• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agree totally, sometimes referees will allow play to continue for a short period if it seems like a normal knock or blow but a head injury is of course a different matter and the ref even if he has doubts must stop play immediately. Fair enough, but as you say having to leave the field for 5 or 10 mins should deter the cheats and should give the doc time for a quick assesement.

In a similar vein its so annoying when a player is rolling around in death throes one minute then jumps up and runs to resume his position or take the free kick. Immediate yellow for me.
Yeah there was one towards the end in their box and from where I was I could hear Corr asking the ref how many more times and his response was I don't have any choice it's the head, Corr continued to protest and the ref shrugged his shoulders, looked at Corr and gave a look that made it clear his hands were tied.

The scary thing is when faking head injuries becomes an issue. Will refs become scared of being conned & they start ignoring them. It could result in a serious head injury not being treated quickly enough.

The suggestion of keeping them of the pitch for a while is a good one. In rugby they do this & it's called a concussion test. That might deter the cheats & make sure head injuries are checked properly.

Lost count how many times those ******s faked head injuries today. Time for a rule change, if you have a head injury then you leave the field for a minimum of 5 minutes and need doctors clearance to re-enter play !!!!!!!!

Let it go. I'm sorry we would have done exactly the same if the boot had been on the other foot. We would have delayed throw ins and goal kicks. If we'd had the upper hand we would have play acted. That's a fact.

I don't think that's the issue. I don't doubt we're just as bad as anyone else, but the suggestion is actually a sensible one. If a player has a genuine head injury then going off the pitch for 5 minutes is a sensible precaution. Any player faking it won't want to be off the pitch that long.

They were definately the worst time waste offenders I have ever seen - was for the whole of the 2nd half in the first leg. What happened to the rule of having to leave the pitch if the physio came on?
Sky will stop showing the play off matches if they are made to be so dull - if we hadn't scored and they had been able to dictate the style of the game again no neutrals would still have been watching at the end of the game.

Its not the time that they always do it for, it's more to do with taking the momentum away from the opposition - and winding them up. There were several times yesterday where Burton tried to wind us up.

I think anywhere on the pitch other than the penalty box the physio should be allowed to come on the field of play to tend the injured player while the match continues, as with rugby. I know it wouldn have helped yesterday but there definatly seems an increase of players staying down disrupting the flow of the game.

yes we are not saints we have time wasted in games ball in to the corner delaying taking throwins .And Bentley haqs had a yellow card for delaying takeing a goal kick . But there keeper held on to the ball time and time again at Burton as well as at the hall sataday .Did he recive a card no did he get any kind of warning from the ref no .And as for head injurys maybe the odd one but there players went down like they were shot far to many times .And when we got the score back to 2 2 they were panicking and played every trick in the book to slow the game down .I hope the ref at wembley dont get fooled by the cheating .:angry:

Got to say the time wasting,faking injury was appalling its that more than losing the game which has maddened me more than anything.
Whenever we had the ascendency ...hold your head or fall down injured where I was you could see their players laughing when the trainer was on. Barry Corr was even laughing with a player who was down.
Sadly seen this sort of thing in boys games as well which isn't good.
Wonder what Wembley will make off it next Monday.
I cant even wish Burton well next week which is unusual for me as I like being a good sport.
I had friends at the game who were neutral they said referee was weak and that football lost.

yes we are not saints we have time wasted in games ball in to the corner delaying taking throwins .And Bentley haqs had a yellow card for delaying takeing a goal kick . But there keeper held on to the ball time and time again at Burton as well as at the hall sataday .Did he recive a card no did he get any kind of warning from the ref no .And as for head injurys maybe the odd one but there players went down like they were shot far to many times .And when we got the score back to 2 2 they were panicking and played every trick in the book to slow the game down .I hope the ref at wembley dont get fooled by the cheating .:angry:

There is a difference for my mind for taking it into the corner (boring but legal) and actually deliberately conning the ref by pretending to be hurt. Especially for head injuries as it stops the game instantly and usually means you get the ball back two mins later in your keepers hands when you had it 70 yards up the field.

Creeping at throw ins, diving etc all poor form but it happens with all sides I am sure but having say 4/5 head injuries in one game. Terrible.

Lost count how many times those ******s faked head injuries today. Time for a rule change, if you have a head injury then you leave the field for a minimum of 5 minutes and need doctors clearance to re-enter play !!!!!!!!
Something needs to be done and this seems a good idea, although, I'd go for the return of the old rule that play continues until the ball goes out.Whatever happened to "IT'S A MANS GAME" ? ..................Wimps

to be fair to the ref he added on lots of time at the end. we had plenty chances but didn't take them

Its not the time that they always do it for, it's more to do with taking the momentum away from the opposition - and winding them up.

The way around the issue is a return to contested drop-ball situations from the place where the ball was currently in possession when the referee stops the game for the 'injury'; such discretion to be given to the ref in instances where an attacking team is in possession and denied an opportunity by the 'injury'.

Contested means the defending team should not find themselves in a worse (and unfair?) position while attacking momentum is continued as much as possible.

Any referees out there know why the contested drop-ball has generally fallen out of favour?

The way around the issue is a return to contested drop-ball situations from the place where the ball was currently in possession when the referee stops the game for the 'injury'; such discretion to be given to the ref in instances where an attacking team is in possession and denied an opportunity by the 'injury'.

Contested means the defending team should not find themselves in a worse (and unfair?) position while attacking momentum is continued as much as possible.

Any referees out there know why the contested drop-ball has generally fallen out of favour?

It fell out of favour to a seemingly fairer 'give the ball back'. The sportsmanship has fallen away from that now, so I agree it's time for a change. How about the team with the ball are awarded a free kick, where the opposition can stand within 5 yards and the ball cannot travel directly more than 5 yards? In other words - cut the cr*p and start from where it was left off

In injury time at the away leg when Burton's keeper sustained a head 'injury', it took him about 5 seconds to hold his head. He obviously realised that a player had been vaguely near his head so he delayed the match for about 4 minutes. Cheating. Blatant cheating. (I don't blame the officials, they have to stop play even if they think they're faking).

Back