• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News 'He has a lot to prove' Southend United boss Mark Molesley on Nile Ranger's chances of a return

It probably won’t make us any worse.

I think people - like myself - have an issue with us giving yet another chance to a waster, who has a history of being a ****.
I dont think it really matters what his past is now..... half fit ranger better most of the team who played today and if anyone worried about ranger destroying team spirit, didn't look much team spirit out on pitch today! get ranger, holmes, lynch in till the end season. Cant be any worse than some of the players we got already.

I dont think it really matters what his past is now..... half fit ranger better most of the team who played today and if anyone worried about ranger destroying team spirit, didn't look much team spirit out on pitch today! get ranger, holmes, lynch in till the end season. Cant be any worse than some of the players we got already.
Nile has already been around the squad, let’s hope that’s just coincidence..

We have to take a chance with him I think ,nothing else to lose ,it was so bloody obvious when he came back to get fit it’s not down to Moseley it’s up to martin
Nope. Ron said the same to Nile when Sol was here and needed someone in. It’s not me you need to convince it’s the manager. Sol was having none of it. MM relented and have him a chance with loads of caveats. Ron could say no but not prepared to say yes.

Reactions: GBJ
Nile has already been around the squad, let’s hope that’s just coincidence..
I'm not his biggest fan be any means. Unfortunately we are in a position where desperate times calls for desperate measures! MM hasn't helped by swapping the formation leaving players looking clueless. Chuck them all in and see what happens. Most these players wont be here next season anyway. Nothing to lose anymore!

the sad thing about it is we could be pining our hopes on a bloke we a poor track record & no EFL games for 3 years - never mind Ranger being in the last chance saloon seems to me we're drinking in that bar

I dont think it really matters what his past is now.....

Sorry mate, but I disagree for the same reason I wouldn’t want Steve Evans or Adam Johnson anywhere near our club.

They’re all wrong’uns.

It’s each to their own and I’m not chastising anyone who feels otherwise, but for me, I couldn’t support any of those people in good conscience.

Sorry mate, but I disagree for the same reason I wouldn’t want Steve Evans or Adam Johnson anywhere near our club.

They’re all wrong’uns.

It’s each to their own and I’m not chastising anyone who feels otherwise, but for me, I couldn’t support any of those people in good conscience.
I wouldn't entertain someone like ranger if we wasn't where we are at this current stage. National league football would be pretty bad for the club in lots of ways! I look at this squad and think bloudy hell we are ****ed.... if MM just kept to the formation which got us some points then maybe ranger wouldn't be on the radar.

Looks like Akinola pulled a hammy. We literally have no cover other badship and acquah.

Can Nile do worse than those two?

So if Adam Johnson would definitely keep us up, would you want to sign him?
Would help if we had an owner who knows how to run a football club! At the end of the day we all want the same thing is for sufc to stay up. Dread to think what the national league would be like.

With modern day player recruitment you hear stories about doing due diligence on any potential signings. What is their work rate, attitude, are they a team player etc.
And yet we offer Ranger a contract, it beggars belief!
It’s probably very simple. You have Ranger getting fit for 6 weeks and indicating what he can do. On the other there is the absolute donkeys who we are able to attract as the worst club (currently) in the league. And the fact that a half fit Ranger is way better than anyone else we could sign. Reality.

Back