• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EastStandBlue

Life President
With his majority decision victory over Nikolai Valuev, David Haye duly delivered what he had promised, a shock to the system of the heavy weight division and a special warning shot to the Brothers Klitschko.

He's cleaning this division of the rubbish that has populated it of late, and the disposal has started.

Haye slayed the giant Russian to become England's first heavy weight champion since Lennox Lewis' retirement in 2003 and completely changed the dynamic of that particular weight class in one fell swoop. The Hayemaker executed his game plan with perfection, using his athleticism and agility to leave Valuev hitting nothing but a Haye-shaped silhouette of where he used to be before catching him with a tirade of quick-hitting jabs and hooks.

Celebrating prematurely, Haye was brought down to Earth for a split second as the problems of fighting in Germany were exposed, the first judge's card bizarrely marking the two equal. Any fears were allayed seconds after, as the two remaining cards marked Haye to have won by four rounds, giving him the majority decision. It could've been so different, a Knock-Out would've sent repercussions around the world boxing community and, had Haye's right hand not have broken in the second round, could have been a distinct possibility when Valuev was rocked by a right-left combination in the twelfth.

Haye didn't come to fight, he came to box, and put on a tremendous display of professionalism against a champion made to look distinctly ordinary.

More importantly to Haye, who is still new to this weight division, he withstood several good shots from a boxer seven stone heavier, removing any doubts about the durability of his chin against the heavier boxers, and the term boxer is used very loosely in this sense. It's been a long time since the Heavy Weight division has excited anyone... Lennox Lewis vacated his belts into the hands of the Klitschko brothers who have dominated the class ever since, much to the frustration of those contending.

With Haye now at the helm, you can be sure of a Champion that won't duck fights unnecessarily, a Champion that doesn't value size over skill and, most importantly, a boxer who comes to box, not slug. Haye faces John Ruiz next time out, the mandatory contender after winning on the under card last night and stepping aside to let Haye fight Valuev in the first place, but on last nights evidence he'll provide little competition to the superior speed and agility of the Hayemaker.

Haye vowed to clean up a stagnant heavy weight division, and last night took the first rung in the ladder to greatness. The Klitschko's will take some disposing of, but if anybody is capable of taking out the trash, it's David Haye.

Great article, would green you if i hadn't used up my rep abilities on OBL and aberdeen. Would only say that from what I saw, Haye's glass chin wasn't really tested, and as such i'm not convinced that he's removed any doubts about this.

TBH, i can't really see Haye's chin being tested against Ruiz either. John Ruiz Has got a decent jab, but no knockout capabilities against someone as good as Haye. He is also quite sluggish and prone to tiring quite early.

I predict a quick one, with The Hayemaker winning ny KO in the 4th-5th

Back