at 6'1, exactly the same height as me :unsure:

Back